Pewitt @ Dekalb

Brahmaball

This one is interesting for me.  When I run the numbers for all games played, I get De Kalb favored by a significant amount.  However, I don't have any doubt that Pewitt played a far tougher pre-district schedule.  When I run the numbers for only district games, Pewitt is the favorite - although the sample size is really small. 

Just to summarize - I get a 41-19 De Kalb win when I run the numbers for all games played for each team.  When I run only district games - and there are few, I get Pewitt in a 46-39 win.  In my experience, this means that the game will be a close one. 

Here are some breakdowns by wost and best games - by my own metric :

De Kalb's best 3 vs Pewitt's best 3 : 54-21 De Kalb

De Kalb's worst 3 vs Pewitt's worst 3 : 27-21 De Kalb

De Kalb's worst 3 vs Pewitt's best 3 : 45-20 Pewitt

De Kalb's best 3 vs Pewitt's worst 3 : 61-0 De Kalb

So based on this, I get a final somewhere between a 45-20 Pewitt win and a 61-0 De Kalb win.  Wide spread - which means, I have no idea!

Based on all of this, I predict De Kalb as the winner, but these teams always beat each other up, so who knows?  I just wanted to participate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, Pax said:

This one is interesting for me.  When I run the numbers for all games played, I get De Kalb favored by a significant amount.  However, I don't have any doubt that Pewitt played a far tougher pre-district schedule.  When I run the numbers for only district games, Pewitt is the favorite - although the sample size is really small. 

Just to summarize - I get a 41-19 De Kalb win when I run the numbers for all games played for each team.  When I run only district games - and there are few, I get Pewitt in a 46-39 win.  In my experience, this means that the game will be a close one. 

Here are some breakdowns by wost and best games - by my own metric :

De Kalb's best 3 vs Pewitt's best 3 : 54-21 De Kalb

De Kalb's worst 3 vs Pewitt's worst 3 : 27-21 De Kalb

De Kalb's worst 3 vs Pewitt's best 3 : 45-20 Pewitt

De Kalb's best 3 vs Pewitt's worst 3 : 61-0 De Kalb

So based on this, I get a final somewhere between a 45-20 Pewitt win and a 61-0 De Kalb win.  Wide spread - which means, I have no idea!

Based on all of this, I predict De Kalb as the winner, but these teams always beat each other up, so who knows?  I just wanted to participate

Good analysis. Both the 45-20 and 61-0 predictions aren’t realistic. You’re correct. These two schools always play each other tough. Both are at the bottom in 3AD2 in terms of enrollment. I have PP winning, BUT it won’t be easy. Whoever comes out on top will have earned it. Great matchup of old school power football. 

Guest Tiger03lb
5 hours ago, BarryGoldwater said:

He a Pewitt fan or DeKalb fan? Going to the Junction myself. 

Don't forget Pitt fan too. Gotta support that HC. 

6 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Don't forget Pitt fan too. Gotta support that HC. 

There are many who are fans of that man. It has certainly been rough for the Pirates this year. Got Gilmer this week so don’t look for them to get the first win. I’d be willing to bet it will not be recognizable in the next couple of years in Pittsburg. 

Just now, BarryGoldwater said:

Haven’t heard that in 25 plus years

They were definitely ON THE BRAHMA TRAIL when Alto faced them at Gladewater back in 1993 and we lost in the 3rd round 35-7. My brother played as a freshman in that game and those Brahmas were SALTY. I remember PP had signs that said “On the Brahma Trail” lined down the driveway next to Jack Murphy Stadium. I thought that was cool. 

2 hours ago, PatsFan said:

Pewitt by at least 2 TD's, Dekalb has beat up on lesser teams for their wins while PP stepped up and took on the tougher competition.  PP has been tested and quite possibly will run away with this in the 4th in my opinion.

I'd run away from both teams

9 hours ago, PatsFan said:

Pewitt by at least 2 TD's, Dekalb has beat up on lesser teams for their wins while PP stepped up and took on the tougher competition.  PP has been tested and quite possibly will run away with this in the 4th in my opinion.

I have PP winning it as well, but it won’t be a runaway win. These two programs always play each other tough.