Free Americans must resist tyranny – impolitely

RETIREDFAN1

12 hours ago, PepeSilvia said:

I just think it’s funny that people feel the need to act tough by carrying when deep down they are scared out of their minds. 

You are a licensed Psychiatrist, PeePee? Please expound on that comment!

Being prepared to defend ones self is not “acting Tough”, although there are a great many officers who have Absolutely No business wearing a badge & gun for Exactly the reason you state, The vast majority of Officers put their Iives on the line every day to Serve & Protect ingrates like yourself, Folks like myself can protect ourselves & our families better now that we can carry openly, rather than cower in fear & Hope the police arrive in time to save us. 
I hope this clears this topic up for you.

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Based on your logic here, Barry, no one should study martial arts, either. If they're all as brave as you. Right?

That one rankled you, huh, since you came back for seconds? I believe it has been stated on here several times, maybe ironically, that the reason why so many don't wear masks or get the Covid vaccine, is that they aren't going to 'live in fear'. I haven't for a long, long time. I might leave a door unlocked to my house, and my keys are always in my car. I have also been horrified but not terrified enough to carry in Walmart. 

15 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

That one rankled you, huh, since you came back for seconds? I believe it has been stated on here several times, maybe ironically, that the reason why so many don't wear masks or get the Covid vaccine, is that they aren't going to 'live in fear'. I haven't for a long, long time. I might leave a door unlocked to my house, and my keys are always in my car. I have also been horrified but not terrified enough to carry in Walmart. 

Walmart typically makes me want to use a gun for a self inflicted gunshot. That place is like another planet!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Didn't really rankle me, at all. Just found it amusing, honestly.

I've said before on here that years ago I studied Tae Kwon Do. Another year and a half or so I could have probably gotten my black belt, but I wanted to play football instead, and couldn't really do both.

Did studying martial arts mean I was constantly afraid? No. It meant I was preparing myself. Did I want to use it? No. Because I knew I possessed skills that could seriously injure or kill someone. I took martial arts so I wouldn't have to use martial arts. People knew I studied it, and never really challenged me.

Rule #1 of martial arts, that any good dojo will teach you: Walk away first, if you can.
Rule #2 is basically if you have no choice but to engage, know when to stop.

Where I grew up (and live now) when I was a kid I'm quite sure people had guns. We'd sometimes leave our windows open at night if it was cool enough. Front door unlocked during the days even, sometimes. We didn't have guns.

My wife comes from a place where that's unheard of. They lock doors. They keep windows closed at night. And I don't know how many people where she grew up had guns.

• Like 1