***Week 7: Centerville Tigers (1-0 | 5-1) @ Alto Yellowjackets (1-0 | 3-1) - 10/8/2021***

StingEmALTO

Centerville @ Alto  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Centerville
    • Alto

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/2021 at 12:00 AM

9 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Dang!   Y’all will be a powerhouse in division 2! 

We’re just trying to win some ballgames no matter the division. Lol But yeah, that might be fun. 😂 Still…Tenaha, Mart, and no telling who else. Like I said, it’ll be interesting!

And it’s been awhile since y’all were in 2A. When was the last time? I know we’ve had some good battles through the years including that FOUR OVERTIME game at the Abe in the playoffs!

4 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

We’re just trying to win some ballgames no matter the division. Lol But yeah, that might be fun. 😂 Still…Tenaha, Mart, and no telling who else. Like I said, it’ll be interesting!

And it’s been awhile since y’all were in 2A. When was the last time? I know we’ve had some good battles through the years including that FOUR OVERTIME game at the Abe in the playoffs!

We were rite at the drop down number awhile back,we might be going down to d2…wont that be a hoot…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Lol I hear ya!    Yes sir mart will always be in the mix every year!   And do you remember when everyone moved up several seasons ago?   We was 2a division 2 and they moved all division 2 teams up to 3a division 2 ..  but they did it with all classifications ,  cause y’all was 1A at the time it all happened I believe 

5 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

They bounce mart and bremond around.   I expect mart to go back to region 2 and wouldn't be surprised if bremond went back to region 4.  

I’d take that in a heartbeat! Rather be one of the largest schools in D2 than the smallest in D1. Our 7th and 8th grade classes are  larger than some of our current HS classes so not sure what will happen the next realignment. I could see us going right back up. 

Just now, corrigancamden09 said:

Lol I hear ya!    Yes sir mart will always be in the mix every year!   And do you remember when everyone moved up several seasons ago?   We was 2a division 2 and they moved all division 2 teams up to 3a division 2 ..  but they did it with all classifications ,  cause y’all was 1A at the time it all happened I believe 

That’s right. We were 1A Division 1. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

How many do y’all have?

Have to ask someone,I forgot what they said exactly but I remember we were two or three from dropping and the class coming up was smaller than the one leaving this year…but this could change with 2 or three 6’5 260 pound move in’s. You know how it is…lol 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 minute ago, upullinmychain said:

Have to ask someone,I forgot what they said exactly but I remember we were two or three from dropping and the class coming up was smaller than the one leaving this year…but this could change with 2 or three 6’5 260 pound move in’s. You know how it is…lol 

NOPE. I know nothing about 6’5” 260 pounders moving in. We are not that close to HENDERSON! 🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Actually we don’t. 

On 10/4/2021 at 8:44 PM, StillGreezy said:

Tenaha's demographics are changing quite quickly.   Looking at our athletes coming up not many lineman.   But we have been thin in that area since 2017.  

What do Tenaha’s numbers look like? What were y’all last realignment?

4 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

Tenaha's demographics are changing quite quickly.   Looking at our athletes coming up not many lineman.   But we have been thin in that area since 2017.  

Man I feel you. I’ll tell you what though. I know someone who DON’T have that problem. That’s Grapeland 8th grade. Kids bigger than our varsity line. That’s no exaggeration. Huge 

1 hour ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Man I feel you. I’ll tell you what though. I know someone who DON’T have that problem. That’s Grapeland 8th grade. Kids bigger than our varsity line. That’s no exaggeration. Huge 

E N O R M O U S. 

I would like to see those 8th graders play San Augustines’s! Lol 8th graders shouldn’t be that big. 🤣🤣

• Like 1

Centerville Tigers (5-1, 1-0) at Alto Yellowjackets (3-1, 1-0)

7:30 p.m. Friday at Cam'ron Matthews Field at Jacket Stadium: Home of the Mean Sting in Alto

Coaches: Kyle Hardee, Centerville; Lance Gamble, Alto

Last Week: Alto 49, Grapeland 14; Centerville 54, Jewitt Leon 8

Next Week: Alto at Jewitt Leon; Groveton at Centerville

Game Analysis: Coach Gamble dusted off the ole split-back veer offense when arriving in Alto over the summer and the Jackets have been leaving everyone in their dust ever since...Centerville's only loss was to a 4-1 Corrigan-Camden outfit in OT...Alto defense has allowed just 41 points in the last 3 games...Given that these two clubs are the top two in the conference, this game could determine the league champion...The team that makes the fewest mistakes should come out on top.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/area-prep-football-previews-rusk-to-open-district-by-visiting-jasper/article_4f555980-26d1-11ec-949a-d77dae741358.html

• Like 1