Pleasant Grove @ Carthage

HearEmaGrowlin

I think you do have to give some credit to PG defense in the first half. They came to play and beat the Dawgs up a little bit.

That being said, the offense also did not play well. Too many mistakes.

They will fix it. They will have a lot of opportunities. With this defense, they likely won’t need a perfect game this season on offense.

1 minute ago, JBizzle said:

I think you do have to give some credit to PG defense in the first half. They came to play and beat the Dawgs up a little bit.

That being said, the offense also did not play well. Too many mistakes.

They will fix it. They will have a lot of opportunities. With this defense, they likely won’t need a perfect game this season on offense.

They made some key stops. The rest was just sloppy offense on Carthage’s part. We needed a game like this, I suppose. Still came away with the W.

The Dawg D has scored in every game, that is just flat out amazing.

The offense look like a totally different team in the third quarter, the o line and the run game grabbed another gear.

PG is going to be a very good team the next two years, I understand they are starting 10 sophomores.

The Dawgs offense might have been on low energy after being so high for Gilmer, but that changed in the second half.

Great win Dawgs and thank you Dawg D for being amazing again.       

• Like 2

Carthage Red Zone offense - the defense has less area to cover, so Carthage's shortcomings show up more in this area(at least for the moment)...........Offensive line/blocking - still not much varsity experience, so you can only hope they get some better, but not a whole lot of pancack blocks so far and not a lot of push..............WRs - only one with much height and he is raw and one has a limited catch radius(pass must be basicly perfect) and that is more difficult in tight situations

Little Belichick has said the playbook is wide open early in the season, and he reduces it as he notices plays that just don't work with that year's team ------- so, the red zone play may not ever be great in 2021, but I look for it to get somewhat better from here on out. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Corner Stone beat the number 2 ranked team in 4A DI last night and Crosby is rolling in 5A DII. 

CCC always disappoints, they’re just not that good.

It’s looking like Austin LBJ will win state in 4A-D1 this year.

I’m of the opinion that if Argyle and LBJ meet up in the playoffs it won’t be much of a contest. I fully understand Argyle can make huge strides offensively, but I don’t think they have the horses to match up with LBJ.

Folks were questioning the Carthage offense last night, and rightfully so.

However, Carthage has the playmakers to go to when the offense is struggling and do have a QB who can get the ball to them. 
The running game showed up last night and I think it’ll continue to improve.

CHS has SS and folks just need to trust. Be calm, things are in process.

Surratt said he’s happy with the progression from the OL in run blocking and pass blocking. So, I was never in doubt and then the 3rd quarter started.

Dawgs started Dawgin’, no worries. 

Now we’ll see if the offense can continue to grow and my bet is it does.

We’ve all seen this story play out in the past where we lose a stud at QB and RB in the same graduation cycle, we went undefeated the next year. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

CCC always disappoints, they’re just not that good.

It’s looking like Austin LBJ will win state in 4A-D1 this year.

I’m of the opinion that if Argyle and LBJ meet up in the playoffs it won’t be much of a contest. I fully understand Argyle can make huge strides offensively, but I don’t think they have the horses to match up with LBJ.

Folks were questioning the Carthage offense last night, and rightfully so.

However, Carthage has the playmakers to go to when the offense is struggling and do have a QB who can get the ball to them. 
The running game showed up last night and I think it’ll continue to improve.

CHS has SS and folks just need to trust. Be calm, things are in process.

Surratt said he’s happy with the progression from f the OL in run blocking and pass blocking. So, I was never in doubt and then the 3rd quarter started.

Dawgs started Dawgin’, no worries. 

Now we’ll see if the offense can continue to grow and my bet is it does.

We’ve all seen this story play out in the past where we lose a stud at QB and RB in the same graduation cycle, we went undefeated the next year. 

Those 3 consecutive passes to Hatton to open the second half were just what Carthage needed to set the tone for the remainder of the evening, & I can’t say enough about Z-man Williams... He is really a stud ball carrier. #4 Roquemore’s pickoff of the second half was a real drive killer to PG. 

Surratt is still the Master of halftime adjustments!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Corner Stone beat the number 2 ranked team in 4A DI last night and Crosby is rolling in 5A DII. 

The Dawg D is getting better every game. When was the last time a defense scored a touchdown in every game. We Dawg fans and high school football fans in general are witnessing a special group of young men. 
They held a high power Gilmer offense to 7 points (17 total yards in the first half), beat a Crosby team that will probably go deep in the 5A DII playoffs even with 5 first half turnovers, a Corner Stone team that just beat the number 2 ranked team in 4A DI 31 to 6. The Dawgs held them to 14 points even after committing  turnovers. PG had 47 total yards in the first half. 
I don’t know if it is possible for the Dawg D to score in every game but it will be fun watching. 
There are some very good defenses in 4A this year like LBJ, Argyle, Celina, LeVega, and I guess you can add Melissa after putting the skunk on Argyle and maybe some others but the Dawgs so far are doing an unbelievable job. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Maybe Jasper, probably against Rusk and in the playoffs I look for another starting DB to get offensive snaps inside the opposing team’s 30 yard line - the ball hawking one. Lol. 

At one point if I’m not mistaken I believe I also saw Kip Lewis go in on offense last night.

even the best (coaches) rains will come to a end sooner are later cant win forever i have seen some of the best program's go down over the years the grandfather of DIV1 saw it come to a end last night BIG TIME   but next week DIV1 POWER HOUSE OF 4A will start over by looking at what they have  coming back will be called the untouchables of 4A .

• Confused 1