Week 4: Kilgore @ Gladewater

HJR7

Week 4: Kilgore @ Gladewater   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got?

• Kilgore
    • Gladewater

4 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Well Gladewater isn’t exactly elite. Henderson has nothing to do with the this. Stop getting into your feels.

Actually I wasn’t in mine I was getting you into yours 😂 I don’t know if you even watched film or seen either team play but I don’t see a 21 point deficit happening. I believe this is actually a winnable game for GW and that isn’t because we are elite. It think our OL will matchup well and I think our DL will be in their backfield a lot. I could be wrong but it has nothing to do with GW being elite or me being in my “feels” 😂 

On 9/13/2021 at 10:22 AM, GWBears01 said:

We have to stop just throwing up Hail Mary deep balls and expecting DJ to get them 😂 Break off the route or maybe cross a route. There’s a whole route tree we aren’t using.  We using one branch of the tree 😂 

I’d say JL better decide on a QB and start trying out some of those branches now or it won’t be there when you need it most.  Those other branches require timing and that doesn’t happen overnight.

16 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I’d say JL better decide on a QB and start trying out some of those branches now or it won’t be there when you need it most.  Those other branches require timing and that doesn’t happen overnight.

I’m going to trust that we are working on it against our defense in practice but just not showing it yet 😊

5 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

And I trust you know better.  You needed it by 9/24 and have not shown it in a game yet.  🤷‍♂️

I trust you trust that I trust the process. If after 9/24 we are still running nothing but go routes then I’ll be scratching my head. Trust me. 

4 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I trust you trust that I trust the process. If after 9/24 we are still running nothing but go routes then I’ll be scratching my head. Trust me. 

I hear you.  This conversation reminds me of a similar example that everyone always talks about.  Why does Carthage always go for it on 4th down, even when they are deep in their own territory?  Well the answer is Surratt wants his players to be used to the pressure of converting so when they really need it the 4th down play is just another play.  The same could be said about your branches.  🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I hear you.  This conversation reminds me of a similar example that everyone always talks about.  Why does Carthage always go for it on 4th down, even when they are deep in their own territory?  Well the answer is Surratt wants his players to be used to the pressure of converting so when they really need it the 4th down play is just another play.  The same could be said about your branches.  🤷‍♂️

Heck what does Surratt know ? 👀🙄🤷‍♂️

• LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Oh and I never said it was how I would do it 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Yet another team's fan who knows the Gladewater team better than Coach Louvier....!

3 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Its obvious though. Yall are averaging 14.5 ppg. Its time to make a decision and start working on that scheme. Anybody with football sense knows that. 

I know what we are averaging but I also know that we SHOULD of had at least 36ish points vs Center.... its not that the offense wasnt successful, they just didnt cash in.... is that because we played 2 QBs? Sure make that argument, but I dont think that was the issue. 

5 minutes ago, bearnation said:

I know what we are averaging but I also know that we SHOULD of had at least 36ish points vs Center.... its not that the offense wasnt successful, they just didnt cash in.... is that because we played 2 QBs? Sure make that argument, but I dont think that was the issue. 

Fair enough I suppose, gotta start cashing in.....best of luck to yall this week. See yall boys next week. 

9 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Yet another team's fan who knows the Gladewater team better than Coach Louvier....!

Don’t get your undies in a wad.  I’m speaking the truth and deep down inside you know it.  GW may come out and throw it 30 times this week and run every route in the playbook.  That would be really good if you did.  Then again you may do exactly what you have done in the early games this year.  That would be really bad if you did going into the biggest game on the Bear’s schedule next week.  Because the FB dive and QB lead up the middle ain’t gonna cut it vs Tatum.  

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Don’t get your undies in a wad.  I’m speaking the truth and deep down inside you know it.  GW may come out and throw it 30 times this week and run every route in the playbook.  That would be really good if you did.  Then again you may do exactly what you have done in the early games this year.  That would be really bad if you did going into the biggest game on the Bear’s schedule next week.  Because the FB dive and QB lead up the middle ain’t gonna cut it vs Tatum.  

Its worked the last 6 times we've played them 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Same to y'all, looking forward to it... while we are giving suggestions, may I suggest Tatum single covering DJ again? Please and thank you! 

No clue what we'll do. If Lewis is QB we'll probably double him with our best CB and S. If Johnny goes with a sophomore, we'll just load the box. But I ain't no coach....so I don't be knowing. 

25 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Same to y'all, looking forward to it... while we are giving suggestions, may I suggest Tatum single covering DJ again? Please and thank you! 

Can y’all try to block the Fite brothers one on one? Thanks in advance.