***Week 7: Centerville Tigers (1-0 | 5-1) @ Alto Yellowjackets (1-0 | 3-1) - 10/8/2021***

StingEmALTO

Centerville @ Alto  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Centerville
    • Alto

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/2021 at 12:00 AM

1st off hats off to CV. They played great for 4 quarters. Teams looked like mirror images of one another in the 1st half (17-16) at half. We made some costly mistakes in the 2nd half, the two big ones being fumbling the snap on 4th and goal at their 2 yard line and a fumble they were able to scoop and score on later on. In a game like this where both teams are power run oriented, getting 2-3 scores behind can be very tough to come back from and that clock don’t last long. Boys fought though until the 0:00 and that’s all we can ever ask for. Congrats CV on the win. Time to put this one to bed and get ready for next week. 

13 hours ago, StillGreezy said:

Had a feeling yall would hang for a half then get wore down second half. 

We came out in the second half and they held us. They drove down the field and scored. Then disaster when our QB lost the ball and it was a scoop and score. They were then up 2 scores. We drove down the field and got to around the 2 yard line, mishandled the snap on 4th and inches, and ball goes over on downs. We had some opportunities but did not execute. They are a great, hard nosed ball team and held us scoreless in the second half. 

Time to learn, regroup, and get after Leon next week. I was proud of the fight in our boys.

I feel like Centerville and Beckville are the next best teams in the region behind Timpson. I’ve seen both play and I give the nod to Centerville, but it’s dang close. 

55 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

We came out second half and they held us. They drove down the field and scored. Then disaster when they hit our QB and it was a scoop and score. They were then up 2 scores. We drove down the field and got to around the 2 yard line, mishandled the snap on 4th and inches, and ball goes over on downs. We had some opportunities but did not execute. They are a great, hard nosed ball team and held us scoreless in the second half. 

Time to learn, regroup, and get after Leon next week. I was proud of the fight in our boys.

I feel like Centerville and Beckville are the next best teams in the region behind Timpson. I’ve seen both play and I give the nod to Centerville, but it’s dang close. 

What game did you see Beckville play?

11 hours ago, BearcatBlue said:

What game did you see Beckville play?

Watched them vs. Joaquin. (Oh and we scrimmaged Beckville! Lol) I realize that was the first game. Y’all did a heck of a job coming from behind to take that win. Would be cool to see you and Centerville meet up. Both very well coached and SOLID. 

Congrats on the big win over UG and good luck next week. Y’all are rollin!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Tweak it a little and go again next week! Lol

Congrats to Carlisle on the dub tonight!

What should have been a blowout for us turned into a, are you freekin serious because of the refs..oh well it was interesting and we'll take the dub with gratitude.thanks for the complement bro ✌️

3 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

What should have been a blowout for us turned into a, are you freekin serious because of the refs..oh well it was interesting and we'll take the dub with gratitude.thanks for the complement bro ✌️

You’re right. Sometimes it’s just good to get out with a win. You know the old saying “I’d take an ugly win over a hard-fought, well played loss any day!” 😂