Week 3 Franklin @ Cameron Yoe Friday Sept 10 7:30

lionpride08

Yoe  probably will  be 0 wins and 3  in the losing column after Franklin.

Yoe needs a complete game from offensive line and  QB to have a chance.  First half mediocracy   by  Yoe  has the QB running for his life.

If Yoe puts together any  kind of offensive consistency together  it should be close.  

Cameron held Bellville to 13 second half points.  The Yoemen scored 23 in that same half.   That Bellville team is loaded.  Reese committed to Baylor and Briggs to Utah St.  are 2 of the best that have come thru Bellville.  
It was nice seeing some 2nd half adjustments against that wing T offense.   
I saw some good things from this Yoe team.  I expect a very competitive game between the two.  

1 hour ago, yoenation79 said:

Cameron held Bellville to 13 second half points.  The Yoemen scored 23 in that same half.   That Bellville team is loaded.  Reese committed to Baylor and Briggs to Utah St.  are 2 of the best that have come thru Bellville.  
It was nice seeing some 2nd half adjustments against that wing T offense.   
I saw some good things from this Yoe team.  I expect a very competitive game between the two.  

There is no question.  I have said this on multiple occasions and will say it again, Cameron will not see a team of Bellville's caliber the remainder of this season, regardless of how far they end up going.  This was an 8-point ball game, and the Yoemen nearly recovered an onside kick before the Bellville padded their lead with less than a minute to go.  That is not to knock Franklin, which could easily win 3A DII this season.  Bellville is ranked as high as 3rd in some 4A DII power polls right now, and I can see why.  The obvious problem for them is they're in the same region as Carthage.  

Even though this was another loss, I felt much better after this contest than I did with the OT loss to Lago Vista.  Cameron is going to continually improve and I believe this unit can have success defensively in this game.  On offense, it's simply going to be about execution the remainder of the year because the talent is there.  I really like what I see from the skill positions in the early going.  If Cameron can put together a full four quarters this week, it will be a good game.  

7 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

There is no question.  I have said this on multiple occasions and will say it again, Cameron will not see a team of Bellville's caliber the remainder of this season, regardless of how far they end up going.  This was an 8-point ball game, and the Yoemen nearly recovered an onside kick before the Bellville padded their lead with less than a minute to go.  That is not to knock Franklin, which could easily win 3A DII this season.  Bellville is ranked as high as 3rd in some 4A DII power polls right now, and I can see why.  The obvious problem for them is they're in the same region as Carthage.  

Even though this was another loss, I felt much better after this contest than I did with the OT loss to Lago Vista.  Cameron is going to continually improve and I believe this unit can have success defensively in this game.  On offense, it's simply going to be about execution the remainder of the year because the talent is there.  I really like what I see from the skill positions in the early going.  If Cameron can put together a full four quarters this week, it will be a good game.  

I know it dont mean anything at all but calpreps has Franklin favored over bellville in a match up.. Dont forget that Franklin beat Lorena by 7 and China springs a top ranked 4ad2 beat them by 8... I think your goin to be surprised at the talent on this team. Franklin is every bit as good as bellville imo

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I know it dont mean anything at all but calpreps has Franklin favored over bellville in a match up.. Dont forget that Franklin beat Lorena by 7 and China springs a top ranked 4ad2 beat them by 8... I think your goin to be surprised at the talent on this team. Franklin is every bit as good as bellville imo

You certainly could be right.  Like I've said, Franklin is the favorite right now to win 3A DII and this may be the best team in program history.  However, I think this can be a close game.  Maybe Franklin can give the Yoemen a back to the drawing board type of result with a 14+ point win, but I'd hope we can keep this one close.  That'll come down to the Yoe defense.  

1 minute ago, Yoe09 said:

You certainly could be right.  Like I've said, Franklin is the favorite right now to win 3A DII and this may be the best team in program history.  However, I think this can be a close game.  Maybe Franklin can give the Yoemen a back to the drawing board type of result with a 14+ point win, but I'd hope we can keep this one close.  That'll come down to the Yoe defense.  

Had covid not got in the way last year i believe i would have been a close game.... The two before came down to the wire. Got respect for the yoe program and it should be a great atmosphere on Friday.