GILMER AT CARTHAGE

Sportsguru02

GILMER AT CARTHAGE  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, ronstopable said:

Because fans get mad at the coach when kids don’t tackle and block. 
When fans say we were out coached or they were better prepared, ect... its because they can’t say our kids are not as good as their kids. (more often than not)

Regale did you watch the game. 
would love your take on the Dawg D. 
Even I was surprised the Dawgs held Gilmer to 17 total yards and one first down in the first half. 
They were averaging 47 points a game and 500 yards per game. Blowing their opponents away. 
It was mind blowing how fast the Dawgs could  find the ball and attack. 
That Gilmer defense is no joke, they played their butts last night. 

Carthage was well prepared for us. They executed a great game plan and completely shut down our O. Our Defense did all they could to keep us in that game. If we could have put together a few drives and gave our D a little breather would have been nice though. That kick off where 10 and 17 were switching was kind of funny. Kicker was like what do I need to do boss looking to the sideline lol. 

24 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Defense? Cuz the Carthage offense still has a lot of work to do. Lol

Definitely the best defense in 4A but the offense is a work in progress. 
When district starts I truly believe we will start to see the Dawg offense come into its on and by playoff time we will see what we always see. A machine hitting on all cylinders. 
Number 15 came out of nowhere running the ball, we knew he was special at tight end after the first game catching the ball and making yards after the catch. No one had any idea what he could do running the ball. The O line has started to Gel and working together. There were holes made big enough for my old butt to run through. The QB had a difficult time holding the ball at times and bad snaps a few times but that will be fixed. 
When you have a defense like we are witnessing, the offense just needs to take care of the ball. 
By the time the playoffs start I believe we will see a special Dawg team. 
Let’s Go Dawgs🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 and hopefully 🏆
God Bless coach’s, players, and fans. 

8 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Definitely the best defense in 4A but the offense is a work in progress. 
When district starts I truly believe we will start to see the Dawg offense come into its on and by playoff time we will see what we always see. A machine hitting on all cylinders. 
Number 15 came out of nowhere running the ball, we knew he was special at tight end after the first game catching the ball and making yards after the catch. No one had any idea what he could do running the ball. The O line has started to Gel and working together. There were holes made big enough for my old butt to run through. The QB had a difficult time holding the ball at times and bad snaps a few times but that will be fixed. 
When you have a defense like we are witnessing, the offense just needs to take care of the ball. 
By the time the playoffs start I believe we will see a special Dawg team. 
Let’s Go Dawgs🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 and hopefully 🏆
God Bless coach’s, players, and fans. 

I am pretty sure a lot of people knew 15 was a good running back, since he played the position well last year on JV. 

23 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Guru let’s be honest though, Gilmer cannot slow down their offense, bleed the clock, and do Gilmer things.  You guys are not built the same way PG is.  Metzel and the OC made a poor decision to game plan that way.  Gilmer needs to go up tempo regardless of their opponent.

They aren’t who we thought they were.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Why wasn’t he running the ball in the first two games. 

You can ask Scott Surratt that when you see him to get a definite answer……My guess is Little Belichick wanted him comfortable with the offense from the tight end and slot positions first, then let him get involved running the ball….just a guess. 
Tough learning/remembering  everything in the Carthage offense for one position, much less 2 or 3. 

• Like 1

Just watched two magpies do the broadcast of the Gilmer version of the game.  Are you serious with the constant "holding" and "homecooking" claims? 

Looked to me like Carthage let them run the clock down on that scoring posession which was a 4th down hail mary while running for his life and throwing into heavy coverage.  

1 hour ago, house said:

Just watched two magpies do the broadcast of the Gilmer version of the game.  Are you serious with the constant "holding" and "homecooking" claims? 

Looked to me like Carthage let them run the clock down on that scoring posession which was a 4th down hail mary while running for his life and throwing into heavy coverage.  

Made the game unbearable to watch...

3 hours ago, house said:

Legally holding. Don’t forget that. 

On 9/25/2021 at 4:00 PM, cowboyandchrist said:

Regale did you watch the game. 
would love your take on the Dawg D. 
Even I was surprised the Dawgs held Gilmer to 17 total yards and one first down in the first half. 
They were averaging 47 points a game and 500 yards per game. Blowing their opponents away. 
It was mind blowing how fast the Dawgs could  find the ball and attack. 
That Gilmer defense is no joke, they played their butts last night. 

No, not yet.  Gimme this weekend to look up the Livestream and get back with y'all on it.....OK?  Sounds like Carthage and Argyle have about the same situation.......defense very good and offense lagging behind with new QB's to bring along as the season progresses.  Argyle has played 4 games now, and it's about time to let Robinson have a little more rein.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

No, not yet.  Gimme this weekend to look up the Livestream and get back with y'all on it.....OK?  Sounds like Carthage and Argyle have about the same situation.......defense very good and offense lagging behind with new QB's to bring along as the season progresses.  Argyle has played 4 games now, and it's about time to let Robinson have a little more rein.

I agree