Week Five: Longview at West Mesquite

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (3-1) vs West Mesquite Wranglers (2-2)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • West Mesquite in a close one
    • West Mesquite in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2021 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, lobos2011 said:

Its so frustrating to be able to see the potential of the team but still have so many mistakes, turnovers, and penalties..

I know.

Team has a ton of potential. Even larger potential next year and the years following...

None the less, I'll take that 56-28 dub. 

• Like 1

Well, that was exhausting and exhilarating.  :lol:

Great job by the defense to man up and bear down. They may be young, but we got some dudes

Jarrett Lewis was a full-grown man toting the mail. Yeah, I know he's the RB2, but he's more than earned some carries going forward. 

That said...  still too sloppy and inconsistent. This team is so much better than they're playing right now. We get healthy and clean things up, we're gonna be dangerous. 

17 minutes ago, LOL said:

Well, that was exhausting and exhilarating.  :lol:

Great job by the defense to man up and bear down. They may be young, but we got some dudes

Jarrett Lewis was a full-grown man toting the mail. Yeah, I know he's the RB2, but he's more than earned some carries going forward. 

That said...  still too sloppy and inconsistent. This team is so much better than they're playing right now. We get healthy and clean things up, we're gonna be dangerous. 

Was saying after the game that I felt like I watched 3 games in 1 tonight. Exhausting is right.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LOL said:

The backfield is operating exactly as I thought it would prior to the season.

By committee, with Tatum seeing the bulk of the carries. I agree too that Lewis has earned more carries going forward....his stats are crazy the past three games. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Wow that was a clear fumble. How did they give that back to them!? 

I knew Dallas officials were a joke but that’s bad even for them. 

FYI this was an offsides on Longview. I've seen a lot of Lobo fans claiming we were screwed over on this play but yea, was definitely an offsides and the flag was thrown for it.

Now the other fumble, the one by us, was a complete joke of a call.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

FYI this was an offsides on Longview. I've seen a lot of Lobo fans claiming we were screwed over on this play but yea, was definitely an offsides and the flag was thrown for it.

Now the other fumble, the one by us, was a complete joke of a call.

Thanks. I stand corrected. 

12 hours ago, gtee2 said:

Hey @WhyUMad found another Texas team better than Bryant tonite...West Mesquite scored 28 on Lobos while best team in Arkansas only managed 14😃😀.

Lmao oh stop it you

26 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

YAWN!! And they wasnt playing  in Longview! U are one bright sister aren't you!!

If you are referring to cheating in Longview then I don’t think that’s true, not even there own local rivals have issues with cheating in Longview, we have won and lost in Longview recently with no issue of home field advantage, it was just we simply lost the game or we won it no funny business. 

59 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

If you are referring to cheating in Longview then I don’t think that’s true, not even there own local rivals have issues with cheating in Longview, we have won and lost in Longview recently with no issue of home field advantage, it was just we simply lost the game or we won it no funny business. 

Where did i say there was cheating?  Just said that Bryant got alot of holding calls and Longview  didnt have any. Going on the road you can expect that and if you played in Bryant i guarantee you that the Longview  fans would cry about the officiating! 

• Stinks 1

10 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

Where did i say there was cheating?  Just said that Bryant got alot of holding calls and Longview  didnt have any. Going on the road you can expect that and if you played in Bryant i guarantee you that the Longview  fans would cry about the officiating! 

Is that you big red?

Watching the beginning of the game it looked like Hale could’ve had a TD every play. I actually felt bad for the young man trying to cover him. If Longview can get some consistency in the passing game, it’s gonna be trouble for teams. Hale is basically uncoverable (that might not be a word!). King needs to get on the phone to Surratt and make a deal for one of the Carthage QB, haha. We will take #13 in the trade. That kid is a load! Fun to watch him run the ball. 

2 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Watching the beginning of the game it looked like Hale could’ve had a TD every play. I actually felt bad for the young man trying to cover him. If Longview can get some consistency in the passing game, it’s gonna be trouble for teams. Hale is basically uncoverable (that might not be a word!). King needs to get on the phone to Surratt and make a deal for one of the Carthage QB, haha. We will take #13 in the trade. That kid is a load! Fun to watch him run the ball. 

Same. I was griping at the other coach for making that DB cover him 1 on 1..... He's literally one of the best WRs in the nation and they were asking him to cover him alone. Setting him up to fail. 

But yeah I loved watching the FB and RB run last night. Eventually West Mesquite just got tired of trying to tackle them and that's when you saw those late long TDs. You could see some defenders just running themselves out of the play cause they wanted no part of it.