Marshall (2-0), (3-2) Vs. Texas High (2-0),(4-0)

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Texas High  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Texas High in close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Texas High in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

44 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

That’s good stuff right there.  
Neither team had a player over 170 lbs 😂

Wasn’t  any Chik-fil-A or fancy like Applebee’s back then 😂😂😂

0 processed foods for that matter and most of the calories consumed were probably quickly burned by farm work and the like before and after school lol

Texas high should come in to the game with something to show. played bad on both sides of the ball .  Marshall had there way after 1st qrt with Jacksonville. lot of momentum after scoring close to 70...defense has played good all year. 

Texas high young oline vs Marshall dline .  Thigh Rb Stewart has been pretty much all the offense through 4 games. I think he entered last night with little over 450 yards on year and ran for 200 last night. a lot of that was on 80 + yard run. Penalties still a prob.false starts/ Couple late hits on qb one being on 3rd and forever. hope it’s clean up. looking forward to good game.  

Tigers should no doubt be the favorites with the game at home...when's the last time Marshall won up there?

That said, after seeing the Tigers during the scrimmage and against Forney (and the 4th quarter last night), I'm a little worried about T High. Going with the upset. Mavs by 3.

5 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Tigers should no doubt be the favorites with the game at home...when's the last time Marshall won up there?

Last win at Grim was in 2017.  That was the last time we played there.  

It’s been a house of horrors for us, though. 

The Mavs have to be careful not to get "too high" about last night's win.  While it was an outstanding performance in all aspects... offense...defense... and special teams....we need to keep it in perspective.  This isn't a slam against Jacksonville, but at the end of the day, we dominated a team that really isn't that good.  We did what we were suppose to do in a match-up like that.  Jacksonville has some athletes...make no mistake about it.  McCuin is a BEAST.  Their QB is going through some growing pains now... but he will be a very good QB.  But right now....Jacksonville is struggling.

Marshall did what they should have done in that game, but let's not get too ahead of who we are just yet.

Anyone that thinks that would happen against a quality opponent is out of their mind.  

We also need to keep Texas High's performance last night in perspective too. I'm sure THS fans were frustrated with their team's effort against Hallsville.  But to think the Tigers are less than we thought they were headed into the season based on that game alone would be a grave mistake.  Playing on the road is not easy.  Yes... even winning on the road against teams struggling like Hallsville can be tough.  Not having your QB1 to start the game is HUGE.  Not to forget.... THS had one less "practice game" than most of us have.  Toss in a desperate Bobcat squad and you have the recipe  for what we saw happen.

I'm not buying any of it.

Marshall played out of their minds last night..... Texas High had a bad night.  I don't think the chasm between the two is as wide as it looked based on one night.

No doubt this is a big game coming up.  The winner will be in the catbird seat for the district championship headed into the homestretch of the schedule.

Grim has been a house of horrors for the Mavs since we dropped classification in 2002.

The current Maverick staff is still looking for that HUGE "signature" win.  This would be it if they can get it.  

Mathis got his Vs. Texas High in 2017.
Harper got his Vs. Longview in 2015.
Harris got his Vs. Texas High in 2007 (Bi-District playoff)
Southern got his Vs. Klein Oak in 2004 (Bi-District playoff)

They all had other big wins....but those are their FIRST huge wins.  This staff can get it this week....but it won't be easy.  Texas High at home is TOUGH.  Tigers are better than we saw last night.

Mavs are playing well right now....and the coaching staff has made some outstanding personnel changes over the course of the season... AND with "in-game" adjustments.  All very encouraging.  

Can't wait to see this game.  Should be a good one!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

The Mavs have to be careful not to get "too high" about last night's win.  While it was an outstanding performance in all aspects... offense...defense... and special teams....we need to keep it in perspective.  This isn't a slam against Jacksonville, but at the end of the day, we dominated a team that really isn't that good.  We did what we were suppose to do in a match-up like that.  Jacksonville has some athletes...make no mistake about it.  McCuin is a BEAST.  Their QB is going through some growing pains now... but he will be a very good QB.  But right now....Jacksonville is struggling.

Marshall did what they should have done in that game, but let's not get too ahead of who we are just yet.

Anyone that thinks that would happen against a quality opponent is out of their mind.  

We also need to keep Texas High's performance last night in perspective too. I'm sure THS fans were frustrated with their team's effort against Hallsville.  But to think the Tigers are less than we thought they were headed into the season based on that game alone would be a grave mistake.  Playing on the road is not easy.  Yes... even winning on the road against teams struggling like Hallsville can be tough.  Not having your QB1 to start the game is HUGE.  Not to forget.... THS had one less "practice game" than most of us have.  Toss in a desperate Bobcat squad and you have the recipe  for what we saw happen.

