Jump to content

Week 3: Celina(2-0) @ Argyle(2-0) Friday 7:30 Kickoff


regaleagle
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

Two differing units performing for the same result......with different defensive schemes from their respective coaching staffs.  It's difficult to assess which unit would show out against the other vs the offense they are facing.  Let's just leave it at "both teams have what appears to be a best in class defense".

Argyle wins this year even without a good defense. We have a great defense and without it, we are maybe 0 and 2 because our starting offense has yet to take the field. 
I believe our defense has scored 21 points in two games. The Dawgs turned the ball over 5 times in the first half against a very good (5A DII state runner up) team in Crosby and the defense save our Dawgs from a loss. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Argyle wins this year even without a good defense. We have a great defense and without it, we are maybe 0 and 2 because our starting offense has yet to take the field. 
I believe our defense has scored 21 points in two games. The Dawgs turned the ball over 5 times in the first half against a very good (5A DII state runner up) team in Crosby and the defense save our Dawgs from a loss. 
 

Yeah......that Crosby team is good, no joke.  Kudos to the Dawgs for that win for sure.  It's still awfully early for the offenses to come together, so I wouldn't worry too much at this juncture about Carthage or Argyle's offensive capabilities until the playoffs start.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Two differing units performing for the same result......with different defensive schemes from their respective coaching staffs.  It's difficult to assess which unit would show out against the other vs the offense they are facing.  Let's just leave it at "both teams have what appears to be a best in class defense".

The there is the Surratt factor. Give me Carthage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Argyle wins this year even without a good defense. We have a great defense and without it, we are maybe 0 and 2 because our starting offense has yet to take the field. 
I believe our defense has scored 21 points in two games. The Dawgs turned the ball over 5 times in the first half against a very good (5A DII state runner up) team in Crosby and the defense save our Dawgs from a loss. 
 

This statement alone is proof of Carthage’s dominance. Beating a school that is the state runner up 2 divisions up, despite turning the ball over 5 times in a half! Let that soak in. It’s just not normal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ConservativeCitizen said:

This statement alone is proof of Carthage’s dominance. Beating a school that is the state runner up 2 divisions up, despite turning the ball over 5 times in a half! Let that soak in. It’s just not normal. 

Argyle vs Carthage: The record shows even......(1-1) thru all of these seasons playing different opponents.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Argyle wins this year even without a good defense. We have a great defense and without it, we are maybe 0 and 2 because our starting offense has yet to take the field. 
I believe our defense has scored 21 points in two games. The Dawgs turned the ball over 5 times in the first half against a very good (5A DII state runner up) team in Crosby and the defense save our Dawgs from a loss. 
 

C&C, I usually like you alright, but man, you’re very obnoxious on this thread. Go start a Carthage defense thread and listen to yourself talk, man. Everyone on this board knows your opinion on the Dawgs defense, and on the Dawgs in general. You don’t need to chime in every single time someone has another opinion that has nothing to do with the Dawgs. And this may blow your mind, but your opinion may not be right.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

C&C, I usually like you alright, but man, you’re very obnoxious on this thread. Go start a Carthage defense thread and listen to yourself talk, man. Everyone on this board knows your opinion on the Dawgs defense, and on the Dawgs in general. You don’t need to chime in every single time someone has another opinion that has nothing to do with the Dawgs. And this may blow your mind, but your opinion may not be right.

My apologies 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Causing dissension or ill feelings among the posters does not reflect in a positive way.......at least that's what time and wisdom has taught me.  I try to keep an open mind and be as gracious as possible when discussing any of the teams, players, and coaches  while still giving opinion, information, and entertaining dialogue.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Causing dissension or ill feelings among the posters does not reflect in a positive way.......at least that's what time and wisdom has taught me.  I try to keep an open mind and be as gracious as possible when discussing any of the teams, players, and coaches  while still giving opinion, information, and entertaining dialogue.

This is a fair assessment. Argyle is a top tier program. Something every alumni, former or current player, parents, etc etc should be proud of. We have a special kind of love for our Bulldogs. In a way, they represent more than just the town of Carthage. They represent East Texas. Rural vs city, one could say. Good day sir. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ConservativeCitizen said:

Why would you apologize? Your were speaking facts. It absolutely kills metroplex people that the best program resides deep in the woods of Panola county. It blows their conceited minds. 

Lol the geography does not blow my mind at all. I couldn’t care less where Carthage is geographically located, and especially that it’s not in the DFW metroplex. That program’s accomplishments is what blows my mind, and the time with which they’ve done it. That’s what blows my mind. And Surratt’s coaching ability. And the athletes that Carthage has. Those things blow my mind. Not geography. Come on, man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wish I had the confidence that C&C and a few other of my fellow Carthage posters have at this point. 
 

I absolutely have 100% faith in the defense. And I know the offense has been missing a few would be starters each week, but even so I think this team is the most vulnerable Carthage has been in awhile. Could the offense come into its own and be just as dominant as we are used to? Perhaps, we shall see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I wish I had the confidence that C&C and a few other of my fellow Carthage posters have at this point. 
 

I absolutely have 100% faith in the defense. And I know the offense has been missing a few would be starters each week, but even so I think this team is the most vulnerable Carthage has been in awhile. Could the offense come into its own and be just as dominant as we are used to? Perhaps, we shall see. 

Until we see the starting 11 take the field on offense, we don’t know how good the Dawgs can be. What we do know is coach Surratt and staff will have them as good as they can be. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2021 at 12:30 AM, Sportsguru02 said:

Man U say that about everyone that’s playing us you’re just a hater 

Not a hater just watch the film.Gilmer has great athletes but the bobcats are superior on the defensive and offensive lines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...