Jump to content

Week 4 Daingerfield @ Elysian Fields


EastTxFinest
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, ConservativeCitizen said:

Your coach almost messed up. That ballgame almost was lost, because he underestimated them. He did not respect their athleticism. I can see a coach not wanting to be a jerk, but with a team like DF, no lead is safe. Sabine was just scrappy. I had little doubt DF wouldn’t pull away in the end. They will be a tough out in 3AD2. Impossible out, if they put 4 quarters together. 

Yeah.....DF has way too many weapons to go into cruise control. Sabine is very scrappy. They're gonna make the playoffs in our district, possibly finish 3rd....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, TigerBlue09 said:

😳 oh man Dekalb is coming of a hella game against PP , I can see it either bing a really low scoring game 

I watched some of that game.....PP really didn't look that great to me. Dekalb runs an ugly pistol diamond type of offense. QB lined up in pistol. 2 FBs barely behind him in a 3 point stance(one on each side), then a Tailback right behind them standing. Looks kinda funky. They run plays out of it just like a wing-T or slot-T. Its creative but the QB keeps the ball way too often. Their Tailback has some size. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

I watched some of that game.....PP really didn't look that great to me. Dekalb runs an ugly pistol diamond type of offense. QB lined up in pistol. 2 FBs barely behind him in a 3 point stance(one on each side), then a Tailback right behind them standing. Looks kinda funky. They run plays out of it just like a wing-T or slot-T. Its creative but the QB keeps the ball way too often. Their Tailback has some size. 

There’s only one way to stop that! Back with Irvin we where stopping all that wing-t slot-t running a 3-3-5 on defense 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TigerBlue09 said:

I’ve only seen EF against Winona but they didn’t look that impressive 

Funny.  I am not saying EF was state title contenders that game, but were up 41-0 with 8 min left in the 2nd qt and Winona started a running clock. EF had their best player not playing, sat 3 other starters with lil injuries after the 2nd possession and played backups the rest of the way from the 8 min mark in the 2nd.  Winona had negative yards at halftime, EF had 3 INT's and 3 sacks in the half.  Then I left.

 

 

I wish we could be that non impressive, every..lol

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TigerBlue09 said:

Yeah that’s what I would do option run him and Dco all night till they stop it

D'Co went 16 carries for 250yrds vs Sabine.  He can carry the load . Still gotta work with our WR's over the top and perfect our screens. Hampton is very mobile and can do a lot of things. The Tigers will be ready. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

D'Co went 16 carries for 250yrds vs Sabine.  He can carry the load . Still gotta work with our WR's over the top and perfect our screens. Hampton is very mobile and can do a lot of things. The Tigers will be ready. 

That’s an impressive ypc average. I’d like to know where that ranked in team history. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2021 at 10:01 PM, ConservativeCitizen said:

That’s an impressive ypc average. I’d like to know where that ranked in team history. 

Well CC that ypc is good, but I'm not real sure where it'll rank in Tiger history because we've had some great ones. Let's skip the 68 State Champs and jump up to 83 Tigers

1).83 Tony Evans& David Whitmore 

State Champs probably best football team in high school history. Gave up 8 points in whole season. 2 to Kilgore & 6 to Carthage.

2) 84 Danny Mitchell & Johnnie Hurndon State Finalist vs Medina Valley

4) 85-86 David Mims - State Champs vs Cuero

5) Coco Smith 2008-2009 

6) Craver class of 2020

Obviously I left out many great RB in Tiger History. To me honest those 80's RB faced top level teams when it was only one 3A. 

Still hats off,  congrats and keep up the good work to D'co keep grinding. He's a youngster so we have years to watch him get better and better.  Can't wait 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Eagle1986 said:

Funny.  I am not saying EF was state title contenders that game, but were up 41-0 with 8 min left in the 2nd qt and Winona started a running clock. EF had their best player not playing, sat 3 other starters with lil injuries after the 2nd possession and played backups the rest of the way from the 8 min mark in the 2nd.  Winona had negative yards at halftime, EF had 3 INT's and 3 sacks in the half.  Then I left.

 

 

I wish we could be that non impressive, every..lol

I was meaning as in Winona didn’t look impressive cus y’all was thumping them, so can’t really gage it but okay 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Well CC that ypc is good, but I'm not real sure where it'll rank in Tiger history because we've had some great ones. Let's skip the 68 State Champs and jump up to 83 Tigers

1).83 Tony Evans& David Whitmore 

State Champs probably best football team in high school history. Gave up 8 points in whole season. 2 to Kilgore & 6 to Carthage.

2) 84 Danny Mitchell & Johnnie Hurndon State Finalist vs Medina Valley

4) 85-86 David Mims - State Champs vs Cuero

5) Coco Smith

6) Craver class of 2020

Obviously I left out many great RB in Tiger History. To me honest those 80's RB faced top level teams when it was only one 3A. 

Still hats off,  congrats and keep up the good work to D'co keep grinding. He's a youngster so we have years to watch him get better and better.  Can't wait 

Johnnie B Hurndon top 5 IMO 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Well CC that ypc is good, but I'm not real sure where it'll rank in Tiger history because we've had some great ones. Let's skip the 68 State Champs and jump up to 83 Tigers

1).83 Tony Evans& David Whitmore 

State Champs probably best football team in high school history. Gave up 8 points in whole season. 2 to Kilgore & 6 to Carthage.

2) 84 Danny Mitchell & Johnnie Hurndon State Finalist vs Medina Valley

4) 85-86 David Mims - State Champs vs Cuero

5) Coco Smith

6) Craver class of 2020

Obviously I left out many great RB in Tiger History. To me honest those 80's RB faced top level teams when it was only one 3A. 

Still hats off,  congrats and keep up the good work to D'co keep grinding. He's a youngster so we have years to watch him get better and better.  Can't wait 

David Mims just needed the corner, all over

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...