Ore City Rebels (1-2) at Joaquin Rams (1-2) JHS HOCO 2021

trueblue82

Rebels or Rams?   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Ore City Rebels at Joaquin Rams

• Ore City Rebels
    • Joaquin Rams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/18/2021 at 12:00 AM

Ol’ trueblue’s thoughts: for two weeks in a row now I’m scratching my head at the lack of support a school and a community brings for its kids. Last week Groveton barely brought 50 fans to Ram Stadium. This is the same Groveton that literally packed the visitors side at Nacogdoghes High for a playoff win just two years ago. That’s the definition of a fair weather fan. Ore City brought even fewer fans than them. If you figure suiting up 20 football players, eight cheerleaders, and 40 kids in the band, that’s less than one parent per kid. At the concession stand last night, I met a lady from OC in a fedex uniform. I jokingly asked if they were still delivering. She said “No I rushed to finish my route and barely got here for halftime.” I’m guessing she has a kid in their band. They need more parents like her. As far as the game, we’ll take the W, but we looked sloppy. Way too many penalties. Our pass defense got tested for the first time, and we needed someone to actually find success against it. It’s near impossible to convince a group of kids that something needs fixing until you prove to them it’s broke. I thought our corners did a pretty good job in man coverage against their big receiver. A kid like that is going to make a certain amount of plays, and he did. Their slot receiver did a good job of finding the soft spot in our zones and made a couple of big catches. Offensively, we could literally do whatever we wanted. I think 7 different kids scored TDs for us. Good experience for those kids. All in all, a good night.