Longview Lobos (4-1) vs Wylie East Raiders  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Wylie East in a close one
    • Wylie East in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2021 at 12:30 AM

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

lol.

Anything JV/Freshmen wise is good in my book. Better than nothing at all for sure!!

I recently discovered some Tyler Lee parent filmed JV games from 03 when I was on JV. Was AWESOME to go back and watch them even though in one of them we lost because we were without Carlin (called up to Varsity), our RB had to move to QB (Jarvis Pippens), and then our backup RB was hurt so we were on our 3rd string. 

I was in some AWESOME sub Varsity games throughout the years. Freshman year we beat Lufkin 19-14 out by the factory to win the district title. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

This is a bye week go ahead and get ready for HP

Far from a bye week friend...these Lobos have lots to work on.  I hope WE throws the kitchen sink at us...stack 8 in the box and pull a safety over on Hale...makes us beat you another way...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kingwolf said:

Far from a bye week friend...these Lobos have lots to work on.  I hope WE throws the kitchen sink at us...stack 8 in the box and pull a safety over on Hale...makes us beat you another way...

Man y’all can act like it is but we all know this will be over by halftime. 

1 hour ago, kingwolf said:

Yes, this!

I want to see tight execution from the o-line. Minimal penalties. Zero turnovers. Strong forward surge. QB play has to be smart and instinctive. WRs not bobbling catches, but securing the ball and moving upfield.  

D-line is gonna get held all night, so I want them powering through and disrupting the play for the LBs to make tackles before the line of scrimmage. Secondary needs to find the ball once it's in the air. 

Regardless of the perceived weakness of the opponent, this is still 5A football and this is district. No bull#### half-stepping!

Go out there and #### their #### until #### and #### the #### of a #### ### ##### ## !!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Whether our game against Wylie East is over by halftime, our biggest enemy going forward is definitely ourselves. 

Too many false starts, fumbles, and other mistakes. We HAVE to play more disciplined, and a game like this is perfect to work on these things, opponent be damned. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I honestly thought last weeks game was going to be over at half time but it most definitely wasn't.  WE is supposed to have some athletes on the D line so it will be good to see how our O-line plays.  Longview needs to work this week because next week, we are going to get punched in the mouth.

11 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

I honestly thought last weeks game was going to be over at half time but it most definitely wasn't.  WE is supposed to have some athletes on the D line so it will be good to see how our O-line plays.  Longview needs to work this week because next week, we are going to get punched in the mouth.

You talking about the same team that allowed a team last night run 322 yards and score 45 without passing over 20 yards? That is suppose to have a good Dline? Yesterday I presented the defensive and offensive stats for each team, and west has the second worst defense in district behind north and it was pretty evident last night, West kept it close for a half against y’all only because of turnovers and penalties and breakdowns on defense, then y’all showed that they had no business even being in the same league with y’all in the second half. 

25 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Having seen WE against MP...if we struggle tonight. HP will absolutely murder us next week.

40 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

You talking about the same team that allowed a team last night run 322 yards and score 45 without passing over 20 yards? That is suppose to have a good Dline? Yesterday I presented the defensive and offensive stats for each team, and west has the second worst defense in district behind north and it was pretty evident last night, West kept it close for a half against y’all only because of turnovers and penalties and breakdowns on defense, then y’all showed that they had no business even being in the same league with y’all in the second half. 

Completely agree...but for some reason we have made subpar D-lines look stellar this year...as long as I have watched the Lobos, I know what is coming...we are going to play a game like we have been and we are going to get beat...