Week 4 Daingerfield @ Elysian Fields

EastTxFinest

EF only up 7 points on Joaquin with 1:00 remaining in game. Joe gambling on blitz to try and create a turnover and Goodnight scores from 40yds.... Joe depleted with injuries hung with EF.... Surely Dangerfield is more potent than Joaquin... So I’ll say Tigers by 3 scores.....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

EF only up 7 points on Joaquin with 1:00 remaining in game. Joe gambling on blitz to try and create a turnover and Goodnight scores from 40yds.... Joe depleted with injuries hung with EF.... Surely Dangerfield is more potent than Joaquin... So I’ll say Tigers by 3 scores.....

😳😳

1 hour ago, GreaseLightning said:

You so full of it Joaquin hardly had any yards in the game it was never in doubt at all ! 

41 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

Yeah you right, 8-0 at half and 22-14 with 1:00 to go in game......It wasn't close at all

Just keep paying attention to the season we will see which team is better.  If we played Joaquin 10 times yal lose by double digits every time prob 21 or more in 7 of those games. 

13 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Just keep paying attention to the season we will see which team is better.  If we played Joaquin 10 times yal lose by double digits every time prob 21 or more in 7 of those games. 

Better quit worrying bout little ole 2A Joaquin cuz you got a monster coming your way that just took a very good Tatum team down to the wire.....And I've seen them dirty birds this year and EF doesn't measure up to that kind of quality. The more I type the more I start to think Dangerfield in a route

7 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

Better quit worrying bout little ole 2A Joaquin cuz you got a monster coming your way that just took a very good Tatum team down to the wire.....And I've seen them dirty birds this year and EF doesn't measure up to that kind of quality. The more I type the more I start to think Dangerfield in a route

In all fairness to Tatum, their coach took the foot off the gas. You cannot do that with a team like Daingerfield. If your up 35-0, you still play like it’s 0-0. They’re too explosive. 6:30 to go in Sabine game and it’s 32-30. Ended up being a blowout. 

10 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

So does EF get the benefit of the doubt of starting a first time QB and missing their head coach against Joaquin like Joaquin gets to use missing multiple starters reason? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

I dunno that I'd say they took us to the wire. I'd definitely say our coach learnt himself a valuable lesson about Daingerfield. We were up 35-6 on them with 6 minutes left. Coach tried to treat them like they were a New Diana and went into clock mode, then proceeded to put 2s on the field. Nope, not that kinda opponent......22 points and 5 mins later, Holman was is "WTH" mode. That whole dive, dive, dive, punt mode against DF is a no no when they have those kinda weapons. 

Moral of the story.....don't take your foot off the gas and go into limp mode with a team that has just as many weapons as you. And more importantly, if Daingerfield is healthy......you boys down in D2 gots a problem on your hands. 

And yes, DF could walk away with this game. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ConservativeCitizen said:

In all fairness to Tatum, their coach took the foot off the gas. You cannot do that with a team like Daingerfield. If your up 35-0, you still play like it’s 0-0. They’re too explosive. 6:30 to go in Sabine game and it’s 32-30. Ended up being a blowout. 

DF is averaging like 25 points in the 4th qtr 🤣

12 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

DF is averaging like 25 points in the 4th qtr 🤣

Your coach almost messed up. That ballgame almost was lost, because he underestimated them. He did not respect their athleticism. I can see a coach not wanting to be a jerk, but with a team like DF, no lead is safe. Sabine was just scrappy. I had little doubt DF wouldn’t pull away in the end. They will be a tough out in 3AD2. Impossible out, if they put 4 quarters together. 

38 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I dunno that I'd say they took us to the wire. I'd definitely say our coach learnt himself a valuable lesson about Daingerfield. We were up 35-6 on them with 6 minutes left. Coach tried to treat them like they were a New Diana and went into clock mode, then proceeded to put 2s on the field. Nope, not that kinda opponent......22 points and 5 mins later, Holman was is "WTH" mode. That whole dive, dive, dive, punt mode against DF is a no no when they have those kinda weapons. 

Moral of the story.....don't take your foot off the gas and go into limp mode with a team that has just as many weapons as you. And more importantly, if Daingerfield is healthy......you boys down in D2 gots a problem on your hands. 

And yes, DF could walk away with this game. 

I’ve only seen EF against Winona but they didn’t look that impressive