Week Seven: #4 Longview at #3 Highland Park

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (5-1) vs Highland Park Scots (4-1)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Highland Park in a close one
    • Highland Park in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/2021 at 12:30 AM

8 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I don’t believe it to be honest, cause Allen would’ve made another mistake somewhere along the way that would’ve made us lose it.

He can only play teams and perform against those that are truly bad.

If Longview doesn’t fumble on the first play of the third quarter, it’s a different game. If Longview opens the play book just a tiny bit outside of their last drive, its a different game. If Longview doesn’t get 100+ penalty yards, it’s a different game.

Lobos had it won, holding HIGHLAND PARK at home to two offensive scores ALL NIGHT…but our offense let them get away.

I guess HP didnt do anything  wrong all night either? 

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, lobos2011 said:

Tutt has to he the guy next year… I can’t take another year of 12

I'm sure that he won't even get the chance. Its hard to beat out a player when the staff shows clear favoritism toward him. They barely gave Grant a chance last year and he had much better tools than Allen.. Thomas had to play damn near the perfect game against Legacy just to get the nod....when he was always the best QB option since spring.

But take it from me who has a strong eye for talent, understands player development and watches Lobo players come up the ranks from youth to present....Tutt should be QBing this team (while Thomas is hurt).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I'm sure that he won't even get the chance. Its hard to beat out a player when the staff shows clear favoritism toward him. They barely gave Grant a chance last year and he had much better tools than Allen.. Thomas had to play damn near the perfect game against Legacy just to get the nod....when he was always the best QB option since spring.

But take it from me who has a strong eye for talent, understands player development and watches Lobo players come up the ranks from youth to present....Tutt should be QBing this team (while Thomas is hurt).

All of you should be ashamed of coming on this board and throwing this kid under the bus!!

Pitiful so many of the arm chair QBs come on here to rip high school kids. Hammer the adults all you want. Although I’m pretty sure none of you who have the stones to actually do it to their faces. These coaches are with these kids probably far more then their families are during the season. I guarantee everyone involved wants to win in the worst way. Longview has a great staff led by an iconic head coach. All of you all naming names of high school age kids should be ashamed of yourselves. 

• Stinks 3

4 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Boy y’all ungrateful lol, king has won y’all a title and taken y’all to multiple ones he’s a winner, things happen lol. Y’all should be greatful you could have Holmes as your coach lol

So because we won a state title, we should just be happy? We lost a winnable game, we have a right to be upset.

• Love 1

Just now, LoboFan07 said:

So because we won a state title, we should just be happy? We lost a winnable game, we have a right to be upset.

Yes you should! 3 state appearances in the last 15 years and won one, all winning record seasons in the last 15 years, y’all ARE UNGRATEFUL. I WISH we could have half of your coaching staff it would be amazing! If you want to we can switch Holmes for King! Your hair will be gray by the end of the season lol. 

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

"Be happy that you lost, because you won a state title a couple years ago" sounds utterly dumb. I never understood that notion.

That is not the mentality that results in consistency. 

The goal is to win more games and titles, not be complacent and accept losses because of something in the past. 

Also, critiquing is in no way, shape or form being ungrateful. lol not even close. If anything, you're searching for more greatness.

Longview folks know the level of success this program has had but even Saban slams his headsets in anger while being up by 50. It's called constructive criticism, he needs to look up the meaning and positive long lasting effects of it.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

"Be happy that you lost, because you won a state title a couple years ago" sounds utterly dumb. I never understood that notion.

That is not the mentality that results in consistency. 

The goal is to win more games and titles, not be complacent accept losses because of something in the past. 

Also, critiquing is in no way, shape or form being ungrateful. lol not even close. If anything, you're searching for more greatness.

Longview folks know the level of success this program has had but even Saban slams his headsets in anger while being up by 50. It's called constructive criticism, he needs to look up the meaning and positive long lasting effects of it.

