Red River Shootout

Stoney

Red River Shootout  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oklahoma
    • Texas
  2. 2. How many flags thrown for Horns down?

• More than 1
  3. 3. Higher number?

• Bijan carries total
    • Rattlers pass attempts

I’ll give credit where credit is due. To come in to the RRS and lead your team to a huge comeback is quite remarkable. Sure Texas helped him out along the way, but the kid made some big time plays. I really think these 2 teams see each other again this season. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, LOL said:

HALFTIME
UT 38
OU 20

I hate to say I told you so... 

Wait...  no I don't. I love it: I TOLD YOU SO.

Oklahoma is not a top 5 team, they ain't even top 10. The defense may be better than recent years, but they ain't elite. Not yet. Of course it doesn't help matters when your QB is guaranteed for at least a couple turnovers per game. Speaking of...

Rattler is not the guy. Oh sure, he's got great arm ability, but that's where it ends. He is not clutch, he's just a hothouse flower front-runner. His ability to see the field is woefully lacking, and shows no sign of improving. I wish him well at Arizona State or whatever Pac school he transfers to. 

Oh, and Riley is getting trounced in the X's and O's by Sarkisian. For a guy who made his bones as Mr. Innovation, he's become all too predictable in recent years. Maybe he's been limited by personnel (see above) but that's his fault too. 

There's no miracle comeback coming. Yeah, OU might score some points, but Grinch has absolutely no answer for Thompson or Robinson. This game is over. 

FINAL
OU 55
UT 48

Oh how the turntables... I mean, talk about a game of two halves! 

Attrition on the o-line did what OU's defense could not: limit Bijan Robinson, though I still feel like Sark went away from him too hasty. I would've found ways to get the ball to him in space, but to be fair Casey Thompson had one of the most terrifying games I've ever experienced from a UT starter. Like for real, I haven't been this anxious about a 'Horn QB since Colt McCoy. He isn't flashy, he just makes the absolute perfect read in 99 percent of the situations. 

I'm sure UT fans don't want to hear any consolation from a Sooner grad right now, but I'll go ahead and say it: your season is faaaar from over. Y'all are still on the inside track for the CCG game, with a legit Heisman candidate at RB and clutch QB. 

For OU, well, it looks like the future is now. My issues with Rattler are well-covered ground on this site, but I'll just add this: Caleb Williams has the kind of "magic" and flair for big plays we haven't had since Baker/Murray/Hurts. For a guy who's had zero QB1 practice snaps this season, he came off the bench throwing strikes and making cheat-code plays. While I still don't think we deserve a top5 ranking, I think we've finally moved into the top 10 with this win.

In summation: I hate and love this game so much. 

BOOMER SOONER!

8 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Perfect game for OU! 
played poor enough to bench Rattler but well enough to beat the whorns!!!

Texas screwed up big time, that game was gift wrapped and they still couldn’t pull it off! 

Wow! 

“We’re baaaacccck”. 😂

Dude, they are. Admit it: they had us beat. It took a heroic effort to claw our way back.

Take the W, but take it with class. 

Wow what a game. 

OU got literally every break they needed for a big comeback. A huge turnover, a reversed(correctly) turnover, missed calls and some answered prayers from a backup QB. 

Texas Oline struggled in the second half and Thompson while he did enough to win needed to hit a few more throws to win this one. 

Texas defense was gassed in the second half. They were on the field for 18 minutes of 2nd half game time and it showed. The threat of Williams keeping the ball was huge for the OU offense that was struggling hard with Rattler. 

We got an instant classic again in this great rivalry. Back and forth with big momentum swings and last team with the ball win. Hats off to Caleb Williams, big time performance. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Oh Yeah.....no problemo for me.  I don't live and die by what happens on that field.  It was fun and very exciting, but now on to the next horizon.  Have a great weekend and congrats to your Sooners on a great comeback win.

Definitely ramps up the drama for a CCG re-match.  ;) 

Well after I put everything back where it belong my conclusion from this game is as followed. For a true Freshmen who did not play HS ball last year C.Williams is going to be darn good and hard to handle in the future. The only problem I got is some of the throws deep he made were just thrown up for grabs and it seems no matter who our DC is our DBs never seem to be able to stay over the top or ever see the ball and play it. Yes you are going to get pushed off but if you are playing the ball or seeing it maybe it gets called. I thought Sark called a good game. Might have got out adjusted in the 2nd half though. In the future our offensive line has got to get better and so does tackling. I believe in time with this staff and the current recruiting this will happen. Nice comeback for OU and I have to listen to everyone for another year. Except trashyhound. When he starts  bringing objective comments on here and not just hate , then I will listen to what he has to say. 

• Love 1

It was a great game with some huge breaks going for OU, but they certainly took advantage of those breaks. I'm super disappointed in our second half game plan. Our defense was not flying around the football like they did in the 1st half, and the offense took their foot off the gas. Sure BR can break one at anytime, but look what we did in the 1st half by getting all involved. OU was putting 7-8 in the box and we continued to give to BR - not one time did Thompson keep the ball and squirt out the back end. I went back and watched several times to see if the DE was containing - he was very loosely. I know the backside LB and Safety was gone after BR!

Also, why are we letting OU's RB get loose at the end. It's the final play before a FG attempt. Somebody has to come off the edge unblocked with the sole purpose to tackling the RB - the other side goes after the QB. It's a simple call from the sideline that teams I coached with always had as an automatic. Doesn't matter were everyone else goes - go stick to your guy immediately!

