2021-22 SDC College Coaching Carousel

Stoney

7 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Tucker is a very good coach. He really benefited from the portal this year. Nothing wrong with that since the NCAA has made a mochary out of it.

He probably is a very good coach...but an 18-14 career record is a pretty thin resume to make him the 4th highest paid HC in CFB. Higher paid than Jimbo...than Dabo...than Ryan Day?

10 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

He probably is a very good coach...but an 18-14 career record is a pretty thin resume to make him the 4th highest paid HC in CFB. Higher paid than Jimbo...than Dabo...than Ryan Day?

No doubt. These salaries are getting out of hand because it's so hard to find a good one IMO. But, we never know what the incentives are for someone like Saban or Dabo. In total, they may make 20 mil a year.

3 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

No doubt. These salaries are getting out of hand because it's so hard to find a good one IMO. But, we never know what the incentives are for someone like Saban. In total, he may make 20 mil a year.

Saban would be worth every penny.

• Like 1

• Sportsfanatic1 changed the title to Hawaii football program and Todd Graham
8 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I thought most schools put their assistants on renewable 1 yr deals to avoid buyouts

That may be correct. At least for regular position coaches. I think coordinators usually get buyouts. I remember there being a buyouts for a few position coaches A&M has hired over the years. Nothing like HC buyouts of course. But it very well may be the norm to just give one year deals to these guys. 

• Mr. P changed the title to 2021-22 SDC College Coaching Carousel
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 9:39 AM, Valhalla said:

Supposedly Auburn is chomping at the bit to hire Hugh Freeze...if they can actually "find cause" thru all the small town rumors.

I lived in Auburn/Opelika for 2 years and it's a tough place to be...so difficult to break thru if you aren't ALL IN about Auburn or can't show a hate for Alabama. I felt the folks were weird...I had never seen people that would wear Auburn or Alabama football jerseys to church on Sundays. I never could get in to the Alabama/Georgia sports is amazing...I was from Texas and had been around incredible sports and great athletes all my life and I definitely didn't see that revolving around that small city or state/region.

2 hours ago, PelvisPresley said:

Supposedly Auburn is chomping at the bit to hire Hugh Freeze...if they can actually "find cause" thru all the small town rumors.

I lived in Auburn/Opelika for 2 years and it's a tough place to be...so difficult to break thru if you aren't ALL IN about Auburn or can't show a hate for Alabama. I felt the folks were weird...I had never seen people that would wear Auburn or Alabama football jerseys to church on Sundays. I never could get in to the Alabama/Georgia sports is amazing...I was from Texas and had been around incredible sports and great athletes all my life and I definitely didn't see that revolving around that small city or state/region.

When is cheating on your wife illegal?  Hell, we had the president of our entire country fondling around with his interns and somehow was allowed to finish his contract.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Only when you suck at recruiting. 

honestly we don't even know if he sucks at recruiting...

it's been such a fast thing...

it's been petty...

he's not going to Kiwanis and to the FBC Wednesday Night Supper or he's not going to drink tea and watch TV at Mr & Mrs Scott's "house"...or use his middle name (so annoying around there)...

they just decided he isn't Tiger striped enough...