***Week 5: San Augustine Wolves (1-3) @ Alto Yellowjackets (1-1) - 9/24/2021***

StingEmALTO

San Augustine @ Alto  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• San Augustine
    • Alto

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/25/2021 at 12:30 AM

The Alto Yellowjackets will host the San Augustine Wolves this week. The Mean Sting got their first win of the season 42-7 against the Winona Wildcats on Friday. San Augustine fell 62-7 to a talented West Rusk squad. The Jackets have only played one other game (a first week loss to undefeated Troup) and then had a couple weeks off because of Covid. The Wolves started the season with a win over West Sabine but have dropped the next games to Beaumont Kelly, Elkhart and then West Rusk. Both squads have new coaches this season. The Wolves are a young group and the Jackets are feeling confident after putting together a good win at home.  San Augustine won last year’s contest 48-20. Alto leads the series 19-10.

Who gets their second win of the season?

I think it’s gonna be a good game.  SA is really young and starting a sophomore QB.  Probably up to 14 players that are fr and So.  I don’t think the receivers would catch the ball if you had put tar on their gloves last week.  Looking forward to seeing my buddys from alto this week!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheWolf said:

I think it’s gonna be a good game.  SA is really young and starting a sophomore QB.  Probably up to 14 players that are fr and So.  I don’t think the receivers would catch the ball if you had put tar on their gloves last week.  Looking forward to seeing my buddys from alto this week!

Yes sir, @TheWolf! Come over and say HI. We’ll be down at the tunnel before the game.

I think it will be a battle. Young or not SA will have the athletes and they’ll play hard. I believe we are settling in and playing to our strengths. Line play is really coming along while our passing game is still a work in progress. Our QB Friday night got his first varsity start and is also a sophomore. He got the job done and will get more confident each week. I like our chances Friday, but always much respect for the San Augustine program. I know they’ll be ready to go. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

You are CORRECT. That dude is a beast. They have to get the ball in his hands. He did exactly what I knew he could do Friday night. More to come I believe.  

No doubt! Took long enough dating back to last year to get him in the regular RB rotation. I used to get so frustrated waiting on this dynamic to be added to what we already had. 

1 hour ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

No doubt! Took long enough dating back to last year to get him in the regular RB rotation. I used to get so frustrated waiting on this dynamic to be added to what we already had. 

💯 

Ready to roll now! We have a nice stable of backs who can make things happen. Looking forward to watching them grow and produce. 

9 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

💯 

Ready to roll now! We have a nice stable of backs who can make things happen. Looking forward to watching them grow and produce. 

Yes multiple backs. His cousin is nice too lol. He’s a bonus that I didn’t see coming to compliment 21 and 20. They’ve all got their attributes in certain situations. 

• Like 1