23. Pilot Point - L 59-6 to Gunter  
24. Early - W 48-13 over Merkel 
T25. Poteet - W 48-8 over New Tech  
T25. Cameron Yoe - L 28-14 to Lake Belton  
T25. Marion - W 35-31 over Hondo  
T25. Llano - W 48-18 over San Saba  
T25. Woodville - OFF
T25. Whitesboro - OFF 

09 What was your thought process in dropping the Yoemen in your poll. 
Lake Belton’s HC reported that they had over 250 kids out for football.  I believe the Yoemen had less then 100 out. 
Seeing what Bellville did to Rockdale even with a running clock in the 2nd half. The Yoemen in the 2nd half was within 1 score and an on side kick of giving the Brahmas a scare.   The Yoemen has had maybe one of the toughest predistrict schedule in 3a.  Their opponents are 15-1. 

43 minutes ago, blueflu said:

I love the work you put into it.  But, Gunter has seen Pilot Point and Whitesboro in succesive weeks.  And there is now way Pilot Point should be rated ahead of Whitesboro

You certainly could be right.  PP was highly ranked in most preseason polls.  I tend to give teams like this a bit of a chance to straighten things out in non-district games before sending them packing completely.  Whitesboro has gone from not-ranked to in the polls.  The gap has closed significantly and if the trend continues Whitesboro will probably remain in a similar position while PP may be long gone.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

09 What was your thought process in dropping the Yoemen in your poll. 
Lake Belton’s HC reported that they had over 250 kids out for football.  I believe the Yoemen had less then 100 out. 
Seeing what Bellville did to Rockdale even with a running clock in the 2nd half. The Yoemen in the 2nd half was within 1 score and an on side kick of giving the Brahmas a scare.   The Yoemen has had maybe one of the toughest predistrict schedule in 3a.  Their opponents are 15-1. 

I felt Cameron had a good chance of winning that ball game based on Lake Belton's previous results.  The Yoemen simply must be more consistent on both sides of the ball and make sure they are the more physical than their opponent.  Poteet - a team I have tied with Cameron - played Lake Belton to a one-score game the previous week.  It's still a work in progress for this coaching staff to get this team where they need to be.  

Cameron will have a few opportunities with the likes of Lorena and Academy in district play.  Academy beat Rogers by a larger margin than West did, and they just beat Lago Vista.  Those will be two marquee games.  Lorena appears to be a top tier team in the state.  Caldwell, Troy and McGregor must be easy wins.  Rockdale is always tricky, but certainly the Yoemen will be favored.  The Bellville result was pretty ugly for the Tigers.  The Brahmas are legit.  

As far as statewide rankings go, PP and Gladewater are the two highly-ranked preseason teams that are seeing significant drops right now.  My most surprising result of the week was seeing Glen Rose beat Grandview by 30.  A team like Columbus seems to be righting the ship after that ugly early loss to Lumberton.  

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

You have Early ranked too low IMHO.  I could be wrong, but we should find out more this week.  I have no ties to Early......just watching and saying.

Early has been creeping up, no question.  Jim Ned in two weeks will tell me more.  Stay within 2-3 touchdowns, and that will raise their stock with me.  

1 hour ago, Yoe09 said:

I felt Cameron had a good chance of winning that ball game based on Lake Belton's previous results.  The Yoemen simply must be more consistent on both sides of the ball and make sure they are the more physical than their opponent.  Poteet - a team I have tied with Cameron - played Lake Belton to a one-score game the previous week.  It's still a work in progress for this coaching staff to get this team where they need to be.  

Cameron will have a few opportunities with the likes of Lorena and Academy in district play.  Academy beat Rogers by a larger margin than West did, and they just beat Lago Vista.  Those will be two marquee games.  Lorena appears to be a top tier team in the state.  Caldwell, Troy and McGregor must be easy wins.  Rockdale is always tricky, but certainly the Yoemen will be favored.  The Bellville result was pretty ugly for the Tigers.  The Brahmas are legit.  

