Week Four: Longview vs Bryant, AR

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-1) vs Bryant Hornets (2-0)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Bryant in a close one
    • Bryant in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/18/2021 at 12:30 AM

11 minutes ago, JETT said:

What was their win streak?

32 in a row.

no doubt they’ll win state again this year for 4th in a row.

I fully believe that team is better than HP this season (even after their win tonight over Rockwall). Not saying we’ll win at Highlander but man. That’s one of the better teams we have played in quite a while.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

32 in a row.

I fully believe that team is better than HP this season (even after their win tonight over Rockwall). Not saying we’ll win at Highlander but man. That’s one of the better teams we have played in quite a while.

I was surprised, congrats on the win tho, I second that with rockwall and HP, rockwall had a suspect defense and it got exposed.

I was in attendance.........Outsiders point of view --- scheme wise, Bryant was really well coached on both sides of the ball..........But Bryant's offensive line lost the battle with Longview's front........And basicly across the board, Longview was a half step to a step faster than Bryant.

Longview's offensive line was not getting a great push on Bryant, just a seam here or there with good running by the QB and TB ----- that being said, on 3rd and 6 from midfield, why run a FB dive ?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I had this question typed up a few times just never hit the send button. I don’t get it either. 

it’s a 3 point game at the time so you know you’re gonna go for it on 4th....don’t see anything wrong with it.  3 and 6 you have 2 plays to get the first, while still taking off around a min or so off the clock... the 3rd and 6 around the 6 min mark the ball was inside the 25 got stopped and scored on 4 and 3 to hale. They picked up a 3 and 6 on a dive play a few plays before...why not stay on the ground. Bryant had to earn every first down . If even if you had to punt make em go 90 yards to beat you . 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

45 was all over Bryant qb in 2nd half

Congrats Lobos on a good win.

Yes, 45  he was on the QB, for sure when  he was moved to rush from the backside by switching him and #99.

I thought Bryant blocking scheme was no Match for LV speed. They was trying to block 45 by pulling the center and the left guard in the second half.

I thought Bryant QB was their weakest link, followed by their offense. QB so goes the offense.

I thought Coach King did good on calling the game. He didn’t over stretch his young players and allowed them to play up to their potential. Good win

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

32 in a row.

We were best team  they have played 🐺🐺

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

it’s a 3 point game at the time so you know you’re gonna go for it on 4th....don’t see anything wrong with it.  3 and 6 you have 2 plays to get the first, while still taking off around a min or so off the clock... the 3rd and 6 around the 6 min mark the ball was inside the 25 got stopped and scored on 4 and 3 to hale. They picked up a 3 and 6 on a dive play a few plays before...why not stay on the ground. Bryant had to earn every first down . If even if you had to punt make em go 90 yards to beat you . 

There was one right before the half where Longview punted. The drive before Hale caught that TD thrown into double coverage at the end of the half. When you got guys like Hale they are gonna make up for a lot of mistakes. Longview has some ballers. Longview fans see that and it’s normal I’m sure. But when fans of other programs watch Longview in a big game some of the stuff seems questionable. But Longview obviously gets results with it based on their record over the years.

Rewatching the 2nd half. Bryant had a good punter. Longview bringing in a new QB and fumbling the exchange on the 1st play was tough. Both teams played good D. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

The play calling continues to baffle me, but like you said, it’s something we’ve gotten use to the last 2 decades tbh. 

Winning 85% of the games, so it’s hard to question really. That’s why in the 1st post I said that “I had it typed up a few times, but didn’t hit send”. Longview beat a good team. Should’ve been by a wider margin IMO, but a win is a win. Btw, broke a teams 32 game win streak in the process of getting the dub.

• Like 4

• Mr. P locked this topic