Ore City Rebels (1-2) at Joaquin Rams (1-2) JHS HOCO 2021

trueblue82

Rebels or Rams?   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Ore City Rebels at Joaquin Rams

• Ore City Rebels
    • Joaquin Rams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/18/2021 at 12:00 AM

7 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

He in his feels . Hates a little critiquing . . Truth hurts and some ppl can’t handle the sting of it 

You have to have feelings to be in them. I couldn’t care less about your critiquing. Wade Lawson cares less than I do. He’s way more secure in his job than you are in yours, especially if you don’t hurry up and fetch your mop bucket and clean up that jar of pickles that fat lady dropped on aisle 3. 

• LOL! 3

18 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

He in his feels . Hates a little critiquing . . Truth hurts and some ppl can’t handle the sting of it 

Just curious as to the changes or schematic adjustments you would employ to utilize all our current and past athletes....please expound. Maybe Joe will consider you for the job.....

4 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

Just curious as to the changes or schematic adjustments you would employ to utilize all our current and past athletes....please expound. Maybe Joe will consider you for the job.....

Just sayin jo got as much talent as every one else , just think a 99.9% run offense beats the players up to bad to ever Make a deep run . Don’t believe me look at every year ever . And you can’t say you don’t have the talent as every other team . Y’all had a state champion track team in the back field at one point in time . I’m just sayin any other team has a state champ track team in their back field they are usually a contender for state . Regionals at least . Joaquin was lucky to get past round two and round 3 was hammered . I’m not sayin to run the spread , but I mean they need to mix in some passing . Have a better mix . Like 30/70 . I think right now it’s bout 2/98 lol . 

Just now, Gilbert said:

Just sayin jo got as much talent as every one else , just think a 99.9% run offense beats the players up to bad to ever Make a deep run . Don’t believe me look at every year ever . And you can’t say you don’t have the talent as every other team . Y’all had a state champion track team in the back field at one point in time . I’m just sayin any other team has a state champ track team in their back field they are usually a contender for state . Regionals at least . Joaquin was lucky to get past round two and round 3 was hammered . I’m not sayin to run the spread , but I mean they need to mix in some passing . Have a better mix . Like 30/70 . I think right now it’s bout 2/98 lol . 

And if you think anything I said Is not the truth then you are part of the reason Joaquin is a mediocre team and will be until ppl quit being okay with mediocre season . Joaquin has been consistently good for a long time . They need to make that step and be great . You can’t do that by using the exact same thing that gets them the same result every year . 

2 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Wait I thought you said we couldn’t get past round one? Now we’re in round 3? How many rounds have you had tonight? Does the manager at Brookshire’s know you’re drinking on the job?

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Wait I thought you said we couldn’t get past round one? Now we’re in round 3? How many rounds have you had tonight? Does the manager at Brookshire’s know you’re drinking on the job?

You are avoiding the point I was making because you know I’m correct . Btw what round where y’all beat out in last year ?

5 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Joaquin in 19 I believe it was with a state champ track team in the back field should have at least made it to regionals .. any other team in this area with the same back field would have . Joaquin was leaps and bounds more talented then Harleton and Groveton that year but took a hard L to both 

6 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

You are avoiding the point I was making because you know I’m correct . Btw what round where y’all beat out in last year ?

Lost in the first round to Carlisle. That terrible offense scored 30+. In fact, that offense has put up big numbers in all three of the playoff losses over the past three years. But again, tell us how it’s the problem Kirk Herbstreet. 

5 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Joaquin in 19 I believe it was with a state champ track team in the back field should have at least made it to regionals .. any other team in this area with the same back field would have . Joaquin was leaps and bounds more talented then Harleton and Groveton that year but took a hard L to both 

The Harleton game we were missing our center due to a hand injury that prevented him from snapping the ball. We ran out of linemen. If you took the time to read my lengthy post you would see how that depth issue I was talking about played a role. BTW that Harleton team played in regional semifinals too and lost to San Augustine. We put up 30+ without our leading rusher against groveton. 