I'm not buying any of it.

Marshall played out of their minds last night..... Texas High had a bad night.  I don't think the chasm between the two is as wide as it looked based on one night.

No doubt this is a big game coming up.  The winner will be in the catbird seat for the district championship headed into the homestretch of the schedule.

Grim has been a house of horrors for the Mavs since we dropped classification in 2002.

The current Maverick staff is still looking for that HUGE "signature" win.  This would be it if they can get it.  

Mathis got his Vs. Texas High in 2017.
Harper got his Vs. Longview in 2015.
Harris got his Vs. Texas High in 2007 (Bi-District playoff)
Southern got his Vs. Klein Oak in 2004 (Bi-District playoff)

They all had other big wins....but those are their FIRST huge wins.  This staff can get it this week....but it won't be easy.  Texas High at home is TOUGH.  Tigers are better than we saw last night.

Mavs are playing well right now....and the coaching staff has made some outstanding personnel changes over the course of the season... AND with "in-game" adjustments.  All very encouraging.  

Can't wait to see this game.  Should be a good one!

That game at rose in 07....good game. all thigh first half and all Marshall 2nd

5 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

That game at rose in 07....good game. all thigh first half and all Marshall 2nd

Outstanding game!

I don't remember all the details. 

Seems like Texas High jumped out to 20-3 (or was it 20-7?) lead at halftime.

Mavs storm back in the second half to take a 31-27 lead.

But Texas High took the final drive and drove down inside the Mav 20 late in the game.

Took an interception by Marshall to end the threat deep in Maverick territory to preserve the win.

I may be off on some of that.....memory gets fuzzy going that far back lol.  But I do remember it being a great game.  One of the best playoff memories in Maverick history.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Outstanding game!

I don't remember all the details. 

Seems like Texas High jumped out to 20-3 (or was it 20-7?) lead at halftime.

Mavs storm back in the second half to take a 31-27 lead.

But Texas High took the final drive and drove down inside the Mav 20 late in the game.

Took an interception by Marshall to end the threat deep in Maverick territory to preserve the win.

I may be off on some of that.....memory gets fuzzy going that far back lol.  But I do remember it being a great game.  One of the best playoff memories in Maverick history.

27-10 at half and Mavs come back to win 31-27 .  Great game thigh ran the ball all over Marshall in the first half...came out at half couldn’t do nothin. a lot of Kilgore / whitehouse fans even pull in for the mavs back then. SS had a couple really good teams back then as well.

Im terrible at picking games so I’ll leave that alone. THigh played first half without McHenry at QB and hard to get up for a team that hasn’t won in two years. I know they were flat against Hallsville. 

Marshall is for real. Way better than what many people think. Long armed secondary. Can Marshall block THigh’s front, especially those freakish DEs? Olvera looks like he isn’t that mobile, no slap, I think he’s nursing something.  

This ought be a great game. Would be much better if they were playing in week nine or 10 but here we go. Marshall has Buchanan, he could be the difference in a close one. If THigh jumps out early, don’t get comfortable. Marshall adjusts and they keep coming. Should be McHenrys biggest test throwing against Marshall.   

Good luck to both team! 

• Like 1

MAIN PAGE:
https://www.marshallmavericks.net
Recap for the Jax game.  District standings and playoff update.  Volleyball.  Other good stuff.

GAME PREVIEW:
https://www.marshallmavericks.net/gameday

Lots of good historical stuff.  Stats for Marshall.  No stats on THS yet.  I can't seem to find them so far.  An interesting DID YOU KNOW.

Not surprised to see most votes going to THIGH, but I'm a little shocked at all of the THIGH blowout votes. Marshall's defense has kept them in every game, including Longview. Both defenses are too good for this game to get out of hand. Would expect to see a 24-21 type of game. 

Consider the source of some of those votes. 

Some of those guys have a winning percentage under .250.  😂😂😂

Some is homerism.  Some is just hate and wishful thinking.  Some is a totally blind pick. 

see this one being 7-10 point diff either way. Texas high will have to play all 4 quarters to win. after last week Rb has over 650 through 4 games . Prettt good considering struggles the oline has had. Qb has been ok...looked good first half of mp but looked all out of rhythm when comin back 3rd quarter Friday some what silent so far. mavs have 2-3 pretty good wrs and solid rb. Defense biggest test so far for thigh. 
 Marshall Qb imo better than last year and oline looks a lot better. 

Texas has had a d lineman out since jt idk what happened but he had 2 sacks that game...also idk when two players waiting to play are eligible but both are diff makers. One hold offer from osu , Kansas few big 12 schools other has d1 offers but he’s class of 24 so more to come from him