Gunter vs Whitesboro

blueflu

5 hours ago, wingtveer said:

Yes.  He can run (#8) with anyone on a football field. 

#2 can run also.

I expect a hard fight from Whitesboro. Big guys and balanced offense. This one won't be over in the first quarter most likely.  I was skeptical about the coach they hired but looks like he is bringing them along at a good pace.   Whitesboro has not beaten Gunter in modern times so there is that.  We better not be thinking about Pilot Point yet.

On 9/5/2021 at 12:12 AM, NATUREBOY98 said:

How many years do you guys think it’ll be before the metroplex gobbles up Gunter. Man it’d be nice to own a few hundred acres of ranch land around there. Wooof. What a pay day! 

There has been some growth but most of it is in Celina and Van Alstyne.  Gunter is not growing like they are, but it will happen.

Gunter wins 28-6.  I couldn't make this game, so I listened on the radio.  Gunter started off strong taking a 21-0 lead midway through the first quarter (all offensive scores on 7 offensive plays) and then it got pretty sloppy.  Seemed like Gunter was still able to move the ball almost at will, but we shot ourselves in the foot many times that killed drives - or turnovers - one was as Gunter was going in for a score, fumbled at the 1.  Gunter wouldn't score again until there were about 2 minutes left in the game - following a WB score to bring them to within 21-6.  Hard to say if Whitesboro turned something on as well or if Gunter just played a sloppy game.  Probably a little of both.  A win is a win.  Lots of stuff to clean up.  I expect Pilot Point next week to be our toughest opponent so far.  We will be in trouble if we play like we did for about three and a half quarters of this game.

23 hours ago, Pax said:

Gunter wins 28-6.  I couldn't make this game, so I listened on the radio.  Gunter started off strong taking a 21-0 lead midway through the first quarter (all offensive scores on 7 offensive plays) and then it got pretty sloppy.  Seemed like Gunter was still able to move the ball almost at will, but we shot ourselves in the foot many times that killed drives - or turnovers - one was as Gunter was going in for a score, fumbled at the 1.  Gunter wouldn't score again until there were about 2 minutes left in the game - following a WB score to bring them to within 21-6.  Hard to say if Whitesboro turned something on as well or if Gunter just played a sloppy game.  Probably a little of both.  A win is a win.  Lots of stuff to clean up.  I expect Pilot Point next week to be our toughest opponent so far.  We will be in trouble if we play like we did for about three and a half quarters of this game.

From our vantage point, that was a score. Clearly crossed the pylons in possession. Hubbard also got screwed on on FG kick. But, you’re right, a win is a win.

On 9/4/2021 at 6:10 PM, EastTxFinest said:

Yall don't mind them. Theyre in the recovery ward right now. They got exposed but all you'll hear is excuses lol

If the tigers make it to play WASKOM in the playoffs I want you to come back to this post after they knock y'all out for the 2nd year in a row. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 2Punks said:

From our vantage point, that was a score. Clearly crossed the pylons in possession. Hubbard also got screwed on on FG kick. But, you’re right, a win is a win.

It's probably close but it's definitely not clearly -- he goes in backwards so that doesn't help and the official is literally right there.

https://www.kxii.com/2021/09/11/gunter-28-whitesboro-6/