37 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Pine Tree in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Pine Tree in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

37 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Wait are you saying they’re not credible?  80 to 78 says a underrated defensive battle. sounds legitimate 

Not saying that at all, looks like someone went and messed with the qtr by qtr score, but the game play by play is correct. I go to Max preps often for info.

Cannot wait for this game.  

Last year's game just left a sour taste in my mouth.  No loss last year got under my skin more.

Although....the WH loss was a close second.  And the Nac game if I'm honest...lmao.

8 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Cannot wait for this game.  

Last year's game just left a sour taste in my mouth.  No loss last year got under my skin more.

Although....the WH loss was a close second.  And the Nac game if I'm honest...lmao.

so what you are saying is that the entire season crawled under your skin a little bit...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

so what you are saying is that the entire season crawled under your skin a little bit...

I’d say that’s a fair assessment lmao. 
I felt like we grossly underachieved in at least 2 games.  Three TBH. All three were winnable. 

Longview and Texas High just dominated us from every angle imaginable. They were just clearly better. 

Kind of curious we took a knee instead of scoring with the possibility of tiebreaker situations. 

It’s a stretch. But not impossible to happen. 

Either way…. HUGE win!!!!!  

PT cannot be taken lightly.  They have some dudes.

I'll take a win any night.  But we definitely made this harder than we should have.

Offensive line played outstanding in the 1Q and the first play of the 2Q..... after they went up 14-0 they kind of went into a funk.... like they thought PT was going to roll over and play dead for them.

Luckily....we continued to move the ball most of the night....but just seemed to make some dumb penalties and boneheaded mistakes that kept PT in the game and kept us from putting it away.

The defense saved the day (again)..... holding them to a FG just before half was HUGE.  And the goal-line stand saved the game.

Credit to the offense in one respect for sure.......while they struggled to score after they got the lead....  they DID battle out some absolteuly HUGE first downs at the end of the game.

But we definately made it more exciting than it needed to be.

The missed FG hurt... but..in fairness...it was long.  Penalties are what backed us up in what should have been another TD drive.

but the fumble on the PT 4 yardline late in the game.was a tough pill to swallow.  A 24-10 lead with 1:22 would have iced the game.

We easily left 10 points on the field.  But PT left some too..... to be fair.

THE SERIES of the game was PT's 4 attempts to score inside the Mav 5 yard-line and failing to get in.  Mav defense 100% saved the game right there in those 4 plays.

Feels good to be (1-0) in district.  Jacksonville coming to town.  Can't overlook the Tribe.  Their offense is scoring toooo many points to take them lightly.  Didn't expect them to blow out Hallsville tonight.

Homecoming.  Lots of distractions.  Gotta take this game seriously and not be looking ahead to Texas High.

Pine Tree:
152 Yards Passing (Johnson was 12-19 for a TD and an INT)
95 Yards Rushing
247 TOTAL Yards

Marshall:
153 Yards Passing (Olvera was 11-20 and a 1 TD).  Not bad for only his 2nd Varsity start)
162 Yards Rushing (JQ Davis had 23 carries for 153 yards)
315 TOTAL Yards

Saw a poster on another board  eye-rolling the fact that both the PT and Mav QB's were getting their plays from the sideline before going back into the huddle.....

I'm GUESSING it's because.... PT is using a sophomore QB...... and tonight was only the Marshall QB's second varsity start of his career.

Not everyone is lucky to have the QB you currently have. 🙄

46 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Saw a poster on another board  eye-rolling the fact that both the PT and Mav QB's were getting their plays from the sideline before going back into the huddle.....

I'm GUESSING it's because.... PT is using a sophomore QB...... and tonight was only the Marshall QB's second varsity start of his career.

Not everyone is lucky to have the QB you currently have. 🙄

Complaining about QBs going to the sidelines for plays is overrated.

I can name a bunch of highly successful programs who operate like that, Katy included.