Pittsburg vs Gilmer

BeenHereB4

On 10/11/2021 at 8:39 AM, blackflag79 said:

Gilmer will likely move up to 4AD1 unless the UIL changes the numbers significantly.  Gilmer High had a record number of students at the beginning of September, 794, I believe.

850 was 4A Div 2 this time………Cutoff might drop, but hard to see it going below 830. 

7 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Yea our 9th grade are without their best players they’re either on JV and u know how it would of been with tennison playing against freshman it wouldn’t even be fair lol

You’re going to be very bored tonight watching their offense. I like power football, but I know you Buckeyes like to throw. On the bright side you’ll be home in record time with the clock always running. Buckeyes win big tonight. Spread will be a large margin like the rest of your games. Points scored may be a tad lower because more time than normal will be ran off the clock. 

So, halftime score was 16-7 Gilmer, but that’s deceiving. Gilmer had 3 possessions and scored on all three. Pitt took the air totally out of the ball and ate clock. The Gilmer defense made stops when they needed to. Fastest first half Gilmer has played in years. 

second half was another story. Gilmer was unimaginative on their first drive, and made a careless turnover on their second drive. The defense bailed them out in the second half. But this game was never really in question. 

hopefully, the Gilmer D will use this as a tuneup for PG. I’m sure they will see a lot of the same plays. 

I don’t know why Gilmer doesn’t target Rockwall more, especially in the Red Zone. 

I despise the wing T and the Slot T. It slows down the game and chews up clock. But more power to a team if they can run it effectively. 

1 hour ago, CasualObserver70 said:

So, halftime score was 16-7 Gilmer, but that’s deceiving. Gilmer had 3 possessions and scored on all three. Pitt took the air totally out of the ball and ate clock. The Gilmer defense made stops when they needed to. Fastest first half Gilmer has played in years. 

second half was another story. Gilmer was unimaginative on their first drive, and made a careless turnover on their second drive. The defense bailed them out in the second half. But this game was never really in question. 

hopefully, the Gilmer D will use this as a tuneup for PG. I’m sure they will see a lot of the same plays. 

I don’t know why Gilmer doesn’t target Rockwall more, especially in the Red Zone. 

I despise the wing T and the Slot T. It slows down the game and chews up clock. But more power to a team if they can run it effectively. 

Man we have the worst OC, we never have any flow to games. We run when we should be passing and pass when we should run. Also we go for it 4th and 2 from like the 50 then we get in the red zone with 4th and 1 and we kick a FG. I’m not use to a Gilmer team that’s not aggressive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 36gut said:

I want my money back. This game was not entertaining at all.

I actually enjoyed the game. The Gilmer D bent but did not break. Pitt made first downs, had some big plays, and ate clock, but Gilmer turned them over on all but 2 possessions, either on downs or fumbles. 

it wasn’t a great night offensively, but give some of the credit to the Pittsburg D. Gilmer couldn’t run the ball most of the night, unless it was Tennison on scrambles or QB draws. And he missed on the deep ball (underthrown all night). But the intermediate routes and screen game was working for the most part. I would like to see Gilmer more aggressive on offense, but I’d also like to see them execute better. Still too many penalties.  

I didn’t think this was a well officiated game. I don’t know if the refs were worse than the average HS officials, but they were more indecisive.  Too many huddles where it looked like they were trying to figure things out. 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 8:48 AM, blackflag79 said:

The good news is Carthage might stay in D2....:drool:.  Some other perennial powers might move up to 5A, too.  Argyle is very close, as are several others.  Celina will definitely move up to D1.

Actually Celina might stay D2