Carthage vs Center

CarthDawg77

But back to Carthage vs. Center...

I admit I'm not well versed on Center this year other than I know that Horace is gone.  Man that guy was electric.  And it appears it's been a very rough year for Center so far.  Are there any Center fans who can shed some light on who the guys to watch are? And maybe what's been the problem so far?

2 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I usually post that kinda of stuff once I get on the bottle. I ain’t ever got that drunk. 

Carthage might have a slight advantage over Rusk in athletes but Rusk has a big advantage in coaching. 
Center is 0 - 5 so Carthage coaches are working on Rusk this week to try to make up for the better coaching Rusk has.  It is what it is. 

• LOL! 1
  • SMH 1

12 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Just did a quick Google and looks like he is at Navarro! 

Thanks.  I see that he had 5 carries in the season opener against Cisco, averaging an impressive 17 yards per carry. This included a 61-yarder.

Perhaps he is now injured. Let’s hope he hasn’t had the same experience at Navarro as Dwight Smith did. My recollection is that Dwight played in only one (or two) games there.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TCU44 said:

Carthage will play Celina in the state final. A rematch from 2008 mark it down!👍

I hope your right. 
The Dawg Offense has to get better in every game from here on out. The Dawg D can stop anyone from scoring but offense needs to do it’s job and not put the D in bad situations, and I believe they will grab another gear starting with district. The Dawgs are about to start rolling  

Let’s Go Dawgs🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆and hopefully number 🏆

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2021 at 7:32 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Now I know you’re drunk. 

I know you will be glad to know Carthage started 3 juniors and a freshman on defense against P G last Friday…..so not the whole defense graduating this year. 
Along with 8 underclassmen starting on offense. 

I feel sorry for Center. It is lot of good people in Center. Bad things shouldn't happen to good people.

Some folks have told the Bulldogs they will be playing Celina in the state final. Because of same starting letter and same number of letters in the name some of the Bulldogs think they are playin Celina Friday night and want to make a statement.

This could get Ugly. I am talking coyote ugly.

13 hours ago, cotton84 said:

I know you will be glad to know Carthage started 3 juniors and a freshman on defense against P G last Friday…..so not the whole defense graduating this year. 
Along with 8 underclassmen starting on offense. 

Is the freshman a defensive lineman?  Got a name and jersey number for him?

4 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I feel sorry for anyone that plays Carthage. 

I would have put CH up against them...... Then we played Lindale.

In my opinion, I had CH 2nd in our district....

Could easily be 3rd after Lindale and Kilgore coming. 

Not taking any games for granted anymore.  

2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Yes……..I think he was #54…..Don’t think he was listed in the program last week. 

Surratt hasn’t had many freshman that played on the varsity IIRC. Last one I can recall is Mykel Gates in 2014. I think that year we also had Hunter Townsend play some as a freshman. Before that it was Mario McCain who started from 2010 - 2013. Then probably Ed Pope played as a freshman some. The list is short for sure. I know you will remember all of them. Not sure if I missed any or not. Pretty big deal to play as a freshman at Carthage.