So you would rather be tyler?? Ok lol y’all are so spoiled that you can’t even see the greatness that this man has brought to y’all over the years. You could only be winning 2-3 games a season that’s what I mean by be grateful! Smh 

6 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

So you would rather be tyler?? Ok lol y’all are so spoiled that you can’t even see the greatness that this man has brought to y’all over the years. You could only be winning 2-3 games a season that’s what I mean by be grateful! Smh 

You think way too simple and small.

How about this, you are no longer allowed to critique Holmes or Tyler football again...because Tyler could be Houston Scarborough.

See what I did there?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ANTI said:

How about this, you are no longer allowed to critique Holmes or Tyler football again...because Tyler could be Houston Scarborough.

See what I did there?

We were there!! Have you not seen us the last two seasons?? Lol 

17 hours ago, cotton84 said:

So, if King retired this coming January, would more Lobo faithful be glad or be sad ?

Man he took Longview to another level in football there is no denying this. Do I have gripes about his play-calling and running the Qb back and forth to sidelines like peewee league...mis-managing of the talent Longview has had since 2004 the unforgivable not calling a timeout in 2010 to atleast prepare your team for the blocked punt that everybody in the stands knew was coming...the 2016 Lake Ridge end of game play-calling...2006 Garland game. He's stubborn and bullheaded like all men but he's earned the right to leave on his terms. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ANTI said:

See what I did there?

You can tell when a person has never lost a lot of games they don’t understand what being at the bottom is really like. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

What are you talking about? King is one of the highest paid coaches in the state. Longview gives him all the tools he needs to be successful (at least that’s what it looks like from the outside). Have you watched Longview play this year (and this is not a new problem)? They make way to many mistakes for a program the caliber of the Lobos. Anybody can see it. When you are getting 14-15 penalties a game that’s a problem. The QB situation is obvious. I know that’s frustrating. I’ve had fun following the Lobos this year, but some of the stuff is like beating your head against the wall when you see the same things over and over. There is a difference in bashing a coach and voicing criticism. These coaches are not above being criticized. Promise you they can see it too. The mistakes Longview makes right now does not equate to championship football at any level. It’s just that most of the times the Lobos have so many dudes that they are able to overcome most of their mistakes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

You can tell when a person has never lost they don’t understand what being at the bottom is really like. 

Longview has never lost? Man, I see what you’re saying on this thread, but I am in total agreement with the Lobo fans here. You can critique a team and coaching staff no matter who they are.

Coach King uhhhh, has earned some constructive criticism over the years no matter how many district titles he has or state title game appearances.

5 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Boy y’all ungrateful lol, king has won y’all a title and taken y’all to multiple ones he’s a winner, things happen lol. Y’all should be greatful you could have Holmes as your coach lol

No no no no no...like destiny's child😆😆😆😆😆

• LOL! 1

Nothing more fun these days than trying to look at a teams sideline when they are on O and trying to guess the play. You’ve got one rookie coach holding a gun, another rookie with a cardboard sign of Hillary C, Coach #3 a call up from Jr High has a sign of a boat with only 1 oar and the 4th Coach ( the lazy one) is juggling 4 tennis balls. It’s always amusing with the sign teams. 

35 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

You can tell when a person has never lost a lot of games they don’t understand what being at the bottom is really like. 

Why would Longview be losing? They have absolute studs. It’s clear that Longview is no where near the bottom. Still probably a top 10 team in their division. But these kind of games with teams like HP is when the problems really show themselves IMO. 21-16 this year. 20-15 last year. I think Lobo fans expect to win these kind of games. And I think they are justified in that expectation. I didn’t follow the Lobos close for a long time. But following them pretty close for the last few years (now that games are streamed and we have much easier access to watching games we cannot attend in person) they have studs every year. Very few teams around the state have the number of quality athletes and football players Longview has year in and year out, especially when they drop down and are in the 2nd highest division.