Gunter vs Pilot Point

wingtveer

2 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

GT, but maybe not a total blowout. If PP would have beat Dekalb, I’d say GT blowout. But, teams are a little more dangerous after a bad loss. 

This is a good point.  If Gunter plays like they did in 3.5 quarters of the Whitesboro game, they are liable to get beat.  Not even liable; likely. 

9 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

GT, but maybe not a total blowout. If PP would haveI ebeat Dekalb, I’d say GT blowout. But, teams are a little more dangerous after a bad loss. 

I expect players are breathing fire in Canadian though Bushland is probably pretty good.  I hope our team learned something in the Whitesboro game.  The last 3 quarters did not come near as easy as the first.  PP has great athletes and they will not be an easy out.  In a game where neither  team has time to prepare fully anything can happen, like it did with  De Kalb.  That team has been know for knocking off seemingly better teams. 

4 hours ago, blueflu said:

We have great respect for our bigger brother.

I do, PP is a great program.  I sat in the middle of their crowd maybe 11 years ago when they beat Godley in the playoffs and went on to win state against Kirbyville.   Gunter had been one of PP's victims in that playoff run.  I think we were called 2A then and only one division.

12 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

I expect players are breathing fire in Canadian though Bushland is probably pretty good.  I hope our team learned something in the Whitesboro game.  The last 3 quarters did not come near as easy as the first.  PP has great athletes and they will not be an easy out.  In a game where neither  team has time to prepare fully anything can happen, like it did with  De Kalb.  That team has been know for knocking off seemingly better teams. 

They are pretty upset. Our youth finally caught up with us. First quarter was solid, but offense sputtered for the rest of the game. We had big plays, but couldn’t steadily move the ball. It happened against Iowa Park, but not consistently. 

the coaches will het it worked out and you learn more from a loss than a win. If we can make a run starting 3 seniors, the next 2 years should be real good!

• Like 1

This game might have lost a bit of its luster after PP's loss to DeKalb. But the Bearcats still have Ish, and I'd think Coach David would have his group pretty motivated to bounce back after what most people felt like should have been an easy win last week. Sometimes a tough L like that is what teams need to spark that fire and wake them up to the reality that you've got to be ready every single Friday.

All that sounds great, but if that's the spot you're in when you're going up against an elite, championship-caliber team like Gunter, you're probably going to have a bad time.

Give me the Tigers by 3 scores.