Red River Shootout

Stoney

Red River Shootout  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oklahoma
    • Texas
  2. 2. How many flags thrown for Horns down?

• More than 1
  3. 3. Higher number?

• Bijan carries total
    • Rattlers pass attempts

2 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Yes, play calling wasn’t an issue. The OU dline was the issue in the second half.

Texas drive chart 2nd half:

1st drive started at own 8: Run -4 yds, pass to Bijan 2yds, false start, incomplete on 3rd &15.

2nd drive: 8 plays 53 yds ended with a FG after Washington couldn’t get his toe in bounds on a great play. 

3rd drive: rush no yds, false start, rush 2 yds, end of quarter, 3rd &13 incomplete pass. 

4th drive from own 18: sack 8 yd loss, 2nd &18 from the 10 Incomplete, 3rd &18 incomplete. 

5th drive: bubble complete to for 2 yds, complete deep ball for 48, run no gain, run -2 yds, incomplete to Washington, incomplete to Bijan. 

6th drive: 6 plays 60yds 5 pass 1 run capped by a 31 yd TD pass to Worthy. 

3 drives upended by penalties deep in our own territory. 2 drives ended in 10 points, and 1 drive ended on a failed 4th down. 

The Texas Oline killed half of the 2nd half drives and gave up a lot of pressure on 3rd and 4th down on the drive that ended on 4th down. So I don’t believe Sark called a bad 2nd half, I believe he was hamstrung by his oline. 

Solid analysis, quality content. Sir, this is unacceptable. 

Post reported. User banned. 

• LOL! 1

I don't think there needs to be to big  over reaction to this game. It is a game against your biggest rival and a lot of weird things have happen in this game. Stars have been born in this game and Caleb Williams is one of them. I can't say enough about someone who did not even play in High School last year  and showed the poised he did in this game. It happens. He is going to be hard to deal with in the next couple of years. I did not expect Texas to win every game this year. Wanted to see improvement and at least 9 tp 10 wins and go from their for the 1st year. Still a lot of season left.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Tough loss to take last night but there were a lot of things to like about where Sark can take this program. 

Sark had a great game plan coming into the game and I don’t think OU would’ve stopped the Texas offense if the Oline wasn’t so bad. As I pointed out in the shootout thread, Texas had 6 second half drives and 3 were doomed by Oline penalties and a 4th drive was ended with heavy pressure on the QB. 

For the first time that I can remember Texas had the best WR on the field in the RRS. Worthy was a stud yesterday and even after his costly turnover he came back and had 4 catches and a 31 yd TD catch to tie the game. 

The defense had a great gam plan for Rattler and gave up 13 points to the offense he led. (the TD was heavily aided by a missed called on 3rd &10 when the WR stepped out of bounds. The other TD was the 4th &1 run by Williams) 

The defense was not prepared for Caleb Williams and the young QB had the game of his life. Even when he was pressured and hit his passes found OU receivers. He threw a TD on a 3rd &10 where he got a bad snap and had pressure in his face after picking it up, he stepped up rolled right and hit his man in the endzone. 

Special teams had another punt block and Dicker made his FGs. Worthy and RoJo had mental errors bringing KO out of the endzone. RoJo brought his out to the 18 and the drive went 3&out after a sack on 1st down. Worthy obviously we remember the fumble. 

Texas is a much more improved team from game 2 to game 6 and that’s nice to see. Texas also has a coach that can out scheme his opponents and that’s nice to see. Texas is lacking at offensive tackle and pass rusher. Those two things won’t be fixed this year but this program is headed in the right direction and I think Sark was the correct hire. 

lol, glad you’re happy with Sark but nothing has changed. Oklahoma is still the whorns daddy. 

Texas grabs a crazy lead on busted plays and turnovers only to get dominated the rest of the game. That was Lincoln Riley’s worst quarterback he’s ever had in Rattler and the Williams kid is about to own Texas for 2 more years. Texas is in trouble, Texas and Sark got lucky with the start of that game but still found a way to lose! 
Texas will lose a couple more before the year is out. Buckle up whorn fans

3 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

lol, glad you’re happy with Sark but nothing has changed. Oklahoma is still the whorns daddy. 

Texas grabs a crazy lead on busted plays and turnovers only to get dominated the rest of the game. That was Lincoln Riley’s worst quarterback he’s ever had in Rattler and the Williams kid is about to own Texas for 2 more years. Texas is in trouble, Texas and Sark got lucky with the start of that game but still found a way to lose! 

You could definitely be correct. Hope you’re wrong.

