Is it Covid

Ijustwatch

I have seen over the Last 2 years Covid being the reason games are not being Played. Is that the real reason or is it an excuse so the teams that don't wanna play or get beat use the term covid to get out of the game.  What are we teaching our kids? I have see all the mess with SA and Waskom and that's bull #### You scheduled the game play it. james bowie dropping Timpson thats chicken to me. I hope after this realignment we can stop using this as an excuse to drop games. Because the kids are the ones suffering not getting to play.  Who cares what your record is?

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Ijustwatch said:

I have seen over the Last 2 years Covid being the reason games are not being Played. Is that the real reason or is it an excuse so the teams that don't wanna play or get beat use the term covid to get out of the game.  What are we teaching our kids? I have see all the mess with SA and Waskom and that's bull #### You scheduled the game play it. james bowie dropping Timpson thats chicken to me. I hope after this realignment we can stop using this as an excuse to drop games. Because the kids are the ones suffering not getting to play.  Who cares what your record is?

Wow, I would hope teams wouldn't do that...usually it's an entire school that will shut down if Covid cases start to escalate, not just a football team. Hopefully, all this fear of Covid will be gone soon.

2 hours ago, Ijustwatch said:

You don't know Shawn Wells if you think he isn't playing Timpson because of the record....... Just saying.

• Like 1

Still saying that ya gotta take that beating like a man,even if all ya got is 15-20 kids...the mental strength gained by the players will help when life really gets rough later on...know ya metal 👀..one thing I learned from my time in the service, when you got me boxed in buddy,I got you surrounded,self reliance is learned not given 👈..

image.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Still saying that ya gotta take that beating like a man,even if all ya got is 15-20 kids...the mental strength gained by the players will help when life really gets rough later on...know ya metal 👀..one thing I learned from my time in the service, when you got me boxed in buddy,I got you surrounded,self reliance is learned not given 👈..

image.gif

Very well said, Chain! That’s what they taught from Marine Corps boot camp and going forward.  Went through some tough ordeals and situations… that we learn the most about ourselves and our comrades serving beside us.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

Very well said, Chain! That’s what they taught from Marine Corps boot camp and going forward.  Went through some tough ordeals and situations… that we learn the most about ourselves and our comrades serving beside us.

Yes sir,sometimes you have to pay the price to actually know the costs.I too have stood in the yellow footprints and questioned my choices in life...lol✌️

• Like 1

18 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

image.gif

I calling BS on this.  Teams that are favored by 28+ pts and get the game cancelled are just mad they can't run up the score.  And a team getting beat badly does nothing for the mental strength of anyone except the team doing the butt whooping.  

I've been on both sides where my team (not Simms at the time) would beat teams by 30+ pts for years and then in the last 5 years get the same done to them.   A lot more fun for my mental strength when my team is doing the butt whooping.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

Some of you guys are idealistic morons. If a small school, like James Bowie, loses 3-5 kids due to COVID tests that has a major impact on their team. there are no kids to move up to fill the spots. You have to start moving kids around to positions they are not suited to play. And despite what yall are saying, it does NO good to put kids in a non-competitive situation. Its one thing to have all your guys and face a team that's gonna beat you, but to subject your kids to a beat down just to make them tough is moronic. Even the Marines retreat when the the situation is hopeless!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2
  • Stinks 1

21 minutes ago, BHCowbird said:

Some of you guys are idealistic morons. If a small school, like James Bowie, loses 3-5 kids due to COVID tests that has a major impact on their team. there are no kids to move up to fill the spots. You have to start moving kids around to positions they are not suited to play. And despite what yall are saying, it does NO good to put kids in a non-competitive situation. Its one thing to have all your guys and face a team that's gonna beat you, but to subject your kids to a beat down just to make them tough is moronic. Even the Marines retreat when the the situation is hopeless!

But at least they showed up to fight,don't just mail it in.hey I get it tho, we can't win so let's don't go 🤷‍♂️..good thing George Washington didn't have that mindset 👀

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

But at least they showed up to fight,don't just mail it in.hey I get it tho, we can't win so let's don't go 🤷‍♂️..good thing George Washington didn't have that mindset 👀

Right now they are trying to cancel old George out and replace him and all our founding fathers with Karens and the cancel culture

• Thumbs Down 1

26 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

It is more If we play and have a couple of injuries our whole season is in doubt or we can not play a non district game, get the kids back who are missing from COVID and get ready for district. 

Selective hearing. You are picking the games that stand out to you. Plenty of winnable games have been cancelled the past two years too. Not to mention pre covid games could be cancelled to a staph outbreak or flu. BUT let's not miss a chance to connect covid a cowering to fit an agenda. Hope you're man enough to call one of these coaches chicken #### to their face. 

2 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

Selective hearing. You are picking the games that stand out to you. Plenty of winnable games have been cancelled the past two years too. Not to mention pre covid games could be cancelled to a staph outbreak or flu. BUT let's not miss a chance to connect covid a cowering to fit an agenda. Hope you're man enough to call one of these coaches chicken #### to their face. 

It may not be the coaches and probably isn’t in most cases but it is the Administration that needs to man up!!  

3 minutes ago, coachc45 said:

Comparing football to the Marines is ridiculous.  This Covid stuff is serious, and if you do not think so then there is no talking to you.

I disagree sir, Football and the marines should go hand in hand!  Same mentality and brotherhood!!  If you don’t see that then theres no sense talking to you!  :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, BHCowbird said:

Some are also assuming that the Simms coach or administration canceled the game because it would be too tough.  Simms has been beat by a lot in the past few years but they still played.  

All I'm doing is pointing out the hypocrisy of fans who want to see their teams run up the score even when key players on the opponents side are out sick.  If you have Covid the school will make you stay home.  Personally I think the covid is a bunch of nonsense and no worse than the flu but that's beside the point.  

12 minutes ago, BlackBeard said:

Some are also a$$uming that the Simms coach or administration canceled the game because it would be too tough.  Simms has been beat by a lot in the past few years but they still played.  

All I'm doing is pointing out the hypocrisy of fans who want to see their teams run up the score even when key players on the opponents side are out sick.  If you have Covid the school will make you stay home.  Personally I think the covid is a bunch of nonsense and no worse than the flu but that's beside the point.  

How many athletes on the Simms team are covid positive and also how many are on the team total?  Do they have enough to field a team?  It’s not about running up a score!! It’s about playing the game!!

To be fair, I would be willing to bet you there are some kids from Simms that are not happy either at this moment.

just a side note....West Hardin was down last year and they played the game and I think it’s safe to say the young men bettered themselves because of it.