Week 4: Kilgore @ Gladewater

HJR7

Week 4: Kilgore @ Gladewater   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got?

• Kilgore
    • Gladewater

3 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Hey I didn’t say he didn’t but y’all are the ones saying what needs to be done lol. Well I guess we can be like y’all for once and get the breaks beat off of us just like y’all will against Kilgore and Tatum .

Actually I’m saying what my eyes are seeing and what I would like to see. At no point am I stating that it is what Johnny SHOULD do. He will do what he feels is the right thing and we will have to trust it because he is the coach and that is what he was hired to do.  I guess we will see about Kilgore and Tatum. Seems like we heard the same things last year. 

11 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Actually I’m saying what my eyes are seeing and what I would like to see. At no point am I stating that it is what Johnny SHOULD do. He will do what he feels is the right thing and we will have to trust it because he is the coach and that is what he was hired to do.  I guess we will see about Kilgore and Tatum. Seems like we heard the same things last year. 

only reason yall won those games last year was a fluke scoop and score and covid. 

16 hours ago, KDogg32 said:

Put Collin as Qb. Put the other Qb as running back and put Castle as tight end. Playing the spread offense you got to have speed in the back field.  Malachi is a pounding back not made for the spread offense. You can even put  DJ in the back field some in the spread. 

What spread are you referring to? As you know, GW runs out of I-formation 90% of the time... I agree having a home-run hitter at RB would be nice but Gordon runs hard and does his best... 

Just now, bearnation said:

What spread are you referring to? As you know, GW runs out of I-formation 90% of the time... I agree having a home-run hitter at RB would be nice but Gordon runs hard and does his best... 

don’t worry. When y’all play us he will be a home run threat. 😂

2 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

don’t worry. When y’all play us he will be a home run threat. 😂

I think Kolin playing QB gives us the home run threat from the backfield.... It seemed to me like the coaching staff saw enough (albeit not scoring much) of Kolin executing the offense successfully and when a defender's helmet hit his hip, they wanted to protect him from consistently getting hit so they brought Wilson in... Ideal world, gladewater doesnt fumble on the 2nd play of the game from Center's 1 yard line, doesnt turn the ball 3 (was it 4?) other times in the red zone and the score would of read something like 40ish-14 instead of 15-14, stuff to work on! GW dominated the game vs center in every category except the scoreboard 

4 minutes ago, bearnation said:

I think Kolin playing QB gives us the home run threat from the backfield.... It seemed to me like the coaching staff saw enough (albeit not scoring much) of Kolin executing the offense successfully and when a defender's helmet hit his hip, they wanted to protect him from consistently getting hit so they brought Wilson in... Ideal world, gladewater doesnt fumble on the 2nd play of the game from Center's 1 yard line, doesnt turn the ball 3 (was it 4?) other times in the red zone and the score would of read something like 40ish-14 instead of 15-14, stuff to work on! GW dominated the game vs center in every category except the scoreboard 

And the only one the matters in the end is the scoreboard.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Malachi was fantastic Friday night and Polly, Verner and Polanco have done a great job at FB. 

Lol, not sure where he's coming up with the spread.

3 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Malachi was fantastic Friday night and Polly, Verner and Polanco have done a great job at FB. 

Lol, not sure where he's coming up with the spread.

gordon was very good friday, I didnt mean for it sound like he wasnt, but he is def more of a bruising back than a speedster! I thought the offense made strides in the game but at the end of the day you just cant turn it over and expect to score a lot of points

22 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

What’s the old saying “a W is a W”?  I’ll be honest it was frustrating to watch because it was obvious that we had a much better team. 

Try watching your team give up 26 unanswered points after just scoring to make it 32-30 with 6:30 left and you’re in a position to get off the field on 3rd down. 

13 minutes ago, bearnation said:

gordon was very good friday, I didnt mean for it sound like he wasnt, but he is def more of a bruising back than a speedster! I thought the offense made strides in the game but at the end of the day you just cant turn it over and expect to score a lot of points

We have to stop just throwing up Hail Mary deep balls and expecting DJ to get them 😂 Break off the route or maybe cross a route. There’s a whole route tree we aren’t using.  We using one branch of the tree 😂 

17 minutes ago, bearnation said:

I knew what you meant.  My tone was more for the poster you were quoting than for you. Turnovers and penalties are always a killer.

3 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

We have to stop just throwing up Hail Mary deep balls and expecting DJ to get them 😂 Break off the route or maybe cross a route. There’s a whole route tree we aren’t using.  We using one branch of the tree 😂 

Especially when he had 4 guys on him.

I agree but give it some time, how did you think Lewis looked at QB? other than the botched snaps (understandable since he isnt used to taking snaps) I thought he looked under control and brought some "juice" to the position... To me, he's clearly the best option, just need to develop his timing with WRs (mainly DJ)

3 minutes ago, bearnation said:

I agree but give it some time, how did you think Lewis looked at QB? other than the botched snaps (understandable since he isnt used to taking snaps) I thought he looked under control and brought some "juice" to the position... To me, he's clearly the best option, just need to develop his timing with WRs (mainly DJ)

To me he is the QB. Looked calm and poised and delivered the ball for the most part. Oh my eyes he’s the best option. 

Just now, bearnation said:

Kolin is our best QB and a leader, but some more guys need to step up at WR or TE to open up DJ more. If not we will have the same situation we've always had with not being able to pass the ball because there is only one option. Bad thing about that is we don't have the depth at RB to take over games against a Kilgore or Tatum or many playoff teams. We have had that depth for many, many years. 

Just now, Golfingnut said:

Kolin is our best QB and a leader, but some more guys need to step up at WR or TE to open up DJ more. If not we will have the same situation we've always had with not being able to pass the ball because there is only one option. Bad thing about that is we don't have the depth at RB to take over games against a Kilgore or Tatum or many playoff teams. We have had that depth for many, many years. 

RB depth is an issue for sure. First time ever seen GW not have multiple tailbacks. Malachai is great. I loved watching him running over and through Center but there is no depth behind him and if he gets dinged up it will get interesting. 

Actually he has a TD they just didn’t call it one 😂 

you talking about friday vs Center? it was close, his foot did go OB at the 1 but i think the ball was already on the pylon... nonetheless they should of scored from the 1 instead of bobbling the snap/handoff