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Lost in the first round to Carlisle. That terrible offense scored 30+. In fact, that offense has put up big numbers in all three of the playoff losses over the past three years. But again, tell us how it’s the problem Kirk Herbstreet. 

Prolly missing a few key players due to injuries from the run heavy offense you have that game . This year I woulda for sure had the Hutchins kid at qb slinging the ball to stots. 

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

The Harleton game we were missing our center due to a hand injury that prevented him from snapping the ball. We ran out of linemen. If you took the time to read my lengthy post you would see how that depth issue I was talking about played a role. BTW that Harleton team played in regional semifinals too and lost to San Augustine. We put up 30+ without our leading rusher against groveton. 

Joaquin seems to be plagued with more injuries than any team I have ever seen 

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m going to clear the air on this BS that I keep reading from certain posters who claim to be supporters of Joaquin football. Before I do that, I will be straight up honest and add some context to the whole idea that this coaching staff can or can’t get it done. We are currently not a state championship contender. In the 97 year history of this football program, we have won a grand total of 13 playoff games. We have won 7 district championships and have had 5 ten win seasons. We have had two different coaches post 40 or more wins as our Head Football Coach. One of those was Wayne Gandy (2002-2014) who posted an overall record of 88-51. Double check me on this if you have time. It’s correct +-2 either way. The other is the guy currently running the show, Wade Lawson (2015-current), who has an overall record of 48-23. Throughout the years before Gandy arrived, we had an array of coaches with varying levels of success. The thing holding our program back from “reaching its potential” or “getting to the next level” isn’t coaching. The problem is parents. We have far too many kids who would be good high school football players sitting in the stands or walking the halls. I’m not going to pretend to know all of their reasons for not letting their sons play or for not encouraging their sons to play. Some of them may be valid. But it isn’t because of this coach, because I heard the same thing from parents about the last coach, and the coach before him, who was universally loved by the community even though he had one winning season in five years. I heard these same things from parents when I played from 1987-1990, and for three of those years we threw the ball as much as anyone in East Texas. Now I’m not saying that there are D1 athletes roaming the halls of JHS. We have a grand total of 3 D1 athletes in our school’s history. One is currently at SFA on a track scholarship. One is a preferred walk-on as a kicker at Northwestern. The third got a track/ football scholarship to Northwestern in 1986. That’s the extent of those “great athletes” that ttown mentioned. We don’t get many Jay Bussey type athletes over here. So we need a system that levels the playing field somewhat. The system we are currently running teaches discipline and teamwork, and Coach Lawson and his staff do a great job of conveying that to the kids. We’re not going to beat the Garrisons and Beckvilles of the world doing the same thing they do because then it comes down to athletes and that’s not a winning formula for us. A prime example is the 2019 playoff game vs Alto. Athletically, this was a huge mismatch, especially after our leading rusher left the game with a broken collarbone. Does anyone want to make the argument that we win that game trying to match up with their athletes? Fact is, coaching won that game. Has our staff gotten out coached before? Sure it has. Every coach does occasionally. Nick Saban occasionally loses a game because another coaching staff works their tail off, finds a couple of matchups they like and exploit it, then catch a couple of breaks when the ball bounces their way or BAMA makes a mistake. Am I comparing Wade Lawson to Nick Saban? No. I’m saying there’s been a lot of games that we’ve won because he and his staff worked overtime finding something in their opponent’s game that they could exploit. That’s why he’s won twice as many games as he’s lost. While truck drivers and welders and pipeliners and burger flippers are on the inner webs discussing why certain teams do or don’t reach their potential, he’s studying film looking for an edge. And a lot of the kids that play for him latch onto that work ethic. So no, we will likely never have a Joaquin graduate play in the NFL, and I don’t care if we do. We may never win a state championship. I honestly don’t care if we do that either. It’s my opinion that any coach that uses trophies as the measure of his success is in the wrong business. Lawson is the right coach for the job. If you don’t like him, tough. He probably isn’t going anywhere. You might as well move on down the road. There have been 15 other coaches at the other 4 Shelby County schools since he’s been running our program. Odds are, one of them will find one you like before we will. Happy trails. 

