Carthage vs Center

CarthDawg77

Just keep improving. Surratt didn’t sound too happy with energy Friday. Hope these kids and coaches are able to focus going forward and improve each week. These games are the ones that count, but they also need to be games to focus on getting better. The competition shouldn’t be too stiff, but if the focus isn’t there anything can happen.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Just keep improving. Surratt didn’t sound too happy with energy Friday. Hope these kids and coaches are able to focus going forward and improve each week. These games are the ones that count, but they also need to be games to focus on getting better. The competition shouldn’t be too stiff, but if the focus isn’t there anything can happen.

That’s what I’m worried about come deep playoff time. There may be a few teams that you can’t afford to be that sloppy and mistake prone on offense with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, RickyTheNatureBoyFlair said:

I don't believe Center considered Horace graduating when they built this schedule two years ago.  The good news is they will have an easier schedule in district. The bad news is this game will make the last 5 non district opponents seem like cupcakes. They have definitely had a "Rough ride" to start the year.

Yeah those first 3 games against 3A teams were tough. 

35 minutes ago, ttowngrad said:

Rumor on the street is the old saying if money talks then and bull poo walks.. Surratt to lufkin for over 200,000.00 plus 

Surratt has said on multiple occasions that he intends to be in Carthage at least until his son graduates.  I will believe otherwise if/when I see it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Carthage big.

But if I’m a Dawgs fan, I’m hoping to see a more efficient, more focused, more energized offense this week. If it isn’t there, might be time to worry … not existentially, of course, because the Carthage defense is good enough to make them favorites, no matter who they play … but the Dawgs are going to come up against a really good defense at some point that will be able to attack the offense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Carthage big.

But if I’m a Dawgs fan, I’m hoping to see a more efficient, more focused, more energized offense this week. If it isn’t there, might be time to worry … not existentially, of course, because the Carthage defense is good enough to make them favorites, no matter who they play … but the Dawgs are going to come up against a really good defense at some point that will be able to attack the offense.

I agree 100%. It won’t necessarily ever be a concern about the other team’s offense. It absolutely can be a concern when they play another team that has a really good defense and that defense is capable of turning a sloppy offense’s miscues into points. 

• Like 1