Becoming one of them old dudes leaning on the fence at the game

upullinmychain

9 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

From being a kid along the fence...to playing and seeing my dad along the fence..to watching my kids play and still standing along the fence..to watching my kids watch their kids watching a game,still standing along the fence...thank you God for fences ๐Ÿ™...and thank you lord for the games we can stand an watch..

This one has all the feels, Chain. ๐Ÿ™Œ

11 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

This one has all the feels, Chain. ๐Ÿ™Œ

Friday night I was standing along the fence with my oldest and my youngest son's,my grandson was standing between us watching the game,was thinking about my pops and wishing he was there...would have been four generations that were up on that fence and loving the game of football โœŒ๏ธ..

• Like 5

12 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

The more I have other peopleโ€™s rugrats climbing back and forth over me during a game, the more I see myself leaned up against that fence.ย 

Sir,we solve the teams issues and all the world's problems when we up against that fence ๐Ÿ‘€.. Lots of scholars rite there err Friday night ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• LOL! 4

On 9/26/2021 at 9:11 PM, trueblue82 said:

The more I have other peopleโ€™s rugrats climbing back and forth over me during a game, the more I see myself leaned up against that fence.ย 

We have a incline down to my perch on the fence from the walkway to the concession stand. You have kids barrel rolling into the back of your legs or bumping into the fence. Still better than sitting in the stands.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

20 hours ago, player73 said:

We call them โ€œ crows โ€œ ๐Ÿ˜‚

image.gifwhen you wear ourย spear on your helmet...we got your back.ย from guys in wheelchairs who played in the sixties,to guys from last year's team....We greet them coming on the field for their first varsity game andย when they leave at the end of their careers in blue..we got their backs โœŒ๏ธ

There is something magical about the fence. I've noticed I can call a ballgame 20 times better with my arms propped up on the galvanized top rail of the fence than ANY striped ref can out there on the field........true storie

• LOL! 2

22 hours ago, Cat51993 said:

At Beckville we have been on that fence for years. Football and fellowship it is absolutely great.ย 

You ever ate one of them blue Bearcat paw sugar cookies on a wooden tongue depressor that the boosters used to sell while you was standing along the fence?

• LOL! 2

On 9/26/2021 at 9:11 PM, trueblue82 said:

Well you usually bout 3 feet from Jesse the paramedic. Get some meds Hoss!

22 minutes ago, Doomer said:

You ever ate one of them blue Bearcat paw sugar cookies on a wooden tongue depressor that the boosters used to sell while you was standing along the fence?

Yes I have. It was great. Would love to drink a little of your shine for sure with that paw.

45 minutes ago, Cat51993 said:

Yes I have. It was great. Would love to drink a little of your shine for sure with that paw.

I ate so many of them cookies one nite (they were on clearance) my lips and mouth turndt blue from the icing! True storie

• LOL! 1

Back in the 60s and 70s Garrison had a pecking order on the fence, you had to establish yourself as a longtime fan before you could wedge your way into a good spot.ย  The old timers had their places and no one challenged their spots .... there were also a few parking spaces inside Bulldawg stadium where elderly or physically challenged fans were allowed to park their vehicles at the end of the bleachers and watch the game from their vehicles ...ย 

24 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Back in the 60s and 70s Garrison had a pecking order on the fence, you had to establish yourself as a longtime fan before you could wedge your way into a good spot.ย  The old timers had their places and no one challenged their spots .... there were also a few parking spaces inside Bulldawg stadium where elderly or physically challenged fans were allowed to park their vehicles at the end of the bleachers and watch the game from their vehicles ...ย 

Hey wasnโ€™t that you and Colmes I saw sitting outside the fence in a โ€˜67 Buick the last time I played there in 1990?

• LOL! 1

27 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Hey wasnโ€™t that you and Colmes I saw sitting outside the fence in a โ€˜67 Buick the last time I played there in 1990?

I was stationed in Illinois back in 1990 ... the aministration stopped that practice I'm toldย sometime back in th early 80s ... your memory is fading .... maybe early onset Alzheimer's? ....

11 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I was stationed in Illinois back in 1990 ... the aministration stopped that practice I'm toldย sometime back in th early 80s ... your memory is fading .... maybe early onset Alzheimer's? ....

Am I the only one that thinks the admin should have been changed for messing with football?...asking for a friendย 

14 hours ago, Doomer said:

There is something magical about the fence. I've noticed I can call a ballgame 20 times better with my arms propped up on the galvanized top rail of the fence than ANY striped ref can out there on the field........true storie

I get smarter with every year I'm not coaching!!!

• LOL! 1