Nice post TBlue. Lawson is the right coach for this team. 

Center can definitely relate to what I put in BOLD in your post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m going to clear the air on this BS that I keep reading from certain posters who claim to be supporters of Joaquin football. Before I do that, I will be straight up honest and add some context to the whole idea that this coaching staff can or can’t get it done. We are currently not a state championship contender. In the 97 year history of this football program, we have won a grand total of 13 playoff games. We have won 7 district championships and have had 5 ten win seasons. We have had two different coaches post 40 or more wins as our Head Football Coach. One of those was Wayne Gandy (2002-2014) who posted an overall record of 88-51. Double check me on this if you have time. It’s correct +-2 either way. The other is the guy currently running the show, Wade Lawson (2015-current), who has an overall record of 48-23. Throughout the years before Gandy arrived, we had an array of coaches with varying levels of success. The thing holding our program back from “reaching its potential” or “getting to the next level” isn’t coaching. The problem is parents. We have far too many kids who would be good high school football players sitting in the stands or walking the halls. I’m not going to pretend to know all of their reasons for not letting their sons play or for not encouraging their sons to play. Some of them may be valid. But it isn’t because of this coach, because I heard the same thing from parents about the last coach, and the coach before him, who was universally loved by the community even though he had one winning season in five years. I heard these same things from parents when I played from 1987-1990, and for three of those years we threw the ball as much as anyone in East Texas. Now I’m not saying that there are D1 athletes roaming the halls of JHS. We have a grand total of 3 D1 athletes in our school’s history. One is currently at SFA on a track scholarship. One is a preferred walk-on as a kicker at Northwestern. The third got a track/ football scholarship to Northwestern in 1986. That’s the extent of those “great athletes” that ttown mentioned. We don’t get many Jay Bussey type athletes over here. So we need a system that levels the playing field somewhat. The system we are currently running teaches discipline and teamwork, and Coach Lawson and his staff do a great job of conveying that to the kids. We’re not going to beat the Garrisons and Beckvilles of the world doing the same thing they do because then it comes down to athletes and that’s not a winning formula for us. A prime example is the 2019 playoff game vs Alto. Athletically, this was a huge mismatch, especially after our leading rusher left the game with a broken collarbone. Does anyone want to make the argument that we win that game trying to match up with their athletes? Fact is, coaching won that game. Has our staff gotten out coached before? Sure it has. Every coach does occasionally. Nick Saban occasionally loses a game because another coaching staff works their tail off, finds a couple of matchups they like and exploit it, then catch a couple of breaks when the ball bounces their way or BAMA makes a mistake. Am I comparing Wade Lawson to Nick Saban? No. I’m saying there’s been a lot of games that we’ve won because he and his staff worked overtime finding something in their opponent’s game that they could exploit. That’s why he’s won twice as many games as he’s lost. While truck drivers and welders and pipeliners and burger flippers are on the inner webs discussing why certain teams do or don’t reach their potential, he’s studying film looking for an edge. And a lot of the kids that play for him latch onto that work ethic. So no, we will likely never have a Joaquin graduate play in the NFL, and I don’t care if we do. We may never win a state championship. I honestly don’t care if we do that either. It’s my opinion that any coach that uses trophies as the measure of his success is in the wrong business. Lawson is the right coach for the job. If you don’t like him, tough. He probably isn’t going anywhere. You might as well move on down the road. There have been 15 other coaches at the other 4 Shelby County schools since he’s been running our program. Odds are, one of them will find one you like before we will. Happy trails. 

Excellent post. You cook with what you have in the kitchen. Tons of programs would love to have Joaquin’s success.