***Week 5: San Augustine Wolves (1-3) @ Alto Yellowjackets (1-1) - 9/24/2021***

StingEmALTO

San Augustine @ Alto  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• San Augustine
    • Alto

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/25/2021 at 12:30 AM

So this is my take on the game.

First half we battled but some things didn’t go our way. We had a couple of turnovers including a mishandled kickoff return where SA got the ball back right after they had scored. Our defense never gave up but when SA put #1 in at QB they were able to move the ball. It could’ve really been 27-6 going into the half but our  defense held. SA seemed to have the MO on their side and with their big athletes they seemed like they had things pretty well in control. 

Second half was a different story. Halftime adjustments were on point. Boys came out FIRED UP and with purpose. We received the ball and things began happening that I had imagined could happen.  We scored very quickly when our #9 made a heckuva run to the end zone to pull within one score (20-13). Our defense played lights out from here. We forced some turnovers and just seemed to play with a lot of emotion. MO moved over to our side and before you know it we had scored 41 unanswered points and held them to zero.

I couldn’t be more proud of a group of young men. This was one of the best comebacks by an Alto team in awhile. They showed a lot of grit and determination and they never gave up. The energy was amazing. The crowd, the cheerleaders, the band….all of it fed off our team and what they were doing on the field. To be 2-1 going into district is exciting. I feel like we are still learning who we are but the guys have really stepped up and are playing gritty, hard, Alto football. Our theme this year is “Alto Tough” and by gosh we are getting there. We are a different team from week 1 and I’m excited about the possibilities in district play. 

Next up: the district opener AT GRAPELAND. We’ll be ready. 

• Like 1