#2 Stephenville(5-0) @ #8 La Vega(3-2)

regaleagle

38 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Regale you sure. 

I checked in on that Livestream......LV looks dead.  NO pass rush, no blocking on offense at the point of attack, no blocking downfield.  Their QB can't hit a pass.  They look the worst I have ever seen......and it's a home game for LV.  Stephenville got a couple of turnovers and scored on both.  I think they ripped out one of them at least.  Stephenville on the other hand.......they came to play and win.  

From what I could tell......Stephenville's O-line was in control all night on offense.  Lambert had all day with very little pressure......not what  you expect to see from  LV.  And then on offense, LV could not find any room either.  This was just the lines of Stephenville controlling both sides of the ball, and Stephenville's skill players executing at will.  Hats off to the Yellowjackets on a very BIG win and excellent performance against what is supposedly a very good defensive team.   Maybe LV is somewhat decimated with the injury bug to some key players on defense here in midseason.........I don't know.  But you play those that are healthy.......Argyle is also playing with key personnel injured on the sidelines.

3 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

From what I could tell......Stephenville's O-line was in control all night on offense.  Lambert had all day with very little pressure......not what  you expect to see from  LV.  And then on offense, LV could not find any room either.  This was just the lines of Stephenville controlling both sides of the ball, and Stephenville's skill players executing at will.  Hats off to the Yellowjackets on a very BIG win and excellent performance against what is supposedly a very good defensive team.   Maybe LV is somewhat decimated with the injury bug to some key players on defense here in midseason.........I don't know.  But you play those that are healthy.......Argyle is also playing with key personnel injured on the sidelines.

What did Argyle do tonight. 

1 minute ago, cowboyandchrist said:

What did Argyle do tonight. 

42-21 against Anna........it'was 42-7  before the subs came in during the middle of the 3rd.  Both offense and defense.......2nd and 3rd units played.  They scored 14 pts. in the 4th.  Good team.......4 quality receivers, one good Rb, and a very good passing qb that has some speed and escapeability.  Anna has a chance at a playoff spot in this tough district.  Big D line too........they have some pieces for sure.

Just now, regaleagle said:

42-21 against Anna........it'was 42-7  before the subs came in during the middle of the 3rd.  Both offense and defense.......2nd and 3rd units played.  They scored 14 pts. in the 4th.  Good team.......4 quality receivers, one good Rb, and a very good passing qb that has some speed and escapeability.  Anna has a chance at a playoff spot in this tough district.  Big D line too........they have some pieces for sure.

Argyle 2nd/3rd team offense shut it down with victory formation on the  Anna 15 with almost 2 min. left.

Jett Copeland started his first game at QB for Argyle tonight.  He only went for something like 8 out  of 10 with 4 TDs and over 200 yds passing for only 2.5 quarters.  He also rushed for 40+ yds and 1 TD.  Robinson started at Dback like last year.  He played in the 4th qtr in relief. That out of state move-in Alex Moeller took over in the 3rd and completed a bomb right on the money for about 45 yds.......to a receiver that was covered.  It was a perfect throw. He completed several in two series I think.  He looked good too. He's a junior this season.  Ohlemeier started at safety.  Looks like a work a round for Argyle with some personnel and it all worked pretty good. One of Copeland's throws was dropped TD by Hayden Stewart in the endzone right in his hands on a 20 yd slant pass.  He never drops that.  So actually Copeland was even better than his stats.

I can almost guarantee Argyle will be hitting on all cylinders by playoff time......esp. with the work around of the personnel. Not just at the skill positions, either........they changed up some of the offensive and defensive lines as well.......and the secondary.  This team suddenly looks alot different with just a few changes here and there.  There were a couple of key injuries to some very good starters that happened......two on the O-line and a very good linebacker.  I don't think any will be back this season.  All were underclassmen......2 jr's and one soph that were all very very good at their positions.  I think Argyle will be a very tough out in the playoffs......they have lots of football left and have the depth and time to get the offense clicking.

15 minutes ago, HomeRunKing said:

There is a team in the same district as Argyle / Melissa that may be better than both of them….

You must mean Kaufman.  Saw the Terrell/Kaufman livestream last night before they took it down today.  They are decent, but almost lost that game to Terrell.  Terrell was leading going into the 4th quarter.  Kaufman has two chances, not one, to put up or shut up. Actually 3......they have to beat Paris, too.

In my mind......Melissa will run the table in District 7 now that they have finally defeated Argyle.  Argyle should win out also.  I look for some tight and hard-fought battles between the remaining 4.......which excludes the 7th team Carrollton Ranchview.  This district is very competitive even with Melissa and Argyle with a big advantage.  Looks like Melissa wins the district for the #1 spot, Argyle will take the #2 spot, and Kaufman SHOULD get the #3 spot.  IF Paris defeats Kaufman next week, then that opens up both the #3 and #4 spots to any of the remaining 4.  I just don't see any of those teams winning against Argyle or Melissa.  It could happen......it's football and there could be some variables that come into play.......but the odds for that happening are very high.  We all show up every week to see what transpires......regardless of the odds.

Many interested 4A D-1 fans......and even D-2 fans......thought as I did that this Stephenville/La Vega matchup would be a very tight battle and possibly very low-scoring.  It was low-scoring for La Vega, but not for Stephenville.  For whatever reasons and why, this ballgame at this time in the season was not close. Stephenville dominated every statistical category and both sides of the ball in this game.  Most teams still have 4 games left on their schedule during the regular season.......that's alot of time for those that are playoff-bound to make the necessary changes between now and the first week of the playoffs.  I would look for a "bounce-back" from La Vega before it's all said and done.......they just have too many athletes and good coaches to go away quietly into the night.

23 hours ago, regaleagle said:

In my mind......Melissa will run the table in District 7 now that they have finally defeated Argyle.  Argyle should win out also.  I look for some tight and hard-fought battles between the remaining 4.......which excludes the 7th team Carrollton Ranchview.  This district is very competitive even with Melissa and Argyle with a big advantage.  Looks like Melissa wins the district for the #1 spot, Argyle will take the #2 spot, and Kaufman SHOULD get the #3 spot.  IF Paris defeats Kaufman next week, then that opens up both the #3 and #4 spots to any of the remaining 4.  I just don't see any of those teams winning against Argyle or Melissa.  It could happen......it's football and there could be some variables that come into play.......but the odds for that happening are very high.  We all show up every week to see what transpires......regardless of the odds.

Paris travels to Terrell this week in a must-win matchup for both teams.  Anna has a home game hosting Melissa.....who is coming off their Bye Week.  Argyle will host Carrollton Ranchview at home and Kaufman takes their Bye Week this week.  That Paris/Terrell matchup is the one to watch this week in District 7, for sure.