Last, I'm a little worried about the letdown playing OSU next week. They were off this week with extra time to get healthy. We've got to put this game behind us and play another Top 15 team.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, LOL said:

Dude, they are. Admit it: they had us beat. It took a heroic effort to claw our way back.

Take the W, but take it with class. 

I’ll respectfully disagree. They’ll lose another one or two. 
Honest opinion is they got lucky at the start of the game. missed tackle on a screen, blocked punt, busted coverage, etc. If it wasn’t for Rattler Texas gets blown out. 
This was their shot, they blew it. if they’re lucky enough to make it to the conference championship game Caleb Williams will completely destroy them. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 514 said:

Well after I put everything back where it belong my conclusion from this game is as followed. For a true Freshmen who did not play HS ball last year C.Williams is going to be darn good and hard to handle in the future. The only problem I got is some of the throws deep he made were just thrown up for grabs and it seems no matter who our DC is our DBs never seem to be able to stay over the top or ever see the ball and play it. Yes you are going to get pushed off but if you are playing the ball or seeing it maybe it gets called. I thought Sark called a good game. Might have got out adjusted in the 2nd half though. In the future our offensive line has got to get better and so does tackling. I believe in time with this staff and the current recruiting this will happen. Nice comeback for OU and I have to listen to everyone for another year. Except trashyhound. When he starts  bringing objective comments on here and not just hate , then I will listen to what he has to say. 

Typical loser talk from a whorn. 
i would expect nothing less

1 minute ago, trashyhound said:

I’ll respectfully disagree. They’ll lose another one or two. 
Honest opinion is they got lucky at the start of the game. missed tackle on a screen, blocked punt, busted coverage, etc. If it wasn’t for Rattler Texas gets blown out. 
This was their shot, they blew it. if they’re lucky enough to make it to the conference championship game Caleb Williams will completely destroy them. 

Hey, it's your opinion, and you have a right to it. Agree to disagree. 👍

• Like 1

Very confused with the play calling! He looked like Herman and was trying to get out of there with a win.. Basically he went blank on play calling. Everyone seen this.. 

He kept trying to run it on first down a 2nd down and the oline was getting dismantled up front. I mean dismantled and stark never changed until the last two drives… 

Where was the creative play calling that we seen in the first half getting everyone involved.. The jet sweeps, quick outs, hitch’s, quick screens from the wr.. I mean he did nothing his mind went blank.. 

Postives Robertson is a freak and worthy will be also.. So we will be fine… Lesson learned by sark and staff and Casey finally played in his first real test.. I honestly believe they will win out if they take this in a positive outcome.. 

• Like 1

I know it’s easier said then done.. But where was the quick screens to Worthy and Moore and the jets sweeps they were Literally selling out on the run. Sark is going to beat himself up on this one.. Go back and watch the 3rd 4th it was there all day.. They were terrified of worthy and more beating them over the top and they still did.. No excuses for sark!!! I mean he blew it on the big stage..

• Like 1

So question for all? Do you trust sark going forward with play calling in big time games because I have lost all trust in him.. Worthy with a slant, worthy with a quick screen over and over again and wait you have Moore out there also… I can’t get over it!! 

3 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

No excuse for not using the run game with one of the best in the nation. Also would have changed the tempo of the game and you most likely win. He is definitely better than they had. 

See I believe they kept forcing the run in the 2nd half in between the tackles and it didn’t work and he had no other plan…

10 minutes ago, bigj said:

See I believe they kept forcing the run in the 2nd half in between the tackles and it didn’t work and he had no other plan…

I was stunned that Roschon was not a bigger part of the gameplan...  is he banged-up or something?

I was shocked also! I honestly believe sark got lost in the game and forgot everything and was trying Not to lose!!! 

I was screaming at my tv  saying screen to worthy, screen to Moore, bubble screen to the tight end after he helped the right tackle block.. It was there all night and he lost it…  Every series of the 2nd half.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

The run game in the second half decided the whole thing. Texas could no longer run and became one-dimensional. That and some horrible non-calls on OK's D. Caleb is your starter here on out. And it's obvious Lincoln's offense works better when you have a TRUE duel threat QB. Dual threat works better with that offensive line. I would be shocked if this isn’t a rematch of the Big 12 championship. Clearly the two best teams.

Copy and paste job 🙄

1 hour ago, bigj said:

So question for all? Do you trust sark going forward with play calling in big time games because I have lost all trust in him.. Worthy with a slant, worthy with a quick screen over and over again and wait you have Moore out there also… I can’t get over it!! 

Yes, play calling wasn’t an issue. The OU dline was the issue in the second half.

Texas drive chart 2nd half:

1st drive started at own 8: Run -4 yds, pass to Bijan 2yds, false start, incomplete on 3rd &15.

2nd drive: 8 plays 53 yds ended with a FG after Washington couldn’t get his toe in bounds on a great play. 

3rd drive: rush no yds, false start, rush 2 yds, end of quarter, 3rd &13 incomplete pass. 

4th drive from own 18: sack 8 yd loss, 2nd &18 from the 10 Incomplete, 3rd &18 incomplete. 

5th drive: bubble complete to for 2 yds, complete deep ball for 48, run no gain, run -2 yds, incomplete to Washington, incomplete to Bijan. 

6th drive: 6 plays 60yds 5 pass 1 run capped by a 31 yd TD pass to Worthy. 

3 drives upended by penalties deep in our own territory. 2 drives ended in 10 points, and 1 drive ended on a failed 4th down. 

The Texas Oline killed half of the 2nd half drives and gave up a lot of pressure on 3rd and 4th down on the drive that ended on 4th down. So I don’t believe Sark called a bad 2nd half, I believe he was hamstrung by his oline. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1