Week 4: Kilgore @ Gladewater

HJR7

Week 4: Kilgore @ Gladewater   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got?

• Kilgore
    • Gladewater

After a pretty disappointing lost to Pine Tree, Kilgore will look to regroup. A lost last year to Gladewater should have them ready for a little revenge. Kilgore has to find a way to get the passing game going, or teams will load the box and walk safeties down (Ex: Pine Tree). Defensively,  not putting enough pressure on offense help them run it pretty well. I think the coaches will clean somethings up, and we'll be ready Friday night.

28 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Gladewater doesn’t  seem as good as years past. I would be kinda surprised if Kilgore dropped another one. 

Gladewater maybe good then what people expected, A very good Gilmer didn't hang 50 points on them so Gladewater has to be good somewhere, I know Kilgore not a better team than Gilmer.

29 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

GW needs to pick 1 QB and not play 4 of them. Poop or get off the pot. Ride Lewis' leadership or pick a sophomore to start developing lol. 

Only played 2 QBs last night. Lewis is the best of the 4 but even he had 2 turnovers. At WR Lewis is a threat and takes some coverage off of DJ. DJ is one of the 4 QBs but unless it's a Wildcat he needs to be at WR. It's hard to judge the Sophomores. If they aren't playing QB I'd sure find some spot for them on the field, maybe even Castles at TE. 

Gladewater (1-1) vs Kilgore (2-1) by the numbers 

Overall Record- Kilgore 24. Bears 13 Ties 4

First Game- 1931 Kilgore won 19-0

Last Game- 2020 Bears won 35-28

Total Overall Points- Kilgore 793 Bears 512

Most Points in a Game- 92 in 1959 Kilgore won 54-38

Fewest Points in a Game- 0 in 1949 & 1950

Largest Point Spread- 48 in 1958 Kilgore won 48-0

Closest Game not including Ties- 1 point in 1944 Kilgore won 8-7

Shutouts- Kilgore shutout Bears in 1931 19-0

1937 19-0

1939. 8-0

1941 28-0

1946  6-0

1956 41-0

1958 48-0

1970 18-0

1978 27-0

1979. 7-0

1980 14-0

Bears shutout Kilgore in 1939. 8-0

1945 12-0

Ties in Series- 1934   13-13

1947.     6-6

1949.    0-0

1950.     0-0

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KildogDad said:

It seemed like the Kilgore O was playing over it's head the first couple of weeks, but played more like I figured they would at this point with struggling to string things together but the playmakers showing us flashes of greatness. Not sure what happened with the D.

We have a solid defense but our O has struggled as well. We ran all over Center but shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly. 

7 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

After scrimmaging Kilgore and playing gladewater I think Kilgore wins by 3tds. 

If we don’t play better it may be worse. I do see some holes in Kilgores team that we can take advantage of but offensively we aren’t clicking at all right now. 

6 hours ago, KildogDad said:

It seemed like the Kilgore O was playing over it's head the first couple of weeks, but played more like I figured they would at this point with struggling to string things together but the playmakers showing us flashes of greatness. Not sure what happened with the D.

Was not playing over there head. Pine tree came in with a game plan.  To stop the outside run. Make Kilgore pass the  ball. If Kilgore would of Adjusted to what the defense was giving them they could have ran inside all night. The linebackers was crashing outside to stop the short passing and run outside. Defense was on the field all night because we could not keep a drive going. Hopefully the coaches will make adjustment. Teams not going to let Kilgore get on the edges every game and use there speed. 

15 minutes ago, KDogg32 said:

Was not playing over there head. Pine tree came in with a game plan.  To stop the outside run. Make Kilgore pass the  ball. If Kilgore would of Adjusted to what the defense was giving them they could have ran inside all night. The linebackers was crashing outside to stop the short passing and run outside. Defense was on the field all night because we could not keep a drive going. Hopefully the coaches will make adjustment. Teams not going to let Kilgore get on the edges every game and use there speed. 

They should prolly just run between the tackles every play 👀

Defensively,  Kilgore isn't making in game adjustments it's been 2 weeks in a row. Against Hallsville they scored with the middle of the field open with no adjustments. Kilgore couldn't stop the run with PT which open up the passing game.

I'm hoping that gets clean up and somewhere soon hope we can start throwing the ball successfully. 

Just now, KDogg32 said:

I am good. I just see the game for what it is.  Go look at film it don’t lie. What’s the problem over there. Sound like y’all moving the ball good. Just not getting it in the end zone. Look let me defense playing good. 

Man that Center game was WEIRD. Like twilight zone weird. We ran the ball at will and then got in the red zone and either fumbled, threw interceptions or had costly penalties. There were definitely some positives and the defense is playing good. The offense looked better with Kolin at Qb but they’ll have to find someone to get open on the opposite side of DJ because he will be doubled every play. My vote is they put Castles at TE and get him involved over the middle. With DJ pulling double coverage and having 8-9 defenders in the box to stop the run the middle has been wide open. 

Put Collin as Qb. Put the other Qb as running back and put Castle as tight end. Playing the spread offense you got to have speed in the back field.  Malachi is a pounding back not made for the spread offense. You can even put  DJ in the back field some in the spread. 

15 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Man that Center game was WEIRD. Like twilight zone weird. We ran the ball at will and then got in the red zone and either fumbled, threw interceptions or had costly penalties. There were definitely some positives and the defense is playing good. The offense looked better with Kolin at Qb but they’ll have to find someone to get open on the opposite side of DJ because he will be doubled every play. My vote is they put Castles at TE and get him involved over the middle. With DJ pulling double coverage and having 8-9 defenders in the box to stop the run the middle has been wide open. 

If Lewis does not end up as your QB1.....the season will be wasted. The sophomores are not ready. Just my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

If Lewis does not end up as your QB1.....the season will be wasted. The sophomores are not ready. Just my opinion. 

I agree. I think everyone agrees. I’m not sure on this but it looked like to me that Lewis got dinged up near the sideline and they may have pulled him out of precaution. 

35 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I think Johnny knows what he’s doing lol ain’t that what y’all were saying a couple of weeks ago lol 

He knows more about the team than anyone on here. He spends a lot more time with them than any of us. Don’t you need to get back over to the Gilmer thread and talk about beating Lindale? And then how Carthage will beat  the brakes off y'all 😂 

11 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

He knows more about the team than anyone on here. He spends a lot more time with them than any of us. Don’t you need to get back over to the Gilmer thread and talk about beating Lindale? And then how Carthage will beat  the brakes off y'all 😂 

Hey I didn’t say he didn’t but y’all are the ones saying what needs to be done lol. Well I guess we can be like y’all for once and get the breaks beat off of us just like y’all will against Kilgore and Tatum .