GILMER AT CARTHAGE

Sportsguru02

GILMER AT CARTHAGE  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Got a silly question. Got a general admission ticket. Not sure which side but might look funny next to @CarthDawg77 @mikehoncho screaming , Carthage going to lose in a sea of red. Can’t wait to meet Cc I bet he the one in the full bull dawg costume. 

I can’t speak for Mikehoncho, but I have season tickets, and have for 15 years.

On 9/20/2021 at 2:14 PM, blackflag79 said:

For the first time ALL YEAR Coach Metzel benched a starter for unsportsmanlike conduct in the Lindale game.  That's something that should have been done in the first three games to all THREE of the players that can't play with discipline.  I don't care if we win or lose.  If a player can't play with class, he doesn't need to be on the field.  I don't have a problem if it just from being overly aggressive in the midst of a play, but flagrantly taunting after the play should not be allowed, and isn't by officials.

Yes, we "should've" beaten Lindale by a bunch more points, but we made critical mistakes at critical points in the game that kept Lindale in it longer than they should've been.  Lindale is definitely no slouch of a team, and they play the game the right way.  They are well coached for sure.

If we make those kind of mistakes in the Carthage game..., let's just say it won't be pretty.  I think if we play with focus and discipline we can give them a very good game, and may even upset them if we don't make mistakes and Carthage does.  That being said, I would be tickled pink to see the Buckeyes play a complete game with focus and discipline, win or lose.  Carthage has been better than us for a few years now.  It's time we evened things up a bit.  Whether this is the team that's going to step up and play a good game against Carthage and let the chips fall where they may is yet to be seen.

You are wrong,game before he benched 56 for the same thing,after the game the refs apologized said he didnt say anything and a flag shouldnt of been thrown

27 minutes ago, sumitstock said:

You are wrong,game before he benched 56 for the same thing,after the game the refs apologized said he didnt say anything and a flag shouldnt of been thrown

Nope.  Try again.  Wrong player for one thing, and I wouldn't single out a player's number, because that's like using a minor's name on a public forum.  I will only say that almost every unsportsmanlike penalty we've gotten, and there has been at least 1 to 3 in each game if memory serves, has been by 3 players.  They know who they are, and it needs to be nipped in the bud.  I say bench them, if it's blatant, for at least a series for first offense, at least a quarter for a second offense, a half for three, and so on.  That's called discipline.  Not to mention that a lot of starters were "benched" after the game was well in hand.  Last week's game was one of those games.  If the one you mentioned was "benched" I didn't even notice.  If the ref admitted he was wrong to throw a flag on a player and later apologized, that's an official doing the right thing.  That doesn't happen often at all, and good for him.

3 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I just hope the Dline coach don’t keep sending in this little defensive lineman in the game because they absolutely do nothing lol. I be feeling so bad for them because they get abused every time they get in the game. 

Oof. They won't hold up well against Carthage's beef on the o-line then lol

19 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I just hope the Dline coach don’t keep sending in this little defensive lineman in the game because they absolutely do nothing lol. I be feeling so bad for them because they get abused every time they get in the game. 

I would think the DL starters would stay in longer, but they will still rotate the players to keep them fresh. 

20 hours ago, powerlifter said:

not to start a word fight with you, you know nothen about  west orange stark  they will play 5A teams look at what they have done to them  DONT REPLY BACK thank you

Did you just reply to your own post to say DONT REPLY BACK? Are you arguing with yourself?

• LOL! 2

52 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

What are chances Carthage is rusty. Two weeks is long time without game reps. Only so much you can get from practice. I realize you have doomsday day defense and Saban As HC , Cc , but Gilmer is playing very well. 

Carthage had what…. 2-3 weeks off before this game last year? Wasn’t much rust then. 😬

14 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Trying to give us some hope. Drinking only covers up so much, mike.

Come to the game and sit on the home side. If Carthage wins, you get to experience sitting on the winning side for once. Lol. 

if Carthage loses you get to blend in and hear the agony of the crowd. 

it’s a win/win for you.