As far as statewide rankings go, PP and Gladewater are the two highly-ranked preseason teams that are seeing significant drops right now.  My most surprising result of the week was seeing Glen Rose beat Grandview by 30.  A team like Columbus seems to be righting the ship after that ugly early loss to Lumberton.  

Yoes big issues is the inconsistency in the secondary.  That could be easily solved by playing a few folks both ways.  
Offensively the QB position. 
The QB cannot get the ball down field.  All of the QB yards are after the catch.  95% of the QB passes completed were within couple yards of the line of scrimmage.   That’s not going to get it done. 

2 minutes ago, blueflu said:

Pilot point problem is they arent very good.

Its not Coach David's fault.  It goes back 20 years.  They seperated JH and HS athletics.  Noone paid any attention to JH.  The JH was like an inner city, unattached JH.  PP has had some good teams since then because of the athletes they have had.  Not because of the program.  I hope he can change that { and might be trying now }

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Cameron Yoe is 0-4 they should not be in anyone’s top 25 and Malakoff is 1-3 they should not be in top 25 either 

Strength of schedule is big. White Oak is 3-1.....Malakoff is 1-3. Is White Oak better than Malakoff? Malakoff opponents were jacked. White Oak beat New Diana, Harleton, and Ore City and lost to Spring Hill. If Malakoff plays that schedule they are 4-0 and you'd have nothing to cry about. 4-0 without being tested and not gain anything from non-district. Starting to think you might not know much about football and how to get better at it lol.

Tatum started out 0-4 once and lost in the state title game by 9. Strength of schedule.....put some respect on it. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Strength of schedule is big. White Oak is 3-1.....Malakoff is 1-3. Is White Oak better than Malakoff? Malakoff opponents were jacked. White Oak beat New Diana, Harleton, and Ore City and lost to Spring Hill. If Malakoff plays that schedule they are 4-0 and you'd have nothing to cry about. 4-0 without being tested and not gain anything from non-district. Starting to think you might not know much about football and how to get better at it lol.

Tatum started out 0-4 once and lost in the state title game by 9. Strength of schedule.....put some respect on it. 

I agree strength of schedule plays a big part but when your doing weekly rankings if you lose you must fall. If they start winning each week move them up it’s very simple. You can’t just go off strength of schedule 

3 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

True. 

malakoff district is very weak they should walk thru district 

Cameron will have a tough time making playoffs 

I'm a diehard maroon-blooded Yoemen, but I'm also a realist. I'm not seeing the commitment in this team that past teams were known for. 2014 Yoe started off 1-6, I believe, because - according to one of the team's defensive stars - they thought, as back-to-back defending state champs, all they thought all they had to do was show up. I'm really getting that same kind of vibe, that these kids don't have the work ethic.

I like to quote Coach K: "Winners love to win. CHAMPIONS HATE TO LOSE." 

Not assuming these boys are champion material, but they should be p****ed off.

Guest Tiger03lb
11 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

We ain't crying or at least I'm not. Except the Karen's in koff. 😆 When our schedule was made and released, I was like damn that's a hard schedule. Each team that was on there except Pitt was a playoff team too. People are going to ### and complain about why teams don't drop or not. I'd rather have some what of a hard schedule. Take 18' both koff and GV weren't even ranked above 15th at the end of the season. It really doesn't matter. 09's rankings are one of the better one's, imo. 

42 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

We ain't crying or at least I'm not. Except the Karen's in koff. 😆 When our schedule was made and released, I was like damn that's a hard schedule. Each team that was on there except Pitt was a playoff team too. People are going to ### and complain about why teams don't drop or not. I'd rather have some what of a hard schedule. Take 18' both koff and GV weren't even ranked above 15th at the end of the season. It really doesn't matter. 09's rankings are one of the better one's, imo. 

I know you ain't crying, that wasn't a shot at Malakoff......I was just saying just because yall are 1-3 doesn't mean yall don't deserve to be ranked high. A tougher schedule gets you ready for when it matters.

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

I know you ain't crying, that wasn't a shot at Malakoff......I was just saying just because yall are 1-3 doesn't mean yall don't deserve to be ranked high. A tougher schedule gets you ready for when it matters.

Just messing with ya. Lol. Yes it does.