Gilmer 3-0 @ Lindale 1-2

SHillBuckeye

26 minutes ago, GTownballer said:

Read the entire thread, other posters saying they could easily be 3-0 their 2 loses were very close!  Whats your take there  hop a long, Lindale get taken to the woodshed in their 2 loses????

Not at all sunshine, just that there’s a big difference between “should be” and “could be “ 3-0. 
Lindale could be 3-0 , but i disagree that they “should  be”. Nothing was taken from them, just poor losers. 
But hey, after tonight they’ll be 1-3 but “should be “ 4-0.😂

49-35 Final. In this game was closer than it had any right to be. Lindale scored on a scoop and score from a bad snap on a punt. They also scored because Gilmer coaches out coached them selves and gave them an extra possession at the end of the first half. They scored when Gilmer stop them but gave them a fresh set of downs with an unsportsmanlike conduct, and they scored twice on fourth down. Gilmer is talented, unbelievably talented.  But they have way too many mental lapses, like way too many mistakes, and still get way too many unsportsmanlike conduct calls him. Got to get cleaned up

Lindale’s problem tonight was the qb. He just played really bad tonight. He threw 4 interceptions which is just not him at all. He is a really good quarterback but just had a really bad night. The good news is that was a good tough non district Lindale played and should have them ready for district. Lindale finished district last season at 2-2 so I’m not too worried about the 1-3 start. Now is when the important games begin 

32 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Lindale’s problem tonight was the qb. He just played really bad tonight. He threw 4 interceptions which is just not him at all. He is a really good quarterback but just had a really bad night. The good news is that was a good tough non district Lindale played and should have them ready for district. Lindale finished district last season at 2-2 so I’m not too worried about the 1-3 start. Now is when the important games begin 

You are correct, Kilgore,Henderson,Lindale, even Chapel Hill maybe Athens all going to be tough.

10 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Could be maybe, should be not a chance. 
“The refs have Van the game”? Absolute loser talk. It is a cop out, only cowards and losers don’t own their failures. Pathetic

Pathetic??  Lindale players don’t go around saying “we could easily be 3-1 or 4-0. They’re just kids playing their butts off. They might get beat but they never quit. Now if you are referring to their kids you need woodshed therapy. If you are referring to fans, then those are just opinions suggested on a forum that have no impact on anything. 

You have to hand it to Lindale. They played hard no matter what. Capitalized off the Bux mistakes like your suppose to do. Lindale has a good team and will be fine. Gilmer shined at times and looked bad at other. Special team play by Gilmer was bad bad tonight. Penalties are starting to get out of had again. Great to be aggressive but you can't lose control of it. We needed this game being played with Lindale. Everyone of those players/coaches should have learned something about each other that will help down the road.

1 minute ago, Sbk5280 said:

You have to hand it to Lindale. They played hard no matter what. Capitalized off the Bux mistakes like your suppose to do. Lindale has a good team and will be fine. Gilmer shined at times and looked bad at other. Special team play by Gilmer was bad bad tonight. Penalties are starting to get out of had again. Great to be aggressive but you can't lose control of it. We needed this game being played with Lindale. Everyone of those players/coaches should have learned something about each other that will help down the road.

I hope so. This team right now reminds me of the 2013 Buckeyes.  That team had exceeded expectations in 2012, going all the way to state. The 2013 team had everyone back and should have gone back to state. But either because of overconfidence, lack of preparation, or whatever, they never fully clicked. That’s the way this team seems right now. I hope I’m wrong.  I hope they get humble, hungry, and disciplined. They have amazing talent. When they are running on all cylinders, they can play lights out.  Here’s hoping they can cut out the mistakes  

Man the coaches seemed out of whack and made some nine head decisions. You’re up 28-7 with a little over a min left until halftime. You get the ball to start the half and u don’t run the ball at all to force them to use time outs or to give ur punter some room. You allow Lindale to take the momentum into half then they score 21 unanswered when if u run out the half and we scored our first possession we are looking at 35-7 

6 hours ago, wingtveer said:

Pathetic??  Lindale players don’t go around saying “we could easily be 3-1 or 4-0. They’re just kids playing their butts off. They might get beat but they never quit. Now if you are referring to their kids you need woodshed therapy. If you are referring to fans, then those are just opinions suggested on a forum that have no impact on anything. 

Thanks Dad

7 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man the coaches seemed out of whack and made some nine head decisions. You’re up 28-7 with a little over a min left until halftime. You get the ball to start the half and u don’t run the ball at all to force them to use time outs or to give ur punter some room. You allow Lindale to take the momentum into half then they score 21 unanswered when if u run out the half and we scored our first possession we are looking at 35-7 

Agreed. Also at times on defense it seems Gilmer tries to run kids on and off the field way too late, or tries to change defenses too late.   They got burned on a busted coverage because of that. 

On the bright side, it does mean this team still has a lot of room for improvement 

Lindale played hard and left it on the field. I feel they are still finding their identity. Defense played hard and made 4 or 5 stops. Definitely a lot to learn from non district. Im happy we played a tough non district. This team will only get better from here. Its all in and dont flinch from here on out!

Good luck Gilmer on the rest of your season!

• Like 1