Sideline to Sideline 4A Top 10 Rankings Show

Gsquared

4 hours ago, Gsquared said:

Good show, boys.

Dallas Nike FC's record is actually 3-0. But their schedule has been .... ahem ... suspect. The best team on their docket so far is Marble Falls, whom they beat last week, 23-22.

Honestly, I have no idea what to expect from this game. Haven't put in any effort to track down info or film on Nike Dallas, or anything. So, who knows. But, I agree with y'all's assessment of Celina's defense. They are good. Very, very good. I'd say in DII, they will rank behind only Carthage when all is said and done, and the Bobcats will have played a schedule that can back that up.

Keep up the good work, fellas! Appreciate what y'all do, and it sure is nice to have you guys back in full capacity this season.

You guys have it backwards........LBJ should be ranked higher than Argyle now, but not necessarily later this season.  The Argyle coaching staff is steering the ship and playing so many players  early on.......plus holding back the passing game to bring the whole offense together early for the long run.  Robinson is a "newbie" QB back there and needs the development time NOW.......even though he is a very athletic type that will show his skills as he gains more confidence and experience at the QB position.......he's pretty darn good now for only 4 games under his belt.  IMO.....LBJ is "there" now, but Argyle has more upside we haven't seen yet, plus a better coaching staff to bring the team to a higher plateau when crunch time does arrive.  Your #1 Pick for now is correct, IMO.......but nobody has seen what Argyle is fully capable of doing this season......yet!!  And don't forget the quality depth......it's literally OFF THE CHARTS!! 

7 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Good show, boys.

Dallas Nike FC's record is actually 3-0. But their schedule has been .... ahem ... suspect. The best team on their docket so far is Marble Falls, whom they beat last week, 23-22.

Honestly, I have no idea what to expect from this game. Haven't put in any effort to track down info or film on Nike Dallas, or anything. So, who knows. But, I agree with y'all's assessment of Celina's defense. They are good. Very, very good. I'd say in DII, they will rank behind only Carthage when all is said and done, and the Bobcats will have played a schedule that can back that up.

Keep up the good work, fellas! Appreciate what y'all do, and it sure is nice to have you guys back in full capacity this season.

I think the FC stands for Football Club.......just guessing.  But looks like they may have some players on their team, even though they are in their infancy.  Trying to schedule and play meaningful games to establish some success is most likely their main mission this season.......and winning as many of those as possible.  But not this week against Celina.  But I do think it will be a worthy  game for both teams.......but maybe I'm wrong.......it will be an interesting game to follow.

11 hours ago, regaleagle said:

You guys have it backwards........LBJ should be ranked higher than Argyle now, but not necessarily later this season.  The Argyle coaching staff is steering the ship and playing so many players  early on.......plus holding back the passing game to bring the whole offense together early for the long run.  Robinson is a "newbie" QB back there and needs the development time NOW.......even though he is a very athletic type that will show his skills as he gains more confidence and experience at the QB position.......he's pretty darn good now for only 4 games under his belt.  IMO.....LBJ is "there" now, but Argyle has more upside we haven't seen yet, plus a better coaching staff to bring the team to a higher plateau when crunch time does arrive.  Your #1 Pick for now is correct, IMO.......but nobody has seen what Argyle is fully capable of doing this season......yet!!  And don't forget the quality depth......it's literally OFF THE CHARTS!! 

LBJ has plenty of room for growth as well. Hoping both teams keep maturing at this rate.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:

LBJ has plenty of room for growth as well. Hoping both teams keep maturing at this rate.

Really starting to trend towards an Argyle vs LBJ title game. And that would be a doozy.

BUT ... don't sleep on Stephenville. I think the Jackets have the kind of team to square up with Argyle this year and make it a heck of a matchup. I'd pick Argyle in that one, but I think that matchup might end up happening, and it might be one of the Eagles toughest games of the year. And in my opinion, the winner of that potential playoff matchup ultimately goes to Jerry World.

On the other side of the bracket, I think the state representative comes out of Region IV. I don't see enough quality teams in Region III this year to get there. Nobody there stands out to you really. That Region could be up for grabs.

7 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Really starting to trend towards an Argyle vs LBJ title game. And that would be a doozy.

BUT ... don't sleep on Stephenville. I think the Jackets have the kind of team to square up with Argyle this year and make it a heck of a matchup. I'd pick Argyle in that one, but I think that matchup might end up happening, and it might be one of the Eagles toughest games of the year. And in my opinion, the winner of that potential playoff matchup ultimately goes to Jerry World.

On the other side of the bracket, I think the state representative comes out of Region IV. I don't see enough quality teams in Region III this year to get there. Nobody there stands out to you really. That Region could be up for grabs.

Totally agree with your assessment, d0tc0m.......I've been exhorting Stephenville's team since early on before the first game was even kicked.  And now it looks like what I felt may be the case for the Yellowjackets this season is indeed happening.  They always find a quality QB to lead that team, and they run that spread/run attack very very effectively.  They will be double trouble for everybody they play this season, for sure.  And whoever comes out of Region 4 will most probably be playing the Region 2 Champ for the title at Jerryworld.......we are in agreement there also.