Pittsburg vs Van

BeenHereB4

9 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man how man how often doe u see teams that run it that win. Yes u might have a couple but overall those teams not winning at the higher levels 

Exactly. If you watch championship weekend it’s about 10-1 Spread to ground and pound teams. That ratio tends hold up with most of the better teams. 

3 hours ago, wingtveer said:

PG has a great passing gm from their wing-t. Seen them win some big gms with it. 

If I’m correct, Pitt runs the Slot T. IMO the Wing T is a much better offense. People say they are the same. I don’t see it. Wing T is so much more versatile. Then you have to look at what your Offensive Linemen’s attitude are. In the Slot T especially, but really both, since they are run heavy. Your OL needs to be just as mean as your DL. Run blocking is a different animal than pass blocking. 

8 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Yes!!! I’ve seen several of those type of teams get down early and struggles to play catch up, because they don’t have enough passing to keep up.

If I were a coach, the only way I’d use that type of offense is if it were small ball. Where 7 or more guys went both ways. Where my talent was low. If you can’t outrun anyone, you must try to trick them. Needless to say, that program will not be playing around Christmas. At least, not in the higher classifications. 

4 hours ago, ConservativeCitizen said:

If I’m correct, Pitt runs the Slot T. IMO the Wing T is a much better offense. People say they are the same. I don’t see it. Wing T is so much more versatile. Then you have to look at what your Offensive Linemen’s attitude are. In the Slot T especially, but really both, since they are run heavy. Your OL needs to be just as mean as your DL. Run blocking is a different animal than pass blocking. 

They both run buck , trap, belly, tackle trap, bootleg, play action throwback, etc. Slot t hits quicker by alignment. Both have aggressive linemen for pulls and kick outs. Main difference is slot t doesn’t have the wideout unless they break formation. As for your 70-30 ratio stuff, no one enters a gm with that in mind. People talk about balance. Most coaches go with what is working run or pass no matter the formation

55 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

They both run buck , trap, belly, tackle trap, bootleg, play action throwback, etc. Slot t hits quicker by alignment. Both have aggressive linemen for pulls and kick outs. Main difference is slot t doesn’t have the wideout unless they break formation. As for your 70-30 ratio stuff, no one enters a gm with that in mind. People talk about balance. Most coaches go with what is working run or pass no matter the formation

I just prefer the Wing T over the Slot T. The teams I’ve seen run the Slot have the linemen so close together, it looks like a dog pile before the ball is even snapped. I agree a coach has to cook with what’s in the kitchen. Your last statement is a given. Once a team advances in the playoffs, very rarely can they just do one or the other. The opposing team is also there for a reason, and probably has the coaching available to do adjustments in real time. 

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

I'm pretty sure Van will score more than 21 tonight......it's Week 4 and time to let it fly.

Yeah, they aint holding Van to 14. Not happening. Next 4 games are Ls then they pick up their first win against North Lamar.