Governor vetoes bill ending school mask mandate, lawmakers instantly override him and pass it

RETIREDFAN1

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

That's a local TV station reporting on what they see. How is that 'libnut' or 'communist' exactly? 

local news get their cues from the libnut propaganda machine........there is a video of several local news shows from various parts of the country reporting the same event with the exact same words........look it up......I posted it on here years ago.........

School districts now have five business days to determine their respective mask policies before the governor's statewide mandate officially ends.

I don't know if I am reading this correctly, but it looks as though the school districts will now be allowed to decide their mask policies. I would think this is the correct thing to do. Allow the local communities to decide their own fate. What is wrong with that? 

I also believe that Texas areas should be allowed to decide that also. Allow the people to decide, they usually make better choices locally than those at the state and national level. 

On the other side, this OVERRIDE is how our democracy works. If the Democrats has a 2/3 majority in each house during the Trump years, they would have overridden each and every law that they had made and he had vetoed. But liberals don't want to admit to that. Just like Blinken said yesterday. "we were given a date, but not a plan"--yet this president has overturned EVERY thing from the former administration but this one thing. There is more than one idiot in Washington DC these days. 

23 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

School districts now have five business days to determine their respective mask policies before the governor's statewide mandate officially ends.

I don't know if I am reading this correctly, but it looks as though the school districts will now be allowed to decide their mask policies. I would think this is the correct thing to do. Allow the local communities to decide their own fate. What is wrong with that? 

I also believe that Texas areas should be allowed to decide that also. Allow the people to decide, they usually make better choices locally than those at the state and national level. 

On the other side, this OVERRIDE is how our democracy works. If the Democrats has a 2/3 majority in each house during the Trump years, they would have overridden each and every law that they had made and he had vetoed. But liberals don't want to admit to that. Just like Blinken said yesterday. "we were given a date, but not a plan"--yet this president has overturned EVERY thing from the former administration but this one thing. There is more than one idiot in Washington DC these days. 

If you want local control, go one step farther and give them individual control. Your almost there! Lol

2 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

If you want local control, go one step farther and give them individual control. Your almost there! Lol

So what you are calling for is 320 million different local governments--because that is what you would have with total individual control. Most people call that anarchy. 

1 minute ago, DannyZuco said:

So what you are calling for is 320 million different local governments--because that is what you would have with total individual control. Most people call that anarchy. 

No, most people call that freedom or Liberty. You, are on the side of the big government. Not on the side of people being free to make their own decisions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

No, most people call that freedom or Liberty. You, are on the side of the big government. Not on the side of people being free to make their own decisions. 

Again, you are wrong. I want local communities to decide their fate, not a bunch of bureaucrats in Austin or Washington to do it. Everyone is free to make their own decisions--that is the part you want to run from and complain about. You DON'T have to live in that community, you DON'T have to send your kids to that school district. Those are all choices. What you seem to want is to have it YOUR way--not worry about the rest of people and what is best for the local community. When you get 320 million people thinking just like that--it becomes ANARCHY!!!!!--Maybe you should retake your civics lessons. 

3 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Again, you are wrong. I want local communities to decide their fate, not a bunch of bureaucrats in Austin or Washington to do it. Everyone is free to make their own decisions--that is the part you want to run from and complain about. You DON'T have to live in that community, you DON'T have to send your kids to that school district. Those are all choices. What you seem to want is to have it YOUR way--not worry about the rest of people and what is best for the local community. When you get 320 million people thinking just like that--it becomes ANARCHY!!!!!--Maybe you should retake your civics lessons. 

People making their own decisions for their own health is anarchy? Lmao not just no, but **** no. Not even close bud. Now you want people to comply or uproot their family and move to a place that allows freedom? How benevolent of you. The lunacy you speak is not rooted in any kind of reason. 

• Like 1

Just now, Youngcoach123 said:

People making their own decisions for their own health is anarchy? Lmao not just no, but **** no. Not even close bud. Now you want people to comply or uproot their family and move to a place that allows freedom? How benevolent of you. The lunacy you speak is not rooted in any kind of reason. 

CIVIC 101--Local Communities work with local people and their problems. Big Governments Do NOT!!!!!!

1 minute ago, trashyhound said:

Except when they choose a school that isn’t the local government ram school. They can’t be trusted to make that call

So what you are saying is that if people choose to send their students to private schools, they can't be trusted. Well that is a great confirmation for the public schools--Thank you, SMH. 

Just now, DannyZuco said:

So what you are saying is that if people choose to send their students to private schools, they can't be trusted. Well that is a great confirmation for the public schools--Thank you, SMH. 

Oh you’re welcome, you know exactly what i said and meant but i wouldn’t expect anything less from a puppet of the government school machine

1 minute ago, DannyZuco said:

Btw, maybe in a private or charter you could’ve been taught about sarcasm, it would’ve served you well on smoaky

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, trashyhound said:

Btw, maybe in a private or charter you could’ve been taught about sarcasm, it would’ve served you well on smoaky

And maybe a private or charter school could have taught you how to spell and make a coherent sentence. And since I went to a public school and can do it, that makes your point pretty mute. 

14 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

CIVIC 101--Local Communities work with local people and their problems. Big Governments Do NOT!!!!!!

Crown just posted an old video about a town passing a ordinance that was overwhelmingly not supported. They can not work with the people also. Why make a rule for the majority when you can let the people decide. Then absolutely no one is put out. Why must someone come out on the losing end. I don’t understand people who want mandates. Enough of the **** already. Let the people live how they choose. 

9 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

And maybe a private or charter school could have taught you how to spell and make a coherent sentence. And since I went to a public school and can do it, that makes your point pretty mute. 

You’re right, my public school education is showing! 
public >private. Just look at the numbers (sarcasm again Danny)

Just now, trashyhound said:

Nope. Not common sense at all. People should be free to not wear seatbelts once they are of age. 

That's just dumb and irresponsible and not a good example for anyone who has children. Seat belts save lives, and those who don't wear them and suffer injuries and don't have insurance cost us all, when their emergency care has to be provided.