🤘🏻

12 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

It’s a rivalry game, busted plays, turnovers, and momentum is part of the game. 
You won the game by a touchdown and the officials gave you your first score. Congratulations on the win and finding the right QB in the process. Good luck the rest of the season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mellon said:

The defense had a great game plan for Rattler and gave up 13 points to the offense he led. (the TD was heavily aided by a missed called on 3rd &10 when the WR stepped out of bounds.

16 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Open Photo

Enhance...  enhance...  enhance...

FBR-h4q-UUAIc-LJh.jpg

• Wow 1

4 minutes ago, LOL said:

FBR-h4q-UUAIc-LJh.jpg

Game of inches. Texas Wr Washington had a very similar catch in the 3rd quarter but he couldn’t get his toe in bounds. 

This was not the one I was referring to in my summary above. I was referring to the first TD that was aided by the 3rd &10 reception that was allowed to stand although the receiver went out of bounds on his own and then caught the ball further down the field. 

• Like 2

Just now, JustAFan11 said:

This was not the one I was referring to in my summary above. I was referring to the first TD that was aided by the 3rd &10 reception that was allowed to stand although the receiver went out of bounds on his own and then caught the ball further down the field. 

Ah, gotcha.

To be honest, I agreed with the announcers: he was not "forced" out, he was trying to evade and stepped out on his own. The catch should not have counted. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LOL said:

FBR-h4q-UUAIc-LJh.jpg

That's not the one he's talking about. He was referring to the 3rd and long play, in the 1st quarter, when OU went for 29 yards on the play. Prior to the WR catching the ball, he went out of bounds on his own. By rule, that's illegal touching and OU should have been punting. Instead, they review the call, let it stand, and OU went down to score and make it 14-0. 

There's absolutely no excuse for Texas blowing a 28-7 lead, but 28-0 also does much more to a teams psyche than 14-7 does. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

That's not the one he's talking about. He was referring to the 3rd and long play, in the 1st quarter, when OU went for 29 yards on the play. Prior to the WR catching the ball, he went out of bounds on his own. By rule, that's illegal touching and OU should have been punting. Instead, they review the call, let it stand, and OU went down to score and make it 14-0. 

There's absolutely no excuse for Texas blowing a 28-7 lead, but 28-0 also does much more to a teams psyche than 14-7 does. 

Yeah, I guess I was responding more to my UT friends and relatives on Facebook, who absolutely swear that OU paid off the referees, and argue that every close call or weird call that went in OU's favor is part of a broader conspiracy against Texas. 

I mean, yeah, it's probably true, but I also wanted to share this photo because it's awesome. :tinfoil:

4 minutes ago, LOL said:

Yeah, I guess I was responding more to my UT friends and relatives on Facebook, who absolutely swear that OU paid off the referees, and argue that every close call or weird call that went in OU's favor is part of a broader conspiracy against Texas. 

I mean, yeah, it's probably true, but I also wanted to share this photo because it's awesome. :tinfoil:

That was a great photo. Can't get a better look than that.

As for the officials, eh, there were a few calls that could have gone the other way. The only obvious one to me was that 3rd down play where the WR stepped out first. Other than that, Texas didn't lose this game because of the officials. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

It’s a rivalry game, busted plays, turnovers, and momentum is part of the game. 
You won the game by a touchdown and the officials gave you your first score. Congratulations on the win and finding the right QB in the process. Good luck the rest of the season. 

However you want to see it man, but deep down you know it too. Texas is light years away from being any good

• LOL! 1
  • SMH 1
  • Stinks 2

1 hour ago, LOL said:

FBR-h4q-UUAIc-LJh.jpg

Actually, I was referring to the play where the receiver step out of bounds and came back in WITHOUT being forced out by the defender. So much for replay.

32 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

However you want to see it man, but deep down you know it too. Texas is light years away from being any good

Did we watch the same game? 

934e875h98.png

Texas was in control from the first play and led the almost the entire game. We only tied it with 7:25 in the 4th, and took our first lead of the game at the 7:10 mark. 

Also, Texas rolled up over 500 yards of offense against our highly-vaunted defense, scoring 48 points and forcing 2 turnovers. Oklahoma never slowed down Robinson until Texas started losing starting linemen. 

Hey, it was a great win, and I would be the last person to tell you not to crow about it...  but a teensy bit of sportsmanship is warranted. It was a great game, and were it not for some incredible moments, it could have very easily gone the other way. 

This is not a Herman football team right now. Sarkisian is a playcaller to be feared. He's got UT going in the right direction. I'm grateful to have escaped this one, and expect to see them again in the Big XII title game. 

• Like 1