GILMER AT CARTHAGE

Sportsguru02

GILMER AT CARTHAGE  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I think it’s crazy how East Texas gives us this type of matchup each yr, you just can’t beat it. I honestly don’t see them holding us to 14 points this yr either but I guess we will all see come Friday.

How's tickets for this 1? Might have to make the trip 

6 hours ago, powerlifter said:

lol lol  what makes you think your better than Gilmer ARE WO-S,tell me what you know about  Gilmer then WO-S i bet you cant your hanging onto the end  of a good run enjoy dude

Never said Carthage was better than Gilmer. Said Carthage May lose. Gilmer is loaded with athletes. Very explosive. Carthage is still trying to find their identity on offense. Hopefully the long break have them a chance to figure some things out.

As far as WOS, I think you should really worry about them getting to a game with Carthage. Their signature win right now is over a 3A-D2 team, and it wasn’t extremely dominant.  Both teams have a ways to go to get to a matchup. I know you are proud of the history down there, and you should be. Just remember, Carthage’s history is recent…really recent. Not just reliving the old days. The dude with 8 rings is still the captain of the ship and he’s just as hungry as ever.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, powerlifter said:

lol lol  what makes you think your better than Gilmer ARE WO-S,tell me what you know about  Gilmer then WO-S i bet you cant your hanging onto the end  of a good run enjoy dude

Idk what you think you have seen to make you believe that somehow the well has run dry in Carthage, but it’s far from over. But whatever helps you sleep at night, buddy. 

I promise you that in the still unlikely event that it isn’t Carthage, it will be Gilmer or someone else. It won’t be WOS. 

A 40-26 win over Newton looks worse than anything I’ve seen from Carthage this year. And that’s no offense to Newton, but an “elite” 4A Div 2 school should win by a lot more than that against a small 3A school. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2021 at 8:19 PM, metalhead10 said:

Not if they played like they have every game this season.

Should have beat Lindale by 5 or 6 touchdowns. 

Coaches are at fault.

Coaches didnt make a bad snap and then push the ball up the field, and they didnt have a personal foul that gave them a fresh set of downs. Thats a 14 point swing in the game man. Stuff like the personal fouls happens every game and that has to stop.

After watching Lindale vs Gilmer last Friday night, I have to say that Lindale struggled, but still made a game of it. Their receivers dropped at least five passes that hurt them & they couldn’t get up the gut with the ground game either. Gilmer was their own worst enemy with several unsportsmanlike calls that kept the Eagles in the contest. 
I look for Gilmer to bring their best game with blood in their eyes trying to avenge last year’s thrashing, but I say they will fall short, nonetheless; Carthage 35 Gilmer 24

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckeyebaseball21 said:

Coaches didnt make a bad snap and then push the ball up the field, and they didnt have a personal foul that gave them a fresh set of downs. Thats a 14 point swing in the game man. Stuff like the personal fouls happens every game and that has to stop.

It should of been 28-7 at halftime. It was a very bad coaching decision to try and be super aggressive with a little over a min left from ur 1 yard line. I agree with the personal fouls and stuff but we don’t put teams away when we should. It’s like our coach is so caught up with sportsmanship that we just don’t run up the score in the first half then call the dogs off like Traylor use to do.

50 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

After watching Lindale vs Gilmer last Friday night, I have to say that Lindale struggled, but still made a game of it. Their receivers dropped at least five passes that hurt them & they couldn’t get up the gut with the ground game either. Gilmer was their own worst enemy with several unsportsmanlike calls that kept the Eagles in the contest. 
I look for Gilmer to bring their best game with blood in their eyes trying to avenge last year’s thrashing, but I say they will fall short, nonetheless; Carthage 35 Gilmer 24

Alot of folks don't seem to think Dawgs can score over 30.  Offense maybe not,  we'll see.  Our D can score too though!  I'm sort of expecting one D score.  Calling Mr King & Crew!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

It should of been 28-7 at halftime. It was a very bad coaching decision to try and be super aggressive with a little over a min left from ur 1 yard line. I agree with the personal fouls and stuff but we don’t put teams away when we should. It’s like our coach is so caught up with sportsmanship that we just don’t run up the score in the first half then call the dogs off like Traylor use to do.

Traylor used to call the dogs off? That’s news to me!

20 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Alot of folks don't seem to think Dawgs can score over 30.  Offense maybe not,  we'll see.  Our D can score too though!  I'm sort of expecting one D score.  Calling Mr King & Crew!

The Dawg Offense will be ready to rock and roll. They are all finally going to be on the field and will be out to prove that they are The Dawgs. They have gone against the best defense in all of 4A for two weeks. 
The D has scored three TD’S in two games and look for that to continue. 
Going to be a great game between the two best teams in 4A DII. 

A lot can change in one year. Last December Carthage embarrassed Gilmer. I can remember the University of Houston beating Tulsa, 100-6. This was back in the mid to late 1960s. Houston was ranked in top 10 the next year and Tulsa beat them. Proves anything can happen.