2021-22 SDC College Coaching Carousel

Stoney

2 hours ago, LOL said:

One thing for sure, the recruiting piece of his job would become 100 percent easier. Defensive talent would also never be an issue. He could literally hire Mike Stoops as his coordinator and still have a better defense than 3/4 of the teams in FCS. 

Next, he'd be free of OU's puritanical compliance department. More bagmen and under the table dealings. Oh sure, there'd be the occasional dust-up with the NCAA for more egregious violations, but he'd skate through it. 

Children’s Hospital fund?

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Lions70 said:

Any smoke to Deion sanders to Tcu? I believe they can do better. Depends on the assistants he could have significant potential .

Old news, but I believe it could work.  Who cares if he is an Xs and Os guy?  Mike McCarthy has pretty much just been a general overseer of his staff this year and they are doing pretty well with him just telling the Cowboys to go for it on 4th down every time.

Who has the higher ceiling? Ole Miss or Miami? The safest floor? A rebuilt Miami probably has the higher ceiling just because of the ACC and not being in the SEC West. Maybe Ole Miss has the safest floor? 8-9 wins with a knock off of Bama, Auburn, LSU or A&M a year and you should be good. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Who has the higher ceiling? Ole Miss or Miami? The safest floor? A rebuilt Miami probably has the higher ceiling just because of the ACC and not being in the SEC West. Maybe Ole Miss has the safest floor? 8-9 wins with a knock off of Bama, Auburn, LSU or A&M a year and you should be good. 

The risk is less at Miami, but the reward for winning is greater at Ole Miss. 

A rebuilt Miami would certainly prove lucrative for Kiffin, and dude wouldn't even need to leave the area code for recruiting. 

But what does he want? Is he biding time to eventually replace Saban? Is he trying to find the right launching pad back into the NFL? Is he looking for a place to put down roots and carve out his own legacy? 

If you know the answer to those questions, you know what he's going to do next. 

17 hours ago, Stoney said:

The ACC has been the most winnable conference for years...  If you have a good team, you literally have 1 hurdle most years, Clemson.  Miami, if you can get them to fully invest in football again, has the highest ceiling.  And right now, 10 wins gets you a raise and an extension if you can do it in consecutive years.

Ole Miss also has some of that same appeal, but you can't win the conference consistently.  You can literally have a National Championship caliber team and lose 3 games at Ole Miss (or any SEC school for that matter.)  

I'd go with Miami in a heartbeat if I were Kiffen.  He has appeal to recruits meaning he can rebuild that mess.  But Diaz has been looking strong here towards the end of the season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Some SMU fans are saying Dykes to TCU is happening. Not sure what to believe, but that would be interesting.

I guess it could work... I just don't see that as being a step up for TCU.  With Dykes, I feel like they would be hiring a scheme (another Xs and Os guy) and not someone that can lure in and keep some of these DFW studs.

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

I guess it could work... I just don't see that as being a step up for TCU.  With Dykes, I feel like they would be hiring a scheme (another Xs and Os guy) and not someone that can lure in and keep some of these DFW studs.

TCU has the best recruiting in the new Big 12 already. They just have to get results.

23 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I have heard this for about a week now. There are a few SMU insiders that said he was offered 4 mil a year, but TCU came with more. Hard to believe fan boards, but also I believe program support was another issue. SMU struggles to fill the stadium, and a P5 move isn't happening anytime soon. They will continue to be a good G5 school, but I don't see them making a move to the Big 12 anytime soon.

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Part of me thinks that Florida should be a hot job right now.  Florida St is average, Miami is average, and the G5 schools pose no threat in recruiting.  For a guy that knows they can win, I would heavily consider this job

Florida is probably the best job outside of of LSU that’s open. Great state for recruiting. Your only real competition in the East is Georgia. It’s not a complete tear down rebuild. 

• Sportsfanatic1 changed the title to Hawaii football program and Todd Graham
  • Mr. P changed the title to 2021-22 SDC College Coaching Carousel