Week Four: Longview vs Bryant, AR

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-1) vs Bryant Hornets (2-0)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Bryant in a close one
    • Bryant in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/18/2021 at 12:30 AM

From an outsider I was at the game Bryant would win on a neutral field! Lot of holding calls against them and I know they hold but Longview doesnt hold? Did yall Lobo fans see your receiver throw the Bryant defender down on the series you scored the last touchdown? Should of been 15 yard penalty changes everything. The coach went crazy from Bryant for that no call dont blame him .Good Luck to both teams!

• LOL! 2
  • Roll Eyes 1
  • Stinks 3

7 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

From an outsider I was at the game Bryant would win on a neutral field! Lot of holding calls against them and I know they hold but Longview doesnt hold? Did yall Lobo fans see your receiver throw the Bryant defender down on the series you scored the last touchdown? Should of been 15 yard penalty changes everything. The coach went crazy from Bryant for that no call dont blame him .Good Luck to both teams!

Meh, I don't buy that...  there were plenty of missed or bad calls on both sides. Always are.

Hell, on that last "TD" for Bryant there was a flagrant hold against one of our d-lineman that wasn't called and an obvious pushoff from the receiver.  Also not called. It happens. Part of the game. 

If you're making the argument that there were a series of overt, totally one-sided calls that swung the game completely in Longview's favor...  well, you've got your work cut out for you. 

Longview won. Period. Best of luck the rest of the way. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

What push off hale played the ball why db had hands in his face  rewatch no push off lol 

3 hours ago, LOL said:

I love the fact that our RB2 played like a starter. 

He ran like a RB that hasn't had much time on the bench.

Started on 9th grade team, and on JV the past two years.

Now, imagine the backfield in 2022 and 2023. There will be multiple D1 caliber guys in Taylor Tatum (who already has the offer from Washington), AJ Johnson and Kelvin Washington. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WhyUMad said:

Why U mad?😀😂

• LOL! 4

14 hours ago, WhyUMad said:

Show us your video of push offs? The only knock down was after the catch when he ran in for td lmao so wrs can't truck a DB for extra yards in Arkansas? 

17 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Show us your video of push offs? The only knock down was after the catch when he ran in for td lmao so wrs can't truck a DB for extra yards in Arkansas? 

Northeast Texas guy here that was at the game…I don’t think the poster is talking about the actual touchdown play………I remember in the 2nd half, away from the play, a Lobo WR and a Bryant DB get locked up(Lobo was blocking)……..about the time the play ended several yards away, the Lobo threw the defender to the ground……Probably 50-60% of the time a 15 yarder gets called……..It was probably around the 25-30 yard line, about 10 yards from the Bryant sideline. 

6 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Northeast Texas guy here that was at the game…I don’t think the poster is talking about the actual touchdown play………I remember in the 2nd half, away from the play, a Lobo WR and a Bryant DB get locked up(Lobo was blocking)……..about the time the play ended several yards away, the Lobo threw the defender to the ground……Probably 50-60% of the time a 15 yarder gets called……..It was probably around the 25-30 yard line, about 10 yards from the Bryant sideline. 

Bryant also tackled one our dline after a play as well so 

6 hours ago, cotton84 said:

BINGO!!

• Stinks 1

7 hours ago, WolverBean said:

Wrong play buddy! The one that your receiver was away from the play and threw the Bryant defender  down definitely  a 15 yarder and changed the game right their!  Right before the TD in the corner of the endzone on 4th down. I know yall wont admit it but thats okay i understand  homers! 

• Stinks 1

6 hours ago, WolverBean said:

The holding calls on bryant lol oline can't tackle dline to ground after getting beat off the line,legacy got called for it too the week before couldn't block our dline unless took them to ground 

Like I said i guess Longview never holds! 

• Stinks 1

6 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

refs did not impact this game regardless of a call being missed here or there for both teams...hope no one believes that

Well i think some do! U dont know football if you think a miss call here and there doesnt  impact a game Dorn!!

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

Lobos did a helluva job majority of the game, some questionable play calls at times and bad penalties but other than 1 TD drive by hornets lobos played well... the lobo fumble inside their own 10-15 that led to a hornet TD 1 or 2 plays later was a gift from LV and the 1 as time expired was another gift... great win lobos keep working 

• Mr. P locked this topic