2021-22 SDC College Coaching Carousel

Stoney

I do not feel sorry for SMU at all. The Ponies have a long history of shooting themselves in the foot. They had the chance to hire Coach Traylor internally and passed. Their own players tried to tell them, but their bank balances keep short circuiting their brains. 

So now they’ll have their rival, TCU poach the coach they hired, while Coach Traylor told TEXAS TECH “No Thanks” out of LOYALTY. A character trait nobody “On The Hilltop” knows anything about.

Some people have character. Some people value relationships over money. Some people do things the right way, or they don’t do them at all.  Unfortunately, SMU can’t recognize those people, even when they walk past them in their own offices every day. It takes character to recognize character. So what does that tell you about SMU? They hired a guy who took the talent he inherited, and then leverages it up to go across town to their rival? (TCU isn’t much better for the lack of character they showed with Coach Pat!)

And so now, just watch…. SMU and TCU both will let their egos make the same mistake again. They will start over with an outsider and they will both be in the same boat again by 2025. 

In the mean time, Coach Traylor is at UTSA with a 11-0 team on the verge of a conference title in just his second year. I hope both the Frogs and Ponies stay relevant long enough with other people’s recruits to see UTSA in bowl games the next few years. Who knows who will be coaching them? I know who will be coaching UTSA. And I’ll give you Frogs, Ponies and the points now. Character counts! And SMU and TCU both will reap what they’ve sown.

30 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Is Baylor a better job than Texas Tech?  

I think they are equal and it comes down to personal preference. We have seen the support you can get in Lubbock with Leach and Beard. Same support in Waco for Briles and Drew.

3 hours ago, buckeyefandom said:

So what does that tell you about SMU? They hired a guy who took the talent he inherited, and then leverages it up to go across town to their rival? (TCU isn’t much better for the lack of character they showed with Coach Pat!)

In the mean time, Coach Traylor is at UTSA with a 11-0 team on the verge of a conference title in just his second year. I hope both the Frogs and Ponies stay relevant long enough with other people’s recruits to see UTSA in bowl games the next few years. Who knows who will be coaching them? I know who will be coaching UTSA. And I’ll give you Frogs, Ponies and the points now. Character counts! And SMU and TCU both will reap what they’ve sown.

I agree with you on the SMU points for sure. However, I bet Traylor will leave in a few years. UT Sorta Almost is not a destination. He inherited a great roster, and is really coaching the guys up. It will be interesting to see where Traylor ends up here in another year or two. It was a smart move by UT Sorta Almost to extend him and add that large buy out to the contract. When one of the blue bloods snags him here in a few years, UTSA will at least make some money off of it.  

19 hours ago, Stoney said:

Is it Napier? I’m not sure who.

LSU’s wish list:

1. Jimbo.  Won’t happen but will continue to pursue.  
2. Napier.  Already in-state.

3. Mark Stoops.

4. Matt Campbell.  

**This list is getting impressively more underwhelming with each passing day.**

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Louisiana Tech announced Friday that Skip Holtz’s nine-year tenure would end after Saturday’s game at Rice.

Holtz is 64-49 at La Tech. The Bulldogs are 3-8 in 2021.

https://t.co/MEHetA6dG1 https://t.co/rixnaFmo9q

Bad move in my opinion. If Littrell gets canned, I hope we go after Holtz. 

• Sportsfanatic1 changed the title to Hawaii football program and Todd Graham
  • Mr. P changed the title to 2021-22 SDC College Coaching Carousel