Chapel Hill vs. Athens

bandman5554

2 hours ago, LilBroKevTEN said:

CH will be ready for what Athens throws at us this Friday. Looking forward to our first district game should be good. As long as CH doesn’t overlook them and thinking about the Lindale game we should be fine. Can’t underestimate anyone in this district. 

Agree, another tough District.

DCTF has Chapel Hill ranked #4 this week in 4A-D1 ahead of other top teams like Stephenville(also 4-0), CC Miller, El Campo, Paris, La Vega, and Springtown.  IMO this is a very significant ranking even though they had them at #5 last week.  The record helps......but do you think that CH could actually beat La Vega???  What kind of defense do they have this season?  The ranking suggests they should be able to win against district foes like Kilgore, Lindale, and Henderson this season.  Not sure about the rest of the quality teams in 4A-D1, but I'd say they would have their hands full with some of the other Top 10 teams listed above.  But maybe I'm wrong and they are really special this season.  I know they have an outstanding QB......but what about their D???  I guess they get the nod statewide until they lose, Huh?  I'm not sure they  would win against Heritage or Melissa.

Greenville game - Most of the TD's against CH were from the 2nd team being in.

Livingston - D seemed to be all over the place and making the QB (Who was legit) scramble to much and make poor decisions

Hallsville - First half was pretty poor, but adjustments seemed to lock them in

Center - They made them look silly.  The 21 points to me were put on the board due to do many penalties.

Chapel Hill is getting 2 TD's a game called back due to offense holding. 
To answer your question, I think the D is legit.

88 points against them in 4 games with I would say 21 of those from 2nd team.  
I wish MaxPreps did a better job of covering the Points against, Yards against, ect....

40 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

DCTF has Chapel Hill ranked #4 this week in 4A-D1 ahead of other top teams like Stephenville(also 4-0), CC Miller, El Campo, Paris, La Vega, and Springtown.  IMO this is a very significant ranking even though they had them at #5 last week.  The record helps......but do you think that CH could actually beat La Vega???  What kind of defense do they have this season?  The ranking suggests they should be able to win against district foes like Kilgore, Lindale, and Henderson this season.  Not sure about the rest of the quality teams in 4A-D1, but I'd say they would have their hands full with some of the other Top 10 teams listed above.  But maybe I'm wrong and they are really special this season.  I know they have an outstanding QB......but what about their D???  I guess they get the nod statewide until they lose, Huh?  I'm not sure they  would win against Heritage or Melissa.

I have watched all of Ch games so far this season. I think the #5 or #4 ranking is to high. Maybe top 15. Comparing this team to the 2011 team is not even close. Defense is good, offense is really good and FAST but dont think they are top 5 team at the moment. I think we will know alot more over the next few weeks with lindale and kilgore coming up. 

36 minutes ago, bandman5554 said:

Greenville game - Most of the TD's against CH were from the 2nd team being in.

Livingston - D seemed to be all over the place and making the QB (Who was legit) scramble to much and make poor decisions

Hallsville - First half was pretty poor, but adjustments seemed to lock them in

Center - They made them look silly.  The 21 points to me were put on the board due to do many penalties.

Chapel Hill is getting 2 TD's a game called back due to offense holding. 
To answer your question, I think the D is legit.

88 points against them in 4 games with I would say 21 of those from 2nd team.  
I wish MaxPreps did a better job of covering the Points against, Yards against, ect....

It's up to each team's coaches to enter stats into MaxPreps , tackles, yards, etc. A fan can email and become a scorer for a game, but that just does in game updates. Most coaches are not worried about the stats, just W's & L's, the reason most team's pages on there do not have accurate/updated rosters or stats

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

Thats there opinion, of course Chapel Hill is good but not around a La Vega, it's obvious if anyone can look at there strength of schedule and see for yourself, it happens like a team seems really good untill they face a real challenge in non district schedule and start losein then alot of people will be curious, really can't wait till District plays out and we see where Chapel Hill stands.

1 minute ago, LindalePride2002 said:

Ch hill takes this one but i think its close

I don't think it will be close is Athens the same run heavy team, but never know, some Athens players looks like they have some speed but it's not track star like speed, they have athletics RBs thats all, they okay but nothing to compete in this district with.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LilBroKevTEN said:

CH will be ready for what Athens throws at us this Friday. Looking forward to our first district game should be good. As long as CH doesn’t overlook them and thinking about the Lindale game we should be fine. Can’t underestimate anyone in this district. 

Chapel Hill got this game by blow out.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BLACKHAWK said:

I have watched all of Ch games so far this season. I think the #5 or #4 ranking is to high. Maybe top 15. Comparing this team to the 2011 team is not even close. Defense is good, offense is really good and FAST but dont think they are top 5 team at the moment. I think we will know alot more over the next few weeks with lindale and kilgore coming up. 

Agreed.....still need to clean up a lot of those penalties IMO. Defense has improved a ton but not top 5 quality yet.  Offense has a chance to be pretty special. I actually think they are a year ahead of schedule. Most of the skill players are juniors 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jwelch77 said:

Agreed.....still need to clean up a lot of those penalties IMO. Defense has improved a ton but not top 5 quality yet.  Offense has a chance to be pretty special. I actually think they are a year ahead of schedule. Most of the skill players are juniors 

Yep. 8 starters on offense are juniors. All but 1 skill player is a junior. Also they moved up the freshman running back who will def make his mark. Already has some great runs against center. Dude is an animal running the ball. 

1 minute ago, BLACKHAWK said:

Yep. 8 starters on offense are juniors. All but 1 skill player is a junior. Also they moved up the freshman running back who will def make his mark. Already has some great runs against center. Dude is an animal running the ball. 

He's going be trouble for opposing defenses for years to come. He'll see more touches now that #6 went down 

Just now, jwelch77 said:

He's going be trouble for opposing defenses for years to come. He'll see more touches now that #6 went down 

Also don't forget the freshmen team has not lost a game yet. undefeated in 7th, 8th and now 9th grade so far. This is also after their 2 best players move to varsity!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BLACKHAWK said:

Also don't forget the freshmen team has not lost a game yet. undefeated in 7th, 8th and now 9th grade so far. This is also after their 2 best players move to varsity!

CH football looks promising for years to come. 

The ranking is awesome to see, but it’s just a number. I’m glad we are in the district we are in. Anyone coming out of here has a chance to go deep in the playoffs or state game. I wish we would’ve got a more challenging non-district. Hopefully that changes for next year because we have a very special team. Won’t be surprised if we go undefeated, but a lot of close games we will play in this district. 

I say regarding Henderson, Palestine, Lindale, and Kilgore those games can be decided by a TD or FG in my opinion. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LilBroKevTEN said:

CH football looks promising for years to come. 

The ranking is awesome to see, but it’s just a number. I’m glad we are in the district we are in. Anyone coming out of here has a chance to go deep in the playoffs or state game. I wish we would’ve got a more challenging non-district. Hopefully that changes for next year because we have a very special team. Won’t be surprised if we go undefeated, but a lot of close games we will play in this district. 

I say regarding Henderson, Palestine, Lindale, and Kilgore those games can be decided by a TD or FG in my opinion. 

I agree. CH will be good for the next few years. Those district games will be fun to watch..