Trillion-dollar platinum coin could be minted at the last minute

Monte1076

Has anyone ever thought about these gold and silver companies willing to sell this precious metal for worthless fiat money? Had a friend one time ask a salesperson “why would you want to exchange something that’s worth so much for a piece of worthless paper?” Salesperson was speechless. Then he asked “ how are you paid?” Salesperson responded “I get a paycheck.” Which he replied “ a paycheck that you cask for fiat money. Maybe you should asked to be paid in gold?” The salesperson was like “ you’re right lol”. Things get bad. If you had plenty of food, water, means to defend yourself, and other necessities would you part with any of it for a gold coin? I wouldn’t. 

20 minutes ago, BarryGoldwater said:

Has anyone ever thought about these gold and silver companies willing to sell this precious metal for worthless fiat money? Had a friend one time ask a salesperson “why would you want to exchange something that’s worth so much for a piece of worthless paper?” Salesperson was speechless. Then he asked “ how are you paid?” Salesperson responded “I get a paycheck.” Which he replied “ a paycheck that you cask for fiat money. Maybe you should asked to be paid in gold?” The salesperson was like “ you’re right lol”. Things get bad. If you had plenty of food, water, means to defend yourself, and other necessities would you part with any of it for a gold coin? I wouldn’t. 

Gold is only worth what people are willing to give for it, or what you're willing to take for it.

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

Gold is only worth what people are willing to give for it, or what you're willing to take for it.

If a true breakdown in society were to happen, I’m not trading anything for a gold coin. Even a bar. May trade you some salt for some honey if I get a sweet tooth though. 

7 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

All I know is, I have been buying up gold, silver, and copper since 2006--What I really want now is a smelter--to melt a lot of it down and make my own bars. But they are still a little expensive for me. 😃

Sell some of the gold. 😉

• LOL! 1

11 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Diamonds are the most overpriced item that people place a value on.  It's only because women think they are their best friends.

54 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

A trillion dollar platinum coin ???  I would likely get drunk and put the coin into the candy or soda machine by mistake.   

Sort of like some did with the Susan B. Anthony dollar that many thought was a quarter during Carter's Administration.  We used to have tokens that we could play video games with, because of those things, and now there's bitcoin.  

7 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Sort of like some did with the Susan B. Anthony dollar that many thought was a quarter during Carter's Administration.  We used to have tokens that we could play video games with, because of those things, and now there's bitcoin.  

#SatanCoin

18 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

#SatanCoin

BitCoin (and other cryptocurrency) may very well end up being problematic. The tech behind it is pretty cool, but cryptocurrency itself may end up being a problem. I think some cracks are already starting to show.

14 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Bitcoin= The Mark of the Beast as far as I’m concerned.

You're gonna have to explain that one to me.

As I said, I'm far more interested in the blockchain tech behind it, and things like cryptography, than I am actual cryptocurrency.

4 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

You're gonna have to explain that one to me.

As I said, I'm far more interested in the blockchain tech behind it, and things like cryptography, than I am actual cryptocurrency.

If you are a Christian, you should know what I meant. We are in the final days here.

9 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

If you are a Christian, you should know what I meant. We are in the final days here.

I understand crypto is a digital currency. AFAIK there's no "mark" needed on anyone in order to use it, at least not yet.

Digital monetary transactions are different than digital currency.