Advance warning: October is gay recruitment month

RETIREDFAN1

43 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

You will be amazed how many states allow it. That would be 44, under the right circumstances. 

https://www.equalitynow.org/learn_more_child_marriage_us?locale=en#:~:text=Child marriage is currently legal,a parental or judicial waiver.

Thank you for the link. I was not aware there were no age limits applied, A child should not be married off, even with parental consent. 

19 minutes ago, CreateMyAccount said:

What grown, consenting, adults do is none of our business. I don't see anything wrong with even siblings getting married, as long as it is with consent. There should be no laws saying what you can and can't do in your bedroom when there are consenting adults.  

God's law says differently....and ALL will answer for their violations of THAT eventually......

5 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

So you hate Muslims????

Do I hate the people, no of course not, I don't hate anyone. Do I treat everyone the same, yes. Do I dislike the Islamic faith, the same as any other religion like Christianity. Religion nowadays is just a tool to control people, it alters the way people think... Karl Marx put it best when he said something along the lines of religion is the opium of the masses, it is like a drug. I don't fault anyone for believing in any religion, I don't hate any religion, I just dislike the notion of religions in general. I do especially dislike when people attempt to force their religion on others, especially through politics. I personally am only around Christians, if I am around any religion, and they do tend to push their faith hard onto others, it is frustrating.   

5 minutes ago, CreateMyAccount said:

Do I hate the people, no of course not, I don't hate anyone. Do I treat everyone the same, yes. Do I dislike the Islamic faith, the same as any other religion like Christianity. Religion nowadays is just a tool to control people, it alters the way people think... Karl Marx put it best when he said something along the lines of religion is the opium of the masses, it is like a drug. I don't fault anyone for believing in any religion, I don't hate any religion, I just dislike the notion of religions in general. I do especially dislike when people attempt to force their religion on others, especially through politics. I personally am only around Christians, if I am around any religion, and they do tend to push their faith hard onto others, it is frustrating.   

That was aimed at Larry not you....but it obviously struck a nerve.....😂😂

11 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

God's law says differently....and ALL will answer for their violations of THAT eventually......

I, among others, do not adhere to your personal religion. Some people follow beliefs that allow for more freedom as long as it does no harm to others, others interpret the meanings from their religion differently as well.    

Just now, CreateMyAccount said:

I, among others, do not adhere to your personal religion. Some people follow beliefs that allow for more freedom as long as it does no harm to others, others interpret the meanings from their religion differently as well.    

You'll find out eventually....

5 hours ago, ConservativeCitizen said:

I am glad you feel that way. The majority of the article was speaking of said group. I have both male and female family members who are in the LGTB community. I do not condone that lifestyle, but I love them just the same. What two grown adults do isn’t any of my business. I despise all pedophiles, whether it be men that prey on boys or girls. Or women that prey on boys or girls, as well. What laws are there that allow underage girls to marry adult men? 18 is legal, but it’s still unsettling to see a 18-20 year old girl with a 40-50 year old man. 

It can happen in Texas with the consent of the parents as well.  It wasn't the law in 1948, because my Daddy who was 27 married my Momma at 17 without her Momma's consent.  He father died in the Texas City Disaster.  I see nothing wrong with that, because they were married 56 years at the time of her death.  What's odd is he outlived her by 3 years.  

I think as long as both parties are consensual and in love age shouldn't matter.  I do not believe that women should be forced into marriage as some cultures practice.  

1 minute ago, DaveTV1 said:

It can happen in Texas with the consent of the parents as well.  It wasn't the law in 1948, because my Daddy who was 27 married my Momma at 17 without her Momma's consent.  He father died in the Texas City Disaster.  I see nothing wrong with that, because they were married 56 years at the time of her death.  What's odd is he outlived her by 3 years.  

I think as long as both parties are consensual and in love age shouldn't matter.  I do not believe that women should be forced into marriage as some cultures practice.  

I suppose a 35 year old man could simply “Identify” as a 17 year old & move forward... That 💩 ought to pass  in this “Bizzaro World” we live in today...🙄

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

I guess one could argue it was a different time in those days. Is 17 legal in Texas? I’m not sure tbh. There’s not much you can do when a girl reaches the legal age, no matter the age gap. I’ve got daughters. Nothing against your father and mother, like I said it was a different time, but if a 27 year old man comes knocking on my door looking for my 17 year old daughter, well there’s gonna be an issue. 

1 minute ago, ConservativeCitizen said:

I guess one could argue it was a different time in those days. Is 17 legal in Texas? I’m not sure tbh. There’s not much you can do when a girl reaches the legal age, no matter the age gap. I’ve got daughters. Nothing against your father and mother, like I said it was a different time, but if a 27 year old man comes knocking on my door looking for my 17 year old daughter, well there’s gonna be an issue. 

Listen to an old man who has been there; When she has reached that point in her life, all You are going to do if you give an ultimatum, is leave... Choose your words wisely, or wish you had. My actions cost me about a year of silence. We’re back Almost like then, but it ain’t 100%; and that was 20 years ago.

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Listen to an old man who has been there; When she has reached that point in her life, all You are going to do if you give an ultimatum, is leave... Choose your words wisely, or wish you had. My actions cost me about a year of silence. We’re back Almost like then, but it ain’t 100%; and that was 20 years ago.

There’s a difference in a 25 year old woman and a 35 year old man. There comes a point when age no longer matters. 17 is still a child in my eyes. 

4 hours ago, ConservativeCitizen said:

He had served in WW II and was finishing off his degree at SMU.  They met when he was going back home and was hitching a ride.  He rode the sidebar of my Granny's car back home when it was raining.  A strip of lightning, and they fell in love.  Not many marriages last 56 years anymore.  I thought my last would be forever, and she was 7 years older than me.  Mine only lasted 26 years.  Love is love.  I'm not going to judge robbing cradles, unless they're forced.  

4 hours ago, ConservativeCitizen said:

Well if she’s of legal age I’m not going to turn my back on her. May try and make him uncomfortable for few thanksgivings though lol

That might cost you your daughter.  I know someone personally that lost her daughter for a bit, because she married an older man.  They are no longer on speaking terms.  She laments almost weekly that she lost her daughter and two granddaughters, because her mother refused to bless her wedding to him.  

3 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

That might cost you your daughter.  I know someone personally that lost her daughter for a bit, because she married an older man.  They are no longer on speaking terms.  She laments almost weekly that she lost her daughter and two granddaughters, because her mother refused to bless her wedding to him.  

I am a bit of a softy when it comes to my girls. Like I said, if they’re of legal age, not much I could do. Legal in the eyes of the law and if he made an honest woman out of her, I’d be fine. Not gonna risk my relationship with any of children for any reason. Life is too short and I love them too much for that. 

4 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

That happened to me, but things are better now, Thank the Lord.