Jump to content

***Week 7: Centerville Tigers (1-0 | 5-1) @ Alto Yellowjackets (1-0 | 3-1) - 10/8/2021***


StingEmALTO
 Share

Centerville @ Alto  

18 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Centerville
      6
    • Alto
      12

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/2021 at 12:00 AM

Recommended Posts

The Alto Yellowjackets will host the Centerville Tigers this Friday in what many believe will give the winner a big leg up on the district championship. The Tigers, like the Jackets, return almost their entire team from last season. Centerville defeated Alto in 2020 34-24 after Alto lead 24-6 at halftime. (This loss really stung!)

Alto comes into Friday’s game on a 3-game winning streak having most recently defeated district rival Grapeland (49-14), San Augustine (47-20), and Winona (42-7); the loss was to Troup (48-18) in Week 1. Centerville has won the last 4 in a row. They have wins over New Waverly (27-14), Thorndale (42-28), Westwood (26-20), Bremond (56-7), and a district win over Leon (54-8); their loss was in Week 2 to Corrigan-Camden in OT (27-19).

The Mean Sting is making progress every week under Coach Gamble’s new (old! Lol) system averaging 46 points a game the last 3 games. Centerville is playing with confidence having put up over 50 in the last two weeks. Both are improving on defense.

Who starts district 2-0?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Get ready for a heavy dose of the pitch to #13 ..     he’s fast too !     Should be a good one!   Pulling for the yellow jackets! 

My oldest son had the unenviable task of playing safety when Cville ran toss to #42 and #99..... not something a 150lb kid oughta have to endure.... I told em ya better get to em before they get shoulders square or it’s gonna hurt....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

My oldest son had the unenviable task of playing safety when Cville ran toss to #42 and #99..... not something a 150lb kid oughta have to endure.... I told em ya better get to em before they get shoulders square or it’s gonna hurt....

Shoot that’s when you drop down and cut em a flip... 😜

 

what year was that ?   I remember we played centerville in the 3rd round in 2013 and they had a RB that was pretty stout ..  he was #42 

they scored real late in the 4th and needed the 2 point conversion to tie it ,  we picked it off and ran it back over 100 yards ..  it happened so fast the refs couldn’t keep up downfield!   We got tackled and fell into the end zone, ended up calling him down on the half yard line..   it was a wild game!   We won 22 to 20 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Shoot that’s when you drop down and cut em a flip... 😜

 

what year was that ?   I remember we played centerville in the 3rd round in 2013 and they had a RB that was pretty stout ..  he was #42 

they scored real late in the 4th and needed the 2 point conversion to tie it ,  we picked it off and ran it back over 100 yards ..  it happened so fast the refs couldn’t keep up downfield!   We got tackled and fell into the end zone, ended up calling him down on the half yard line..   it was a wild game!   We won 22 to 20 

2017 I believe. Both backs 225lb-240lbs. If they got squared then he went low and they would just drive em in the ground. Made for a long 2hrs.....🥴

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

2017 I believe. Both backs 225lb-240lbs. If they got squared then he went low and they would just drive em in the ground. Made for a long 2hrs.....🥴

Lol it happens sometimes man...  

i remember those backs !   They beat us in 2017 , 21 to 7..  but we got revenge on them in 2018,  41 to 7 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This group of Alto kids is playing with confidence right now. Probably got a bad taste in their mouth after last years debacle. Great chance for those kids to show they’ve embraced the style of football they are being asked to play by beating a perennial good, smash mouth team at their own game. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, villagegenius said:

This group of Alto kids is playing with confidence right now. Probably got a bad taste in their mouth after last years debacle. Great chance for those kids to show they’ve embraced the style of football they are being asked to play by beating a perennial good, smash mouth team at their own game. 

So happy these boys are seeing success. They have worked hard and deserve the results they are experiencing on the field. Last year……was TOUGH. They never gave up and they kept a positive attitude all season long. Every Monday they came into practice as though they had won the Friday night before. I witnessed it first hand. I was so proud of their work ethic and their attitudes. It was nice to finish the season with 2 consecutive wins. Fast forward to this season and the kids have bought in to the new system and with a year of growth and maturity are seeing the fruits of their labor. I for one am encouraged and HAPPY. They are fun to watch and getting better each week.

Appreciate the post. They’ve had some really great coaching along the way!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...