Gilmer @ Spring Hill

SHillBuckeye

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

SH has some good players this year, but the Panthers will struggle to match up with Gilmer in the trenches and at the skill positions.  SH has advantages in the punting and kicking games.  😁

Gilmer won’t be punting or kicking FG’s, lol

7 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

I hope the Buckeyes excise their "Carthage demon" on Spring Hill by scoring 84...49 by the half, another 35 in the 2nd half!!!

All gas, no brakes!!!

Ima afraid we don’t have that killer in us anymore. We are getting softer when it comes to other teams feelings 

• SMH 1

2 hours ago, PelvisPresley said:

I hope the Buckeyes excise their "Carthage demon" on Spring Hill by scoring 84...49 by the half, another 35 in the 2nd half!!!

All gas, no brakes!!!

I hope you have two flat tires and a dead battery Friday.  Where abouts do you live and I know a few people that can make that happen.

1 hour ago, Panther89 said:

This will not be a blowout, and you Gilmer fans are over confident! Spring Hill in the past has given Gilmer a close game, and quite honestly, the Panthers could surprise someone Friday night! 

There have been a few years where we played flat against Spring Hill and the score was closer than it should've been.  I don't expect anything other than the best effort that the Panthers can muster.  They would love nothing more than to beat the Buckeyes.  Honestly, I just don't see the Buckeyes playing flat.  If they do, they will struggle..., still win, but struggle.  I just think this year's team will try to put Spring Hill away early, then sub players in freely for experience.  I look for the score to be about 35 to nothing before halftime.  The Buckeye offense has to put some work in and find their rhythm early.  I think they will.  I also look for the Buckeye defense to wreak havoc in the trenches, too.  SH's QB will have to be able to move a LOT just to get passes off.  I think the Black Flag Defense will be in the Panther backfield on a regular basis.  JMHO.

33 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

There have been a few years where we played flat against Spring Hill and the score was closer than it should've been.  I don't expect anything other than the best effort that the Panthers can muster.  They would love nothing more than to beat the Buckeyes.  Honestly, I just don't see the Buckeyes playing flat.  If they do, they will struggle..., still win, but struggle.  I just think this year's team will try to put Spring Hill away early, then sub players in freely for experience.  I look for the score to be about 35 to nothing before halftime.  The Buckeye offense has to put some work in and find their rhythm early.  I think they will.  I also look for the Buckeye defense to wreak havoc in the trenches, too.  SH's QB will have to be able to move a LOT just to get passes off.  I think the Black Flag Defense will be in the Panther backfield on a regular basis.  JMHO.

No doubt the Bux have advantages in the trenches on both sides of the ball vs the Panthers.  We are going to have to know where #44 is on every play and ensure he is accounted for, even if we have to double or use a FB/TE to help out.  That will require the OL to communicate effectively before every snap.  Pass plays will need to be quick hitting timing routes or fades.  Slow developing plays are doomed before they start.  RPO’s will only work if we can establish some sort of run game early.  QB will have to be a coach on the field and have the green light to change plays based on the look. QB draw may be the most productive play on the ground and could be critical in moving the chains.

On D the Panthers will need to play assignment football and keep everything in front.  A 15 yard completion is much better than a 75 yard TD reception.  Bend but don’t break and tackle in space.  Gilmer will score points, but they need to be on sustained drives and not on big plays.

3 hours ago, Panther89 said:

This will not be a blowout, and you Gilmer fans are over confident! Spring Hill in the past has given Gilmer a close game, and quite honestly, the Panthers could surprise someone Friday night! 

Hate to tell ya buddy but this game will have a lopsided score

1 hour ago, WiseGuy said:

Hate to tell ya buddy but this game will have a lopsided score

WiseGuy - I tend to agree with you that the final score will likely be lopsided against the Panthers.  I think SH has the ability to keep it close in the 1st half if they can execute and score.  But somewhere in Q3 Gilmer will go on a run and break the game open.  If SH cannot sustain a drive in the first half, then Gilmer’s run could happen earlier much like Henderson’s did a few weeks ago.

I see teams has success on us I have never seen a team sub players every other play. It’s like we are clueless sometimes and just over think it’s hard to watch. I remember the good days with traylor these types of games would be over by now and that’s when the backups will be in the game but now they get a chance to play every other series.

Just now, Sportsguru02 said:

I see teams has success on us I have never seen a team sub players every other play. It’s like we are clueless sometimes and just over think it’s hard to watch. I remember the good days with traylor these types of games would be over by now and that’s when the backups will be in the game but now they get a chance to play every other series.

Buckeyes seem to have no motivation. That 2nd Qtr was not good. Gilmer HC seems clueless. Pulls one of his best defensive players for talking smack. Ref complained and went out and benched him. It’s part of the game. Play calling is not great and defense seems lost and uninterested. 

2 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Buckeyes seem to have no motivation. That 2nd Qtr was not good. Gilmer HC seems clueless. Pulls one of his best defensive players for talking smack. Ref complained and went out and benched him. It’s part of the game. Play calling is not great and defense seems lost and uninterested. 

Hey ive been saying it, that’s why we can’t beat Carthage our HC and OC are clueless 

• Wow 1