Casting calls: Surratt's Dawgs

DAWG91

There has to be a movie made about the success of the Carthage Bulldogs under the stewardship of who I think just may be the best TX HS football caoch ever.  If he stays in Carthage, maybe the best anywhere. 

If a movie's to be made,  who should play Coach Surratt?

My choice is Tim Blake Nelson. A+ actor and sort of looks like Scott.  I have no doubt this guy would nail it!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Blake_Nelson

Anybody else wanna play?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

We need to win 9 this year, 10 next year and then SS and his son win three in a row together!

Maybe then they can make the movie.

There's been blockbuster's made about less.  Just sayin'.  The father/son 3 peat, or 4-peat if my dreams come true,  should be saved for the sequel.

8 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Matthew McConaughey because he’d be the first actor ever to play in two movies about Carthage. 

I figured MM would be the popular pick but I'd still prefer Tim.  For whatever that's worth lol.

On 10/9/2021 at 9:44 AM, BevBrownJr said:

Since Telly Savalas is no longer available, Bruce Willis should play Coach Preston.

Anthony Hopkins would be a great Darren Preston because of those scarey Defenses he brings to every game....😱

As for Surratt, I’m Going with Jack Nicholson....😎

2 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Anthony Hopkins would be a great Darren Preston because of those scarey Defenses he brings to every game....😱

As for Surratt, I’m Going with Jack Nicholson....😎

I like where your mind is at, but Jack is too old to play Surratt, well shoot, Hopkins is also too old to play Preston. 
Maybe Bradley Cooper could be Surratt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I like where your mind is at, but Jack is too old to play Surratt, well shoot, Hopkins is also too old to play Preston. 
Maybe Bradley Cooper could be Surratt. 

Granted, but my choices speak to the caliber of performers required to play such worthy characters. “Go Big, or Go Home” would make a Great movie title....!😜

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Granted, but my choices speak to the caliber of performers required to play such worthy characters. “Go Big, or Go Home” would make a Great movie title....!😜

Actually, I have to agree with Eagleborn regarding Marr McConaughey as Surratt since he did such a good job in “We Are Marshall”, the True story of the Marshall University Football Team.  still trying to come up with Preston’s performer!😳😜

4 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Actually, I have to agree with Eagleborn regarding Marr McConaughey as Surratt since he did such a good job in “We Are Marshall”, the True story of the Marshall University Football Team.  still trying to come up with Preston’s performer!😳😜

I’ve got it! Vincent D’Nofrio...The troubled “Private Pyle” in “Full Metal Jacket”. The guy whose cheese slid completely off his cracker & he shot R.Lee Ermy, his Tyrannical Drill Instructor.  He’s close to the same age & he looks kind of like